Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 09-03-07, 11:33 PM   #926
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Very well Otto, I shall allow you to post in my thread. lol

02, Uf will stay strong until Bowden retires. Urban also will need to hang around, although its my guess that he probably will. The other thing you need to be wary of is Fulmer retiring at UT and the possibility that they hire a good coach like Schiano. That could pose a threat. Spurrier is a slight threat as well, but he will age and I just kinda find it hard to see uSC become very powerful.

Last edited by WTL; 09-03-07 at 11:51 PM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-07, 11:49 PM   #927
bassfisher02
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

This FSU Clemson game actually got close. FSU came back and got within 6 points, but Clemson held them off beating them 24-18.

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

GO GATORSSSS
Old 09-03-07, 11:52 PM   #928
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

Dang.. Tough week for the almighty SEC .
otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 12:05 AM   #929
WTL

Uhhhhh, otto, in reference to what? Florida State is an ACC (atlantic coast conference) team.

I hope you knew that.
Old 09-04-07, 12:21 AM   #930
bassfisher02

As well as Clemson... no SEC ties there.
Old 09-04-07, 07:29 PM   #931
JB

Talking

vick hurtin dogs,
pacman jones getting 25,000 for spray painting wrasslers back on tna
whats next? barney and andy in the NFL?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-07, 09:59 PM   #932
flfireman

There goes the neighborhood, JB found the football thread. How about the big blue- Go Wolverines!! Man what a shocker.
Old 09-08-07, 08:13 PM   #933
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

Go Ducks!
Old 09-08-07, 08:19 PM   #934
otto
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Uhhhhh, otto, in reference to what? Florida State is an ACC (atlantic coast conference) team.

I hope you knew that.
That's the problem with all the southern east-coast teams (especially in Fla.). Too many conferences playing pushover teams to pad their ratings.
Old 09-09-07, 03:05 PM   #935
bassfisher02

Sure ACC does play a load of easy teams, reminds me of the PAC10.

With that being said, Michigan lost again this week... no shocker there, for me anyways Michigan is about as good as FSU these days. Speaking of which, FSU did manage the win, but did succeed to go down 17-3 at one point against the University of Alabama-Birmingham, yeah I dont know who that is either. The final there was 34-24.

University of South Florida pulls the upset AT Auburn in overtime... despite having an ATROCIOUS kicker, that missed 5 million field goal attempts.

Florida beats Troy 59-31 this week, I attended the game, and the first half was amazing to say the least. Throughout the entire game the crowd was as loud as ever, I actually had a slight ear ache after the game. Gators got full of themselves in the second half with a 49-7 lead, so Troy did indeed score 3 more touchdowns and a field goal, outscoring the Gators 24-10 in the second half. 10 points were scored while our defense was almost entire composed of 2nd stringers... After which we got our starters back in yet still had some issues. we finally got our heads back in the game in the 4th and shut down Troy with a good drive ending with a TD. I think the second half slumop was a good thing, it will let the Gators keep everything in sight and stop with the ego-trip. Tenn. will be ready to play next week, but this little second half issue will deffinitely help us out this week in practice. The attitude will be focused and we will come out to play Saturday.
Old 09-09-07, 03:39 PM   #936
WTL

At this point I'm impressed by Oklahoma, but they have a tendency to look unstoppable at some point of the season and still end up getting beat so we will see what happens.

Lloyd Carr has the dreaded Dubose-Shula syndrome. But there is a cure. Its called getting fired. Good thing Michigan doesnt play a team coached by Sly Croom.

Notre Dame....Charlie Weiss needs to go on a friggin diet and find a quarterback.

Auburn...is back to being auburn. Woe Eaugul!

South Carolina is now in the drivers seat to be ranked #2 in the east. They are an inferior team to the Gators. If they win the east, it will be due to one Superior advantage that they have on the sideline.

LSU destroyed my first week prediction that Vatech would expose them. So if youve read this far in my post already then you may have wasted your time.

My Beloved Tide won against an ok vandy team yesterday despite having issues with execution. But if John Parker Wilson continues to fail to execute, Saban might just execute JPW.
Old 09-09-07, 03:57 PM   #937
bassfisher02

Think Lloyd Carr will be fired? I'd think so, but who knows? I mean if he loses next week he is gone, but I dont know if they will pull the plug just yet. Notre Dam and Michigan is going to be an interesting game to say the least. Lots at stake for both coaches there.

VaTech has no QB. LSU picked them apart, but I still dont see LSU being THAT good.

S.Carolina is a tough team, but as you said Spurrier is the only way they will beat UF.

