Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-11, 12:42 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default It's early but I am getting excited

Britney and I are still in the early planning stages of our vacation for next year but if all goes well we are in line for the trip of a life time. A few of you might remember a while back on facebook Brit was talking about us going on vacation next year and how she wanted to lay on a beach and I wanted to fish. Well I threw an idea out there and by golly it stuck. We still have a few details to work out and it's a long ways off but it looks like it's going to be a go and next summer we will be taking our talents to south beach (you basketball fans probably caught that joke lol) and go peacock bass fishing. Well actually we will be going with some friends of ours who want to go as well so the girls can lay out on the beach and do what girls do while me and one of my tournament partners hire a guide and go peacock bass fishing for a few days, then spend the rest of our trip hanging with the girls. Peacock bass fishing is one of the things on my bucket list as it is most anglers bucket list. I know it's not the Amazon and the peacocks in Florida don't get as big but still it will be a blast, and the Amazon is a trip that Britney and I want to take later on anyways and this should be a trip that we will never forget. Now we are just trying to check around to make sure we get the best deal we can on flights, hotels (has to be nice and has to have a beach), and a rental. The rental car should be the biggest struggle because they are trying to cram economy cars down your throat and like I said one of my tournament partners and his girlfriend are going and I am trying to talk another tournament partner and his wife into going so there could be as many as 6 of us, with luggage and all we will need at least a full sized suv and a truck would be nice. All those things are just minor details though and right now I am just enjoying the fact that it looks like I will get to go peacock bass fishing.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 01:35 PM   #2
nofearengineer

That sounds awesome, Kory.

So much win.
Old 08-19-11, 01:58 PM   #3
Bassboss

Sounds like you guys are be have a blast! Don't forget salt water either. Go to Walmart one day and get a cheap spinning combo and some jigs and grubs (gulp, or just the cheap spade tail ones, 1/2 or so). Go to a pier or even off the beach and start fishing em like a jerkbait on steroids (fish the water column). You're bound to hook into some jack. One of the hardest fighting fish out there.
Old 08-19-11, 04:10 PM   #4
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

South Beach... Fun times!! I went there one year for spring break when I was in college. Sounds like you guys will need a cargo van to haul all the girls clothes around.... Anyway, it sounds like a great trip in the planning!
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 09:06 PM   #5
bamabassman

<<<IS JELOUS AS ALL GET OUT KORY!!!

but ya'll take PLENTY OF PICTURES for us here ok? glad ya'll are planning htis trip, it should be a BLAST FOR YA'LL. keep us updated now ok?
Old 08-19-11, 09:17 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
<<<IS JELOUS AS ALL GET OUT KORY!!!

but ya'll take PLENTY OF PICTURES for us here ok? glad ya'll are planning htis trip, it should be a BLAST FOR YA'LL. keep us updated now ok?
You know I will John.
Old 08-19-11, 09:20 PM   #7
bamabassman

great kory. will look forward to seeing them. by the way.........you'll be heading over THIS way..............nevermind.......you'd have to take a left turn and you ain't got the time i know. but i was thinking of ya'll. lisa and i would LOVE for ya'll to come by for a bit one day.
Old 08-19-11, 09:47 PM   #8
keithdog

THATS going to be a blast!!! I'd love to tie into some peacock bass! I can't wait to see your pics and hear your stories. I hear those fish can really work over a lure big time. Your going to have a blast I'm sure. Hangin out on South Beach sounds pretty darn good to me too!!!
Old 08-20-11, 02:13 AM   #9
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
great kory. will look forward to seeing them. by the way.........you'll be heading over THIS way..............nevermind.......you'd have to take a left turn and you ain't got the time i know. but i was thinking of ya'll. lisa and i would LOVE for ya'll to come by for a bit one day.
We would love to swing by and give you guys a hard time for a while but I am betting I would have a hard time talking the pilot into making a detour. We do need to get down there though and rattle your cage for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
THATS going to be a blast!!! I'd love to tie into some peacock bass! I can't wait to see your pics and hear your stories. I hear those fish can really work over a lure big time. Your going to have a blast I'm sure. Hangin out on South Beach sounds pretty darn good to me too!!!
The working a bait over is one thing that I have been thinking about Keith. There is a town about 30 miles north of me that I grew up in and there is a guy there by the name of Jim Rogers. Jim was a B.A.S.S. pro many years ago and is also a pretty dang good lure designer. I talked to a guy down at Shreveport La. a few years back that said he and some buddies went peacock bass fishing every year and they would stock up on a certain topwater bait that Jim made because it was the only bait they have found that could hold up to peacock bass . The peacocks in Florida aren't nearly as big as the Amazon peacocks but I am thinking of taking a few of Jims baits with me just in case.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.