Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-13, 10:33 AM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default Smoking Ribs!

I got a smoker for Christmas this year, and got around to assembling it last weekend. I don't have class on Thursday, so it was a the perfect day to try it out. I put some baby backs in the fridge to thaw Tuesday evening, and seasoned them up Thursday morning.

Everyone in my family likes the crunchy membrane on the bottom the ribs after they cook, so I left them on. I just took a sharp knife and cut slits between each bone to let the fat drip out and the smoke to penetrate the meat. I used some pecan wood for these that my uncle in Texas sent me.

About 3 hours into the cooking time at ~255*

After another hour and a half or so, I took them out, sauced them up and threw them on the grill.

This was my first time smoking anything in a real smoker, so I think they turned out great. The thin ends of the racks were a bit dry; I think I should've added more water to the water pan towards the end.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.