LSUs O will pick apart UFs D if corrections arent made between now and that game. I'll be able to tell a lot more next weekend when Florida plays a real team. That will show how we truly look.
Old 09-15-07, 07:30 PM   #938
bassfisher02

Well Florida has proven themselves once again, Tennessee isnt that good, but still not a bad team. The final was 59-20 Florida. Urban must be taking notes from Spurrier because the game was well said and done 2 touchdowns before. Tebow stayed in longer than I'd like, but good news our number 2 QB Newman I believe it is ran someone straight over, looking a lot like a young Tebow, and also had a rushing TD. Over all I didnt see too many negatives. Still have too many penalties hurting ourselves. Also our defense needs to work on a pass rush. Other than that, everything looked pretty good.

Michigan beats Notre Dame 31-0 I believe, no shocker there.

Andddd this Texas UCF game is getting interesting, Texas is up 11 with 1:06 left, you'd think it was all over but UCF just recovered a fumble and is driving inside the 20. either way we are talking about unranked UCF hanging in right there with 6 Texas.
Old 09-15-07, 10:33 PM   #939
flfireman

Gators looked good. Kept the starters in too long and again it hurt us. More players injured. We got 4 conference games ina row, can't afford major injuries. Especially the secondary, it's young now, back ups are still surprised they made the team. By the way..............UCF, HOLY CRAP!!!!!! I was expecting a blowout. The golden knights made one hell of a good showing today. Good job on their part.
Old 09-15-07, 10:43 PM   #940
bassfisher02

Very true, I hope that knee injury wasnt too serious with Finch. It looked pretty nasty but hopefully it wasnt too bad. I couldnt believe Meyer had Tebow in as long as he did, much less running him! i thought that was ridiculous and was just waiting till someone took Tebow out low and got him hurt. Meyer would sure question his own antics then...

I was around UCF over the summer and saw the stadium just as it was being finished, looked very nice. My sister goes there and was at the game today. Everyone was stoked even though they lost. Scoring 32 points on Texas was a great feat in its own. Keeping it as close as they did sure made a statement. I look for UCF to become an actual contender in the proceeding years.
Old 09-16-07, 01:00 AM   #941
WTL

Texas has been a little shaky all year.

UT is really shaky, but UF is also that good.

Darren McFadden is the greatest running back I have ever seen in my life, and he is the Heisman winner. There can be no other, barring injury this year. With 9 minutes left in the game, I didnt think there was a way we could possibly win. Our D was like one that had been through 4 or 5 OTs it was so gassed. Nick Saban earned all 4 million tonight for winning that game with perfect clock management.
Old 09-21-07, 08:56 PM   #942
WTL

Well guys Im gonna be on TV tomorow.

I'll be the guy behind the ESPN gameday set wearing crimson and hurling obscene remarks at Lee Corso.
Old 09-21-07, 09:05 PM   #943
bassfisher02

Like that narrows it down...

Haha
Old 09-21-07, 09:05 PM   #944
flfireman

Ill be looking for the campus police with tazers drawn....Oh wait that's at uf. Gators start a tough run this week. I believe they have 4 or 5 conference games in a row. Should be a good test for them.
Old 09-21-07, 09:08 PM   #945
bassfisher02

Ole Miss??? C'mon Fireman we dont start a tough run just yet. As long as we play like we did last weekend theres no question in my mind whose winning this one.

Anyone hear about FSU's player issues? Seems some of the big FSU D got in a little scruffle at a bar and a linebacker got tasered. Hahaha stupid noles.
Old 09-21-07, 09:10 PM   #946
flfireman

Gators have not won in the state of Miss. in a long time, I believe it was 1994 or 2004. I never count out a small team at home.
Old 09-21-07, 09:17 PM   #947
bassfisher02

If we play like last week a small team at home makes no difference. If we dont play like last week well than thats a different story.
Old 09-21-07, 09:44 PM   #948
WTL

The thing about playing in oxford is they have that synthetic turf that nobody else except nebraska plays on, and depending on the job done by the equipment manager I have seen teams show up wearing cleats that were not really what they needed. Just a little info most dont know.

Just met Hershal Walker, btw.
Old 09-22-07, 10:59 PM   #949
bassfisher02

Well, the Gators played like crap today. We still need major improvement on defense. I say this every week and if its not fixed by the time we play LSU we are in big trouble. Yet our offense and specifically Tebow still pulled through and we won 30-24. With Tebow having a career record day with 166 rushing yards, with something around 500 total yards for the day. Ole Miss played very good against us and it was definitely a good game throughout. Now we need to get ready for Auburn and get it done next weekend.

LSU dominates South Carolina today, I think the final was something like 28-16. A very tricky fake feild goal was one of the many highlights of that game.

Georgia and Alabama are playing as we speak. The score 20-13 Georgia at Alabama with somewhere around 6 minutes left in the game I believe. Alabama just got down to the 5 yard line and had to settle for a feild goal, so who knows how this game will go. I'm sure WTL is biting his nails right now.

UCF won today, beat Memphis 59-20.
Old 09-22-07, 11:14 PM   #950
bassfisher02

Oh boy... with the game tied 20-20 Georgia is about to attempt a 48 yard feild goal to win with 3 seconds left. Here we go................... ITS NO GOOOD!!!! OT it is.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.