Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-08, 01:44 PM   #26
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

well spoken words eric
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 02:22 PM   #27
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Alittle smack in the mouth won't hurt anybody. Thatz what this kid needz!!!
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 12:09 PM   #28
rodman rat
BassFishin.Com Active Member

BEAT THAT A$$ and worry about love and respect after they grow up and get a clue!! I have a 17 and 18 year old (girls) I love them very much and they know that, but both will tell you not to cross mom she will beat you down!!
rodman rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 01:22 AM   #29
flfireman

My son said Oh Sh$t at his pre K class the other day. The teacher told me this and I about fell over. Besides being embarassed- my son goes to a christian based school. I try to be extremely careful w/ my language, my two little ones will try to do or say anything daddy does. I did not spank him though. At 4 years old and 2 hours after the fact he wouldn't even know why I spanked him. Other than that, I have a paddle on the microwave, part of the punishment is them getting the paddle and putting it back after it's used. They usually cry more walking to the microwave to get it.
Old 03-08-08, 09:08 AM   #30
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman rat View Post
BEAT THAT A$$ and worry about love and respect after they grow up and get a clue!! I have a 17 and 18 year old (girls) I love them very much and they know that, but both will tell you not to cross mom she will beat you down!!
Rat! You jest mite be blood kin to my "Dear Ole' departed Mom". When I wuz a youngun there wuz a huge weeping willow in our back yard. She not only wore my azz out from cutting switches from that tree, but, by the time I was a teenager there wuz nothing but a stump where that tree once stood. She was a strong believer "if you spare the tree you spoil the child". I miss Her, God rest her Soul.
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 09:43 AM   #31
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman rat View Post

I'm sure you love your kids, but in today's world, I couldn't imagine have two teenage girls - and I don't even have kids!

-Lunk-
Old 03-11-08, 11:52 AM   #32
flbassman

I got whuppped fairly often growing up, and I (so far) turned out fine......I got my last solid whoopin when I was about 15, and since then, there's been no need for anymore....I got the belt, peach switches, the belt buckle, a stake one time(that sucked lemme tell ya) and whatever else was in reach. I think it's neccesary......Spare the rod, spoil the child.....

Btw- Did anybody else ever get lightly popped by their mom, laugh about it, and then either get wailed on by her or have to wait till Dad got home? That was a valuable lesson......
Old 03-13-08, 09:24 PM   #33
bamabassman

yes, me and my brother did. see mom would whip him first, then he would laugh at her, then it was my turn. and BOY WAS SHE MAD THEN. i got the mom beating. and after it was over, she would say.." when your dad gets home you're gonna get another whipping". and we did. dad did what mom said. but we did deserve the whippings. ahhh, the good ol days, hahaha. and if we were at the gocery and acted like fools, we got whipped there, at home and again when pop got home. so yes i believe in whuppings.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-08, 11:01 PM   #34
WTL

I remember the first time I got in trouble for bad language. It was like 3rd grade. My older brother the presvious day had told some stupid joke that had the S word in it, so I went to school and told it at lunch. Instead of laughing all the kids were little *****es and went "oooohhhhh I'm telling" and snitched. When I went to the principals office I pleaded ignorance of all cuss words, I told her to me it was just another word and I had no idea it was taboo since nobody was allowed to say them.

****ing ***** of a principal still gave me detention.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.