Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-12, 10:50 PM   #1
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default boys, i may have found heaven-VERY long winded

well got a chance to boat it up today. well thought we was at end of lake, then found a small entrace into a cove Go past it and you enter in to another well about 10 foot wide cove and it has over hangs, then to your right, it has some stump with vegitation growing around them. keep ging and there is 3 small islands, we went in and out and around 2 of them, the first one takes it to a cove that you can tell is deep water with trees clouding most of sunlight and trees hanging over dipping water, (scared of snake in summer, lol) then out to main bend again, one side of the bend has hagiing trees, with an entance only about a foot, to another pond looking thing, looks like the entrance closes when the water is down. keep going and on other side is some old docks from old trailers (abandoned) SWEAR TO GOD.. i heard deliverance music.
so around the long beautiful bend a old damn type thing with a water fall, damn is about 20 feet high, kinda spooky, black water. near damn nice rocks pocking out...

so still with me, is this a bass haven, had no rods except ultralite for bait and we caught a few saurcer size gills today,also with trees covering up most sun light could you topwater anf buzzbait all day.. one last thing.. i promise.. i know you cant tell me what good baits are for this area , they may change on any given day, but what would you bring if you could take 4 rods. thank you, it was most amziing and odd expericance ever on lake

Last edited by wallywallace; 01-16-12 at 10:55 PM.
wallywallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 10:58 PM   #2
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You hereby required to submit the lat/lon #'s for this location poste-haste.....after I recieve and evaluate these coordinates I will advise you how to proceed.
Old 01-16-12, 11:05 PM   #3
wallywallace

lol man, i couldn't beleive my eyes, it took me a bit to say, wait there is fish, this is water, i was stunnd by this, it looked so peacful, wonder how many people visit it. buddy has a chitty, boat, i doubt 10 grand and up bass boats would risk it, compared to his ole crestliner
Old 01-16-12, 11:08 PM   #4
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywallace View Post
lol man, i couldn't beleive my eyes, it took me a bit to say, wait there is fish, this is water, i was stunnd by this, it looked so peacful, wonder how many people visit it. buddy has a chitty, boat, i doubt 10 grand and up bass boats would risk it, compared to his ole crestliner
Dude quit stalling ...I know we're neighbors I expect those lat/lon # right away
Old 01-16-12, 11:23 PM   #5
wallywallace

lol man, i dont even think he has a fish finder or anything better in his boat, lol we are talking like 12 ft boat with a johnson 30 or 40 nor sure, i wouldn't even no how to give it without a machine, waitin till he wants to fish it for bass, he is hardcore cat man
Old 01-16-12, 11:23 PM   #6
aikenyounggun

1 rod, all you need, 6'6 mh. Take a rattle trap and Texas rig, go at it. Don't carry all that stuff back there, enjoy your time. And I'm sure there are fish. Water=fish.
Old 01-16-12, 11:26 PM   #7
wallywallace

thanx, i gotta have a buzzbait or somthing top water, its my fav
Old 01-17-12, 01:03 AM   #8
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
1 rod, all you need, 6'6 mh. Take a rattle trap and Texas rig, go at it. Don't carry all that stuff back there, enjoy your time. And I'm sure there are fish. Water=fish.
Wally I hope you know I'm just joking, I don't want those #'s. But you don't need electronics to get them either, the best and most fun and most informative and interesting way is Google Earth. Just go to the G.E. site ( you might have to register or something first {free} I've had it on my desktop so long now I forgot) find the place you were on the map and wherever your curser is the lat/lon #'s will be displayed at the bottom of the page. Lot's of fun, you can look all around for other tucked away spots like this, where little creeks and other watershed features feed you spot etc. Also if you look at the top left of the map you'll see a time-line that you can slide back and forth---usually as far back as 1994. Chances are that at some time during that timeline your spot would have been photographed during a drought! Now you can see the humps/drops/ditches/channels/rocks/trees/.......that you can print out and study. I've got good electronics on my boat but it has really helped me get a clearer understanding of the lake contours I fish. Try it
Old 01-17-12, 01:19 AM   #9
ETXbassassassin
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Wally I hope you know I'm just joking, I don't want those #'s. But you don't need electronics to get them either, the best and most fun and most informative and interesting way is Google Earth. Just go to the G.E. site ( you might have to register or something first {free} I've had it on my desktop so long now I forgot) find the place you were on the map and wherever your curser is the lat/lon #'s will be displayed at the bottom of the page. Lot's of fun, you can look all around for other tucked away spots like this, where little creeks and other watershed features feed you spot etc. Also if you look at the top left of the map you'll see a time-line that you can slide back and forth---usually as far back as 1994. Chances are that at some time during that timeline your spot would have been photographed during a drought! Now you can see the humps/drops/ditches/channels/rocks/trees/.......that you can print out and study. I've got good electronics on my boat but it has really helped me get a clearer understanding of the lake contours I fish. Try it
Thanks Kenneth, I use GE on occasion and never knew about the sliding timeline.
Old 01-17-12, 11:24 AM   #10
wallywallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post

