Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-12, 08:35 AM   #26
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

He's still having problems. A few days after the LASER treatment, we were out fishing in the kayaks and he had another small artery burst in the retina. Not too much more they can do, and I haven't heard of any additional arteries in the eye bursting, hopefully that was one little guy they missed with the LASER. It has affected the sight in that eye, he's considering a patch, if he goes that route I'll be getting him a tri-corner hat, Jolly Roger flag and maybe a parrot. He does have to get new glasses, he can't see for crap anyway as he VERY nearsighted. Back to the patch, seems he can see better with the one "good" eye because the bad one seems to adversely affect the vision of the better eye when he tries to focus using both. If he starts with the patch you'll know because I'll be referring to him as "The ONE EYED monster". Yeah, he's a dick........... And remember Doc, should you read this - If I don't pick on ya, if I don't like ya. That goes for you too 'bama.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 11:28 AM   #27
danfaust
BassFishin.Com Member

Unhappy Doc Irv

I'm very sorry to hear about Doc. I assume this also means that the Tuesday Night Tournaments are not going to happen this year at Marsh Creek.
danfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 05:29 PM   #28
aikenyounggun

I hope he gets better soon. There are still many more custom plastics out ther ego be poured. And I hear from everyone he is dang good at it.

The patch would be awesome in some way. Great fashion accessory, good luck though Doc.
Old 06-19-12, 06:53 PM   #29
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ONE-EYED WILLIE DOC!! i like it!

for real doc, i truly hope oyu get healed up buddy. cuz you and me gonna whup us up some BOOGIEMANARSE ok? hahahaha!!!
Old 06-19-12, 07:19 PM   #30
bassboogieman

Quote:
I'm very sorry to hear about Doc. I assume this also means that the Tuesday Night Tournaments are not going to happen this year at Marsh Creek
NOT TO WORRY. We started tonight. Slow start, only 17 boats but not everyone knows they are back on track. We are hoping to grow the number of boats in the comming weeks. We are paying top three boats with 4th earning 2 -$25 gift certificates from French Creek Outfitters, places 5 & 6 get a couple bags of Doc's great plastic baits. 100% payout for lunker (it's not optional this year, we rolled it right into the entry fee - $50.00 per boat with a 75% payout and the entry includes $10/boat going in the Lunker Pot.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 07:05 PM   #31
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
He's still having problems. A few days after the LASER treatment, we were out fishing in the kayaks and he had another small artery burst in the retina. Not too much more they can do, and I haven't heard of any additional arteries in the eye bursting, hopefully that was one little guy they missed with the LASER. It has affected the sight in that eye, he's considering a patch, if he goes that route I'll be getting him a tri-corner hat, Jolly Roger flag and maybe a parrot. He does have to get new glasses, he can't see for crap anyway as he VERY nearsighted. Back to the patch, seems he can see better with the one "good" eye because the bad one seems to adversely affect the vision of the better eye when he tries to focus using both. If he starts with the patch you'll know because I'll be referring to him as "The ONE EYED monster". Yeah, he's a dick........... And remember Doc, should you read this - If I don't pick on ya, if I don't like ya. That goes for you too 'bama.

I must say, this was one enjoyable read!
On a more somber note, sorry to hear about your toubles, Doc, and sending prayers your way.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.