Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-06, 06:18 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default I got one for ya...cRIG

Lets see who has enough experience to answer this one, guides included..
for example, its any where from may-aug. you are in a tournament on a lake thats new to you, you have no lake map, and the day is 2/3rds over, and NO bites..out of desperation, you and your partner try carolina rigging.
Heres the question
How far out do you postion the boat, what structure are you hoping to find?
Do you throw towards the bank, or parallel to the bank, but deep..or do you throw out towards the middle of the lake and work it back.

Any takers ?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 06:33 PM   #2
dampeoples
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

I'd run for a point, troll around it, watching the graph, looking for structure or fish.
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 06:56 PM   #3
zooker

nope bad idea..

creek channels,under water humps, rockpiles.. when throwing a c-rig this is struture i look for. baits inculde trick worms,ribbon tail worms,lizards,french fry, and the casey fav the hula grub..

the lure depends on what i have had working before on this body of water.

i never use any heavier weight than 1/2 oz.

i like to sit back a long ways and work the sleeper rig throughly in an area. if i am getting brim type taps a pnj is going in the same area.-caught 90% of my pnj fish doing this-

zooker
Old 11-08-06, 06:59 PM   #4
dampeoples

But you've never been here before, and apparently you have to c-rig, unless I can throw his plan out of the water, and go crank. All these stinkin' rules
Old 11-08-06, 07:03 PM   #5
zooker

simple look for danger markers these cans show the location of the best humps and rock piles in the lake. creek channels are harder to find but not too diffacult. your in a creek look for a steep drop with your depthfinder this is your creek channel..

zooker
Old 11-08-06, 07:34 PM   #6
PowerBass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Tie on a dropshot, i hate c rig, go out mid lake, work off shore humps, dropoffs, and points, weededges etc etc.
Old 11-08-06, 09:13 PM   #7
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Lets see who has enough experience to answer this one, guides included..
for example, its any where from may-aug. you are in a tournament on a lake thats new to you, you have no lake map, and the day is 2/3rds over, and NO bites..out of desperation, you and your partner try carolina rigging.
Heres the question
How far out do you postion the boat, what structure are you hoping to find?
Do you throw towards the bank, or parallel to the bank, but deep..or do you throw out towards the middle of the lake and work it back.

Any takers ?
What have you been throwing all day without bites, and where? If I'm not getting fish along the shoreline, then I look for deeper structure. Including bridge pilings, humps, channels, dropoffs, weedbeds. But if I aint got a bite in 2/3rd's of the day, then I must be in the back seat with no control of where and how I'm fishing LOL. I would have slowed way down based on the time of year you mentioned, and I would definately be throwing a 4" worm(Pulse) on the c-rig.

Lizards
Old 11-09-06, 01:40 PM   #8
Wishing2BFishing

I don't fish tourneys but her is my 2 cent (maybe only 1 cent) opinion:

Answer: I would fish parallel to the bank (not too shallow and not to deep) and try to find the sweet spot where there is a ledge of some type.

Reason: Because the tourney is 2/3 over and I haven't caught a fish, I need to maximize my coverage area. Since I am limited to a c-rig which cannot be worked too fast like a crank, I will cast parallel to the bank. That way, I can cover some serious area and perhaps get lucky finding some type of ledge or cover just far enough from the bank where the bass aren't spooked. If I don't catch anything, I will continue to cast paralell to bank but position the boat a little closer to the land. Perhaps I will catch a nice hawg that is moving into the banks for some evening vittles.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-06, 07:14 PM   #9
Wishing2BFishing

JB, you have not posted the answer to your query. I am interested to hear the correct tactic(s) given the factual scenario that you provided.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-06, 07:30 PM   #10
dampeoples

There is no correct tactic
Old 11-10-06, 07:31 PM   #11
JB

wishing, most of the replies are the correct answer, all you can do is fan cast and determine what area produces, once that is discovered you stick to the same pattern of location and depth.
on a side note, you never have to fish as fast as you can just because you''re in a tourney, many a bass has been overlook due to running down the bank to fast.
I usually try to determine what time of year and the migration/feeding habits are when Crigging, then work for channels, or better yet a curving point that is near a channel..fish are there all the time, plus even if you don't have a lake map, you can experiment with the Crig on most points.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-06, 08:07 PM   #12
Rodman_Rob

I'd look for steep drop offs and slowly pull the c-rig towards me allowing it to fall into deeper water. Hopping a c-rig off a drop off can be deadly. Its always produced best for me in deeper water.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.