Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-06, 09:00 PM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, the heat is still on just about everywhere. Mercy! I don’t think we will ever get rain. Our lake is down to 3’8”low. We need the rain El Paso had to get the lake back full. We have gone over two years with the lake not being full. This year maybe the year we see the lake go down the lowest it has been since it filled up.
The fishing has been slow to great. One day the Carolina Rig is the best friend you can have in your hands and the next day they wont hardly touch it. I have started the mornings with Lake Fork Tackle Twitch worms fished wacky with a 2/0 open hook with a small weight in the head. I am fishing the bait just fast enough to keep it out of the grass but slow enough to get bit. I am using 15 pound test line on my wacky rig. The top water bite has been slow for me and I have not really pushed it. I am working the grass and timber with the wacky worm till the sun gets up and then I am working points, humps and roadbeds with the Carolina Rigs. The Lake Fork Tackle Baby Ring fry and Baby Creature have been the best baits. I have used the Wave Shadick on my Rig some days and this got me a few better fish. The numbers were no there but the size was better.
The water is in the upper 80’s to low 90’s. The wind has been my friend in helping to keep cool but has hindered fishing some deep spots. The crappie are at 8 to 15 foot down in 25 to 30 foot of water. Small jigs and minnows still bring a good mess of keepers. At least under the bridges that you can fish, it is cooler. There are some reports that there is plenty of fish to get a limit if you work at it.
Mornings have been good till about 11:30AM and then it is time to look for the shade.
The full moon is next week and this maybe a good time to get out at night if this is your thing.
If you want to book a morning trip give me a call. I will fish all day if you wish.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088
jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-06, 09:30 PM   #2
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

quick question jim....was that anyone from your family involved with the world smallmouth record?
i seem to remember seeing a jim reaneau being mentioned...or was that george perry's fish?
and thanks for your informative posts

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.