Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-07, 11:43 PM   #1
Big Mac
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Lakes are really low now

I have just read that some of the midwest lakes and power supply areas are falling to record levels. This is bad, but, If you guys and gals take your cameras and photo all of your bottom areas where you have been getting bites or just are courious. You might find some surprises, and be able to map them! Now is when using GPS or triangling from permanent shore objects will come in handy for next years tourneys. Take your bottom contour maps , a permanent marker pen, your camera, and have fun this weekend.

......mac
Big Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-07, 09:21 AM   #2
leroy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to leroy

And above all be careful!!!
leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-07, 04:03 PM   #3
bassbooger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I can relate with you on the low lake levels. We are in a drought condition here and the main lake I fish out of is down almost 7 feet. There is grass growing in places that I have never seen grass grow. Along with this, there are 6 ramps closed and the local power company is ready to close even more if the water gets any lower.
Old 09-05-07, 08:05 PM   #4
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

tell me about it... every year they drain the nicest reservoir, with the biggest bass in it around here to EXTREMELY LOW!!! What is usually a 30-35 ft. deep reservoir, is now one big flat all the way across... (approx. only 2-4 feet deep..) And you know a lake is low when you see people in the middle of the lake (Wading) and throwing topwater frogs and buzzbaits.. getting at least a 10 - 12 inch bass every cast...

Ryan
Old 09-07-07, 10:31 PM   #5
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

A nice reservior around me is way way low. you have to walk about 20ft down the side of the reservior on a 60degree angle to get to the water's edge, the water is probably over 12' below normal, from the water marks on the rocks that make the shore, until a recent bout of rain, my pond was almost 2' below normal.

bb144
Old 09-08-07, 06:17 PM   #6
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

bigbassin144, which res. are you referring to? The Bellevue Res. 4 Sounds just about like that...

Ryan

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.