you just blew my $$$$$$$ mind man, i did not kow somthing like tha existed, i knew google earth for land , but never though of that, thanks, will when i get time
Old 01-17-12, 11:03 PM   #11
aikenyounggun

Yeah, thanks kenneth, I knew about google earth but not the timeline thing. Gonna have to check that out.

And a buzzbait works perfect on the 6'6.
Old 01-17-12, 11:07 PM   #12
wallywallace

yea i wasn't thinking now, guess buzz will have to wait till summer, though in bassin mag the say buzzbaits can be killer in winter as well, i cant wait to go back, i am gonna use google earth to figure out how to ge to it by land as well, if bud dont wanna go back any time soon
Old 01-17-12, 11:42 PM   #13
lilmule

Default Naw

You dont have to wait 60 deg f nights and 40 degree days have weird stuff going this year taken yesterday,lilly pads,yellow floating heart and pond weed.If its green in the water bass will bust top next to it even with ice around it.

Ps caught no bass but two yellow perch as that is all thats in this pond next to my home,,all the plants came from ky lake,origionally. 75x30 x4(center) with a shovel took 5 years am slower nowdays,and limited to enlarging only in dry season.

Last edited by lilmule; 01-17-12 at 11:52 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-12, 11:43 PM   #14
bassinbob

I found a spot like that sort of last year. Killed the bass on a buzz bait. I really don't think it's to secret though. Just no one fishng there when I was. Tons of grass covered the entrance to this protected spot but couldn't fish it due to high winds. I'd try just about anything back there wally. Shallow cranks, plastic swimbaits, sweet beavers to name a few.
Old 01-19-12, 09:36 PM   #15
wallywallace

k thanx yall, just need to get to it, it has been on my mind
Old 01-19-12, 09:37 PM   #16
wallywallace

hey ken i dont know how the hell i have been living without google earth, gonna help me in more way in one... you da man
Old 01-20-12, 12:37 AM   #17
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywallace View Post
hey ken i dont know how the hell i have been living without google earth, gonna help me in more way in one... you da man
Well yes wally it's just one of those things where you thought you were living, you thought you had everything together, you thought you had your finger on the pulse of all things techy and fishy, but alas...you were just living a lie, living but not really alive, all your hippest peeps were talking about you behind your back.."look at wally yall so sad he don't even know about google earth". Seriously if you really want a taste of whats currently the hippest of the hip check Kevins Geospatial Advantage video and do an internet search of Bathymetry. Knowledge is power
Old 01-20-12, 09:11 AM   #18
wallywallace

lol thanx, heck even got an app of it on my ipdo now
Old 01-21-12, 11:59 AM   #19
bluebasser86

Sounds like some of the strip pits south of here. They just go forever and when you think they're about to stop you find a little hole in the trees and find a whole nother lake. Only one way to find out if there is bass in it or not!
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 04:35 PM   #20
screwballl

I love getting my 14 ft jon boat in areas like that. Found a freshwater inlet creek after half hour travel with my little trolling motor across a saltwater bayou. The creek was strong enough rapids that saltwater didn't have a chance to back up too far in. I got about 1/8 mile in and caught all sorts of bass, pike, and even a few salt to freshwater capable species.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.