Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-09, 01:46 AM   #1
weezymagic
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to weezymagic
Default another question on jigs

searched around a bit and couldnt find the answers...
so im goin on a float trip soon and i hear that jigs are decent lures to use for the smallmouths in the river. so heres my questions being very unfimiliar with using jigs...

1. trailers? i hear both yes and no. i always use a trailer on my spinners for a bit of extra action but id like to be prepared instead of wrong off the bat.

2. what is a good jig setup? (mostly clear water with slow current) im thinkin 3/16oz or 1/8oz jig (color being white or chartruse) with a matching small curly tail trailer on fluoro 20#. ill prolly buy 3 jigs with trailers this week if i get some tips on what to buy.

3. Retrieve...i heard that in lakes/ponds, toss it out, let it sink, maybe get a hit, stop and go / jerk retrieve, maybe get a hit, repeat. what is my best options for a slow moving river? id assume toss it up stream parallel to breaks, