Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-09, 06:30 PM   #1
striper15
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Kevins Videos

Hey Guys -

I'm brand new to the forum and look forward both learning from and contributing to the info here. I'm having a problem viewing Kevin's videos. My computer is only a year old, has Windows Vista and is updated on all of the latest software. This is the first time I've had this problem viewing on-line videos. The videos will start playing and then just freeze, never downloading any further. Anything I can do to stop this?? Thanks for your help!

Eric
striper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 07:01 PM   #2
Kevin
Administrator

Hi Eric,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some difficulty viewing the videos. When you click play, do you see any video play or hear any audio? If you indeed see some video play before it freezes, then we can rest assured that you have the proper 'Adobe Flash Player' version to watch our videos.

If I understand your circumstances correctly, the video plays for a little and then suddenly freezes.

After it freezes, do any of the buttons on the video player (start, stop, volume slider, etc) work? Or are the buttons frozen as well?

I haven't heard of this problem of it freezing during play. Most of the time it either works for someone or doesn't because they need updated Flash Player.

Lastly, what browser are you using? Let's see if we can get this fixed for you.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 08:00 PM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Does it freeze while the video is buffering, I know it takes quite a while for them to buffer (the HD ones) for me.

BB
Old 08-20-09, 09:27 AM   #4
striper15
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey Guys –

Thanks for the replies. I can choose a video and start to play it. It will play and sound for a minute or so and then stop. It did this last night watching Kevin’s jig video. When it froze after the first 2 minutes, I hit pause (the keys still work). The light blue line (buffering) continued letting me know that the video was still downloading. I got another 2 inches of light blue line and then that froze. I got as far as where Kevin was demonstrating the flipping technique on the boat dock and no further the rest of the night. And it seemed forever to get that far.

The videos are very informative and it’s killing me not being able to watch them =) I don’t experience this with any other video streaming (i.e.YouTube)

The browsers that I use are either Windows Internet or Advant Browser ( http://www.avantbrowser.com/ )

Thanks for the help!!

Eric

p.s. – BB, I love your signature; how true that is!!
Old 08-21-09, 04:52 PM   #5
Kevin
Administrator

Hey Eric,

The good news is that the videos are working, to the extent that they do play.. albeit not in their entirety.

I guess the next question to ask would be what kind of internet connection do you have? If it's anything less than broadband, our videos will take forever to download.

Also, since the blue progress bar is stalling before completion, I think it may have something to do with your browser's cache limit. Some people have their cache limits set very low, to like 100mb. Try increasing it to 500mb or more.

Also, it could very well be your ISP putting the brakes on any files they deem to be "too large" to download at full speed. A lot of ISP's can get suspicious when they see a 500mb file being downloaded and will give you that initial boost for the first 20%, but slow your download to a crawl for anything beyond that, to ensure open pipes for everyone else so to speak.

I'm confident it is not our servers, as we're under capacity and have a monstrous uplink.

If you can't get it working, give us a call. We'll troubleshoot it further.

Kevin
(410) 451-1830
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-09, 06:01 PM   #6
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by striper15 View Post
Hey Guys –

Thanks for the replies. I can choose a video and start to play it. It will play and sound for a minute or so and then stop. It did this last night watching Kevin’s jig video. When it froze after the first 2 minutes, I hit pause (the keys still work). The light blue line (buffering) continued letting me know that the video was still downloading. I got another 2 inches of light blue line and then that froze. I got as far as where Kevin was demonstrating the flipping technique on the boat dock and no further the rest of the night. And it seemed forever to get that far.

The videos are very informative and it’s killing me not being able to watch them =) I don’t experience this with any other video streaming (i.e.YouTube)

The browsers that I use are either Windows Internet or Advant Browser ( http://www.avantbrowser.com/ )

Thanks for the help!!

Eric

p.s. – BB, I love your signature; how true that is!!
I would switch to Foxfire for your browser man you'll never go back to windows internet again

Jim
Old 08-22-09, 05:04 PM   #7
striper15
BassFishin.Com Member

Kevin -

Thanks for the tips. I do have Broadband, so that's good. I looked all around but couldn't find anywhere that I could adjuust my cache size. Can you walk me through that; I would like to give this a try. Thanks!!

Eric

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.