Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-11, 11:27 PM   #26
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I purposely didn't comment on this thread until today.
Last night was a very emotional night for me. I spent some time sitting outside with a glass of scotch and a cigar.
The cigar tasted terrible but that is probably because I have had it since March of 2002. Last night I opened my Marine Corps box and found it buried beneath uniforms that no longer fit me.
Over the years, I bet thousands of these cigars were given out in anticipation of this event. Sadly, many of them were never smoked and were often buried with my friends, my bothers. With each sip and drag of the cigar, I could see thier faces. I did spend some time flipping chanels and looking at various news outlets. It was great to see that for that night, there was no left, no right, no political parties, just American's rejoicing. As I expected, today brings the country back to the division of party and sides. I have followed the facebook postings of who did and did not do something about this.
I can tell you this, I personally don't give a F^&$ who gets the credit. What I care about is that while reflecting on my friends, I could for one moment tell myself that they did not die in vain.
Old 05-02-11, 11:40 PM   #27
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
Last night was a very emotional night for me. I spent some time sitting outside with a glass of scotch and a cigar.
The cigar tasted terrible but that is probably because I have had it since March of 2002. Last night I opened my Marine Corps box and found it buried beneath uniforms that no longer fit me.
Over the years, I bet thousands of these cigars were given out in anticipation of this event. Sadly, many of them were never smoked and were often buried with my friends, my bothers. With each sip and drag of the cigar, I could see thier faces. I did spend some time flipping chanels and looking at various news outlets. It was great to see that for that night, there was no left, no right, no political parties, just American's rejoicing. As I expected, today brings the country back to the division of party and sides. I have followed the facebook postings of who did and did not do something about this.
I can tell you this, I personally don't give a F^&$ who gets the credit. What I care about is that while reflecting on my friends, I could for one moment tell myself that they did not die in vain.
Amen Cass. I imagine it was very much bitter sweet for you. I salute you and all that have served. Thank you.
Old 05-03-11, 01:15 AM   #28
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Tom I can't begin to imagine the emotions that you are feeling buddy. I have been staring at the computer screen for about 5 minutes now and I still don't know what to say about your post. I am sure that was the best tasting nasty cigar you have ever smoked, and rightfully so. There was nothing vain about the sacrifice your friends made. While I personally believe that a lot of the credit was not given to the appropriate people, I also will readily admit that your perspective is not only one that I value but also one that I didn't really consider until now. Bin Laden is dead and that is the nuts and bolts of the situation, I would like to buy the first round for Seal Team Six.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 01:16 AM   #29
Ebbetsguy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Thanks for your service, this was the best response of this thread.
Ebbetsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 01:30 AM   #30
cassidyta

Just so that everyone understands, my post was in no means a reaction to any other post in this thread. I want to say that Kory called me to see if he owed me an appology or explaination. As I told him on the phone, my post just happened to come after his. It was something on my mind throughout the day and I wanted to write down the words.
Old 05-03-11, 02:58 AM   #31
1/4 stick

Quote:
Just so that everyone understands, my post was in no means a reaction to any other post in this thread. I want to say that Kory called me to see if he owed me an appology or explaination. As I told him on the phone, my post just happened to come after his. It was something on my mind throughout the day and I wanted to write down the words.
I just thought you were sharing you thoughts and a little of how you felt after hearing the news. Never took it as anything else. The perspective of someone who has been in the military and experianced things many of us haven't is always needed.
Old 05-03-11, 10:49 AM   #32
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Tom, that's an incredibly personal and moving statement. You, your brothers, your sisters, and all of your ancestors have paid a lot for us average Americans over the past 200+ years...a lot of time, a lot of effort, a lot of blood, sweat, and tears. We all owe you and them our lives and our way of life. It makes me proud to know you, even though I've never met you.
Semper Fi, Marine.
I'd write more, but a stray breeze must've blown some dust in my eye...
Old 05-03-11, 05:54 PM   #33
bamabassman

<<if allowed, i salute you tom. and i thank oyu for your service as well as oyur fellow comrades in arms. i can understand how much this means to you and the others in our armed forces. HOOORAAAA MARINE!!!!

and i too can't see the keyboard too good right now. and it is hard to look up with oyur head bowed in prayers of thanks.
Old 05-03-11, 06:43 PM   #34
coachpurdy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Politics stop at the water.
Thanks goes out to all the men and women who have served and sacrfriced so much in the war on terror.
coachpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 06:53 PM   #35
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

That's great Cass. Congrats on finally getting to light that cigar.
Old 05-09-11, 09:17 AM   #36
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

I glad the bast*rd is dead. From what I have read, Obama didn't want this to happen. He resisted almost to the point of a military coup. This is the way this man rolls. Then he has the nerve to take credit for the operation...
linky..http://thejaghunter.wordpress.com/20...-intelligence/
Old 05-09-11, 09:25 AM   #37
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintom View Post
I glad the bast*rd is dead. From what I have read, Obama didn't want this to happen. He resisted almost to the point of a military coup. This is the way this man rolls. Then he has the nerve to take credit for the operation...
Really?, I wondered how long it would take before it went somewhere completely off the wall. He is not my favorite man, but please don't go around believing everything you hear on the internet.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 09:42 AM   #38
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintom View Post
Whatever man...I about as right as one can be but this is bull****.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.