Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-06, 01:32 PM   #26
Bass Ackwards
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Not so keen on the GMC (Chevy)product, one brother in-law has no problems with any of his and the other has nothing but trouble. The difference that I can see is one does more HWY driving the other city, guess which has more problems? While the initial price on Chevy is nice the cost of owner ship is a little much.

I think I'll look into the Nissan as I can pickup a used one at a better price than a Toyota, does anyone know why they drop in value quicker?
Bass Ackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 02:35 PM   #27
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

One thing to watch for on the mid 90s GMs with the 4.3L V6 is that the head gasket material is not compatable with the coolant that they used. My father-in-law just found this out the hard way, after asking aruond it is a very common problem and he had to buy a new engine. I hear that they are trying to get a recall done since so many trucks have this problem, his is an S10.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-06, 01:51 PM   #28
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

Nissans Seem To Be Holding Their Value Well. Not As Good As Toyota But Still Pretty Well.
Old 03-09-06, 07:30 PM   #29
454ss

new truck thats 4x4,high HP,Great Gas Mileage........definitely the new 06 tundra with the trd 4x4 package.

But i would never own anything besides chevy, i wont even ride in my friends new mustang.....i got it bad lol
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-06, 08:07 PM   #30
lovinfishin9

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

lol i like chevys too but i still ride in our mustang just cause its a convertible.
Old 03-16-06, 01:44 AM   #31
fishin_dude

I drive A Ford 150 4.6L V8, and I love it!
Old 03-28-06, 07:31 AM   #32
FishinBrotha
BassFishin.Com Member

Nissan trucks are great, Nissan makes a great motor and automobile and will last you.

I'm looking to get a truck here very soon, but I'm more into the old trucks. I don't want to put bark dust in the back of my new nissan titan or throw all kinds of crap in the back of my new f-150, a truck to me is something that can pull what I want and I can throw whatever I want in the back and not have to worry. I'm looking at 1970-77 or 78 ford f-100 thru f-250. I love the body style, a very reliable truck with lots of power but crap gas mileage. I would like one with a 300 in it but it's looking like I'll be picking one up with a 390 I believe.
FishinBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-06, 12:12 PM   #33
Skeeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinBrotha
Nissan trucks are great, Nissan makes a great motor and automobile and will last you.

I'm looking to get a truck here very soon, but I'm more into the old trucks. I don't want to put bark dust in the back of my new nissan titan or throw all kinds of crap in the back of my new f-150, a truck to me is something that can pull what I want and I can throw whatever I want in the back and not have to worry. I'm looking at 1970-77 or 78 ford f-100 thru f-250. I love the body style, a very reliable truck with lots of power but crap gas mileage. I would like one with a 300 in it but it's looking like I'll be picking one up with a 390 I believe.
They invented this little thing called a spray-in bedliner, no more worries.

Skeeter
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.