Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-09, 07:32 PM   #1
dbltap
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Any Opinions on a 98 Stratos 201 Pro Elite?

I'm currently looking at a 1998 Stratos 201 Pro Elite w/Evinrude 200 20'. Anyone ever own one or fish from one long enough to have a lasting impression? Price isn't the issue right now. I want to know if the rig is a reliable well made unit.

Thanks
dbltap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 07:44 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

one of the best boat designs i have ever seen in bass boats..it is one of the #1 selling bass boats of all time..handles rough water with ease.. fishes better than nearly any boat made..

200 rudes are great moters mid and top end are great.however hole shot tends to bog with a 3 blade prop i would definatly go with a 4 blade renegade 25p. i know a guy with this set up the 4 blade 25p lost him only 1 mph gps..we are talking a top speed of 72 gps..

zooker
Old 02-02-09, 09:01 PM   #3
bamabassman

zooker ain't this also the same design as my 97 cajun?

i have a 97 cajun, with a 200 johnson venom. runs likea scalded DAWG! got it up to 71 with just ME and my gear in it.and i have a 3 blade regular ol prop on mine. don't ask me the pitch, i ain't no motor head,lmao.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 10:02 PM   #4
zooker

actually the cajun,stratos,sprint boats went head to head back in the day..the cajun is a bout 200 pounds heavier hull weight the sprint 300 pounds fatter.

the johnny venom and rude intruder were/are the same moter..belive it is a 3.0L block..the lower unit-depending on year- is where most of the differance is..johnson's havin a slightly differant gearing.that is if it is stock original.

bama the stock renegade 4 blade got him out of the hole much better. he was really having a hard time planing out with full livewells.-runnin a 26p 3blade-

zooker

Last edited by zooker; 02-02-09 at 10:12 PM.
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 10:43 PM   #5
ho_shi
BassFishin.Com Member

i myself am lookin at a 94ish stratos 201

I fish from one in the back seat and just love this boat. The one I am lookin at is a dual console They are one sweet ride!!!
ho_shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 01:39 PM   #6
strat201
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm prob to late to comment on this but i own a 1999 201PE and love it, it has a 2006 225 EtecHO and I run 75 all day alone with a tourney load. The ride in rough water is amazingly stable and it fishes just as good I'm 6'1" 280 and the consoles have plenty of leg room for my frame. I hope this helps.
strat201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 10:19 PM   #7
Tennessee
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Well

I have a 1994 Stratos 285 XL PRO with a 150 Johnson and I love my boat Top speed me and my gear 65 mph I have a 4 blade prop

Just thought i would add to the

STRATOS ROCKS POST

What about Javelins I thought they were combined..If not they sure do share the same hull design
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.