Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-06, 11:23 AM   #1
Wishing2BFishing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Valentine's Gift

To maintain my sanity between football season and spring, I have been doing my pre-season prep work including cleaning an lubing my reels, getting my licenses, and organizing my tackle.

While organizinig my tackle, I realized that one tackle bag is no longer going to cut it. Somehow, I purchased so many snacks for the bait monkey that things really started to add up.

My solution . . . I got an additional tackle bag. My wife ordered it from G. Loomis and gave it to me for Valentine's Day It is really sweet and matches my other G Loomis bag. Now, I have one bag for hardbaits (my new bag) and another bag for plastics, spinnerbaits/buzzbaits, jigs, raingear, SPF lotion, and flashlights.

On 4/08 and 4/09, I will go to New Jersey and fish for trout in the morning (opening day) and then fish for bass in the afternoon and following day. Can't wait to grab my new tackle out of my organized bags!

Anyway, I was so excited about my new bag, that I thought I would share it with you guys.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 02:27 PM   #2
Wishing2BFishing

I guess this post wasn't very exciting . . .
Old 03-08-06, 02:28 PM   #3
Wishing2BFishing

Since no one responded to this thread, I am responding to myself:

Hey Wishing, seems you got a great gift. G. Loomis tackle bags are really cool and very durable. You can't go wrong with that choice. . .
Old 03-08-06, 02:44 PM   #4
striker23
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to striker23

hey wishing, i often have that problem too. how to maintain sanity in between football season and till the weather is good enough to fish. This year i found a solution. NFL Network combined with lots of feeding the bait monkey, and other fishing shopping. Also, i love your nickname "wishing2bfishing" that describes my thouhts pretty much all day in school. Even more specifically, wishing to be fishing in mt. pleasant, SC.
striker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 03:01 PM   #5
Wishing2BFishing

Striker, thanks for responding to my boring post.

A few years ago, I decided to get my gear together, licenses purchased, and rods ready prior to the spring. Now that I have a kid and work all the time, this pre-season ritual is that much more important. It helps me seize the small windows of time during the good weather so I can fish rather than waste time getting stuff packed and ready.

This year, I am thinking about purchasing a duffle bag for my weekend trips. I intend to use it for fishing only and will have my clothes pre-packed and ready to go.
Old 03-08-06, 03:24 PM   #6
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default congrat's

Hey wishing,
Congrats on the new fishing bag.I understand your excited,new gear,you will be even more organized.I got a new PBS extreme tackle bag and I'm really pumped and new baits...I understand aand so does everyone else.I'm gonna order a new baitcaster tonight from PBS.Have a good day. Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 04:04 PM   #7
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Dang man give us some time to got off work LOL. Congrats on the bag, heck my boat aint big enough for all my gear LOL.

Lizards
Old 03-08-06, 04:05 PM   #8
Wishing2BFishing

Denny K, thanks for sharing my excitement. How do you like the BPS Extreme Bags? I have some BPS tackle binders that I keep some of my soft plastics in. I am pretty happy with them.

Is your bag the green one with the sunglasses holder or the yellow one? I think the sunglasses holder is a cool idea.
Old 03-08-06, 06:26 PM   #9
senko
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker23
NFL Network combined with lots of feeding the bait monkey.
whats the bait monkey???i feel like a noob...
Old 03-08-06, 07:06 PM   #10
Wishing2BFishing

Senko, I didn't come up with the term "bait monkey" but based the threads that I have read on this site, this is my marginal understanding:

Bait Monkey: an analogy of sorts, refers to the incessant persuasiveness of both the conscious and subconsious mind wherein an individual is encouraged to purchase quantities of fishing gear, whether small or large, via one transaction or a series of transactions to satisfy a person's insatiable lust to acquire additional fishing items including but not limited lures, rods, reels, and terminal tackle.

I hope this adequately addresses your question. Perhaps the veterans will have something to add to my definition.
Old 03-08-06, 10:04 PM   #11
bass kicker

i got the plano bill dance tackle bag and i like it might need a nother

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.