Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-06, 10:01 PM   #26
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpMan
Gotta go with you on this one NC Yankee. These kids are being like we once were, asking a lot of questions and being “ KIDS”. And a lot of us are still acting like kids( including myself.) Give these kids some leg room so they can move around, they see us grownups having fun and acting crazy “ speaking for myself”. And some of us are asking the same type questions as they are, but in a sarcastic manner. What’s the difference?. You’re right Tom, I wouldn‘t let my child on here either if I had a child…These kids mean no harm in the questions they are asking, they are following in our foot steps, give them a chance to mature…Two things I positively do not do. I neva, neva, fillet a bass and I neva, neva, neva use sarcasm to anotrhers child, I let their parents do the parenting…. Now! Who is the best basser on this site? Next to Tom, It would have to be me, hands down. Enough said about the best.. Good luck to all you young anglers.
hey, what's this? A post from carpman that I can actually understand, lol.
Old 07-26-06, 08:34 PM   #27
senko
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack
lmao at the questions...they are right on the money...only thing is that im a kid...i hope i dont annoy you guys...and ive only been fishing about a year but i know i dont know alot of things..i give basic tips...
same here,but i have been fishing for about 7 years
Old 07-27-06, 12:33 AM   #28
Deacon
BassFishin.Com Active Member

You see Lizards I knew there was a reason i liked you. You say what everyone else is thinking. I appreciate honesty in a person.

Anyways everyone here brought up great points.

I have learned a lot from this site, however "on the water time" is a much better teacher after learning a few tips here. Has anyone else ever noticed a question gets asked by a newbie, and it gets responses from a bunch of newbies, and the more experienced fellows just don't bother to reply If you are giving advice to someone about fishing. Do us all a favor. Ask yourself if you really know, or just want to post Fishing is about as opinionated sport there is. So much of what you hear is "OPINIONS ONLY" not facts. So go out fishing, and develop your own opinon.--Lizard quote

I could not agree more. It seems like everyone these days are pros and give advise with out practical "time on the water"! If i read truck magazine and repair manuals on trucks all day would that make me a mechanic? I dont think so. I on average spend 100+ days on the water consectutive for past 7 yrs. I have fished for over 25+ yrs for various species from salt water to fresh from stream to ocean. I know when I give advise I know what Im talking about. I love to give advise and hear a few days later soeone comes back to me and says "Man I caught a fish on what you told me!" To me that is the best! It seems like some of the people here take advise and give it freely without actually putting it to practical application. It think its cool if you want to chime in and give your .02 but make sure you know what you are talking about before you do. Alot of the older wiser and expeirenced fisher men/women here have great advise that should be listened to and respected.

Now I know its kinda hard for the young guns trying to get into bass fishing. Your minds are like sponges trying to soak up every bit of info about everything that has to do bass fishing. You want everything now, now, NOW! Unfortunatly this is not that kind of sport. This is a kind of sport that takes years to learn and a lifetime to master. This sport requires time time time on the water. Oh yeah then there is always MORE time on the water. Another reason I havent been here that often is Id rather BE fishing instead of TALKING about it.

I want to end with this...Think before you speak. You will be better for it!
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-06, 12:39 AM   #29
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

just remember theres a difference in asking questions and repeating the same questions over and over..especially when they are on the front page and clearly visible.

Put it this way..fishing takes work..and if you can't even put in the tiny amount of work it requires to search for an answer to your question before asking it, then why bother asking at all? You're probably not gonna put forth the effort it requires to fish, either. Also, when someone DOES ask a question, they're more than likely looking for answers from people who know about it and can give them concrete advice or reasoning. One should think to him or herself before replying to a post "do I actually know enough about this that I can say anything at all?"..sometimes its better to read than to write.

Before I found fishing messageboards..I didn't think it was possible for people to think there was a "best lure" or "best time of day to go fishing"....wow, I was wrong. Thats not to say that you can't ask "whats the best soft stickbait?"...there are different brands that may have their advantages and disadvantages, but theres no "magic fish catcher thingie." I just believe that people new into fishing should be doing more reading than posting and should be fishing more than reading.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-06, 10:54 AM   #30
Snake2715
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Another possibility is this. I am 27 and have been fishing probably since I was 5. Reality is that I didn't take it too serious then, obviously. My grandfather pretty much lived on a lake his whole life and always took me fishing... Then I turned 16 and didn't fish much for a few years... I started getting back into it about 3-4 years ago with a buddy who never did it.

Now my grandfather passed in late 04 due to lung cancer at age of 62 (young family). The combination of losing him and my eager buddy has pretty much made me eager to get out more and fish. However I didn't used to target any particular species it was all about a tight line before (and to some extent still is for me).

When I am unsure of a solution I will answer with an open ended question. So for instance I come across a lot of posts regarding "this bait hasn't worked for me", or "how do I catch fish on this type of rig" etc.

I always try to answer those questions with an obvious but overlooked question. How is your line rigged? Are you using swivels etc. I personally feel that this gets a more detailed bit of info and potential problem, so if I don't know the answer maybe it will help another person answer their question.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.