Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-11, 03:26 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Anyone use P-Line Halo?

Anyone here use this line? Would you considerate more a limp, and manageable, line with a fair amount of stretch (like invizX). Or is a stiffer, lower stretch, more abrasion resistant line (like AbrazX)? I'd like to use this line for jigs and worms around thick cover, but not sure if it's suited for it.

Thanks again guys!
Old 12-28-11, 07:54 PM   #2
keithdog

I'm probably going to get smack for this, but I hate Halo. I spooled it up once and after just one outting I cut it off and never used it again. I didn't like the memory, it didn't cast nearly as smoothly as other lines I'd used. I had more trouble with backlash issues, and it broke twice the first time out. Once while fighting a fish, the other just snapped in mid cast. I love PLINE Flouroclear for jig and worm fishing.
Old 12-28-11, 08:21 PM   #3
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
I'm probably going to get smack for this, but I hate Halo. I spooled it up once and after just one outting I cut it off and never used it again. I didn't like the memory, it didn't cast nearly as smoothly as other lines I'd used. I had more trouble with backlash issues, and it broke twice the first time out. Once while fighting a fish, the other just snapped in mid cast. I love PLINE Flouroclear for jig and worm fishing.
hmm.. interesting Keith. Any other forum I asked this people seem to be fond of it.

How long ago did you use it? I think they may have made some issues with this line somewhere along to the road.
Old 12-28-11, 08:36 PM   #4
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
I'm probably going to get smack for this, but I hate Halo..
Dang Keith........HATE?...........HATE? How about.. not fond of..unhappy with..dissapointed in..let down by..i threw it on the ground..makes me sick..disgusts me..just saying the word Halo makes me throw up in my mouth..Halo can go straight to dog he!!..inferiour product..embarrassment to Pline..should be DC'd immediately..a good gift to someone you don't like..sucks donkey...............
Old 12-28-11, 09:05 PM   #5
coldbasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I love the stuff but only as a leeder on braid line 6' to 8' works great and a spool lasts forever
Old 12-28-11, 09:26 PM   #6
Jrob78

Halo is a 100% fluorocarbon line, it's definitely going to be way less user friendly than a copoly like Fluoroclear. I've heard nothing but good things about it, if I decide to use fluorocarbon again, it would be one on my list to try.
Old 12-28-11, 11:54 PM   #7
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
hmm.. interesting Keith. Any other forum I asked this people seem to be fond of it.

How long ago did you use it? I think they may have made some issues with this line somewhere along to the road.
I think it's been about 3 years since I used Halo. I do like Kenneths description of my feelings for the line though. hahaha
Old 12-28-11, 11:59 PM   #8
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
Halo is a 100% fluorocarbon line, it's definitely going to be way less user friendly than a copoly like Fluoroclear. I've heard nothing but good things about it, if I decide to use fluorocarbon again, it would be one on my list to try.
Your right Jrob about it being 100% flourocarbon and as such I don't mean to compare it to Flouroclear. They are two seperate types of line. But, the thing I like about Flouroclear is that it has the managability of a copoly but has the flourocarbon coating, a blend of both worlds. What got me was the two breakoffs with the Halo. I was expecting a tougher line because it was 100% flourocarbon. Maybe I got a bad spool. I don't know. But the experience soured me.
Old 12-29-11, 12:00 AM   #9
Bassboss

Quote:
I think it's been about 3 years since I used Halo. I do like Kenneths description of my feelings for the line though. hahaha
Hate is an awful strong word after all.... lol
Old 12-29-11, 12:08 AM   #10
WatterBoy

It's funny how we all develop our own taste in line. I tried P-Line Fluoroclear for the first time last year and am "not fond of" it at all. I'll stick to my InvisX instead.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-11, 12:58 AM   #11
Jrob78

Quote:
Your right Jrob about it being 100% flourocarbon and as such I don't mean to compare it to Flouroclear. They are two seperate types of line. But, the thing I like about Flouroclear is that it has the managability of a copoly but has the flourocarbon coating, a blend of both worlds. What got me was the two breakoffs with the Halo. I was expecting a tougher line because it was 100% flourocarbon. Maybe I got a bad spool. I don't know. But the experience soured me.
I'm with you Keith. I have pretty much sworn off fluorocarbon, I've had nothing but bad experiences with it. It just seems so fragile to me. I am a very careful knot tier but I run my reels loose and do backlash from time to time. I've had far too many kinks and break offs. I too am a big fan of Fluoroclear, CX, Voltage and CXX, Pline makes some really good copolys.
Old 12-30-11, 09:57 AM   #12
Bender

I used to use it and liked it pretty well. I quit using it when they raised the price to $23 for a spool. I didn't have any problems with InvizX so I use that instead since it's ~$5 cheaper.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.