Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-11, 03:06 PM   #26
M_A_C_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I was loojing at a daiwa strikeforce for $65... all the reviews say that the reel is like night and day for the rest of the combos the same price... and sorry the thread is so long i just figured i'd get everyones opinion... When i buy somthing like this i make a list and weigh the pros and cons.
M_A_C_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 11:42 AM   #27
BigBurlyBass

I got my citica on ebay for 90
BigBurlyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 02:03 PM   #28
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

MACK - What are you looking to do with the new rod/reel combo? That's my first question. General fishing or all around rod or are you going to be specific and only throw spinnerbaits (as an example). Give us a little more info and I'm sure we can give some ideas. Maybe even narrow things down to you and make it easy for you to check some things out.
Then again.....hopefully we don't confuse you any more.
Old 03-25-11, 03:15 PM   #29
dave0943

I bought a Prodigy reel and a Fish eagle 11 rod from Cablela's last year for 109.00 on sale. The prodigy is a excellent reel and performs great. I have become a big fan of Cabela's Fish Eagle rods. They retail for 80.00 but perform on par with my Mojo rods. I'd say they are up there with 125.00 rods. Check them out. I think the same combo is 119.00 this year but they have upgraded the Prodigy. They have a aluminum frame.10 BB. Mine casts a mile without effort. I also put a few PQ's on these rods. The only way this would be in your price range is in the combo.
Dave

Last edited by dave0943; 03-25-11 at 03:22 PM.
dave0943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 08:38 PM   #30
M_A_C_K

Well I still plan on useing my spinning reels for finesse... but i think i want a fast retrieve rate for my crankbaits on a baitcaster and flipping jigs... i do fish spinnerbaits sometimes but i guess you could say im more of a jig and crankbait and plastics fisherman... i was looking at the daiwa Megaforce cuz it has a fast retrieve rate and i heard great things.
M_A_C_K is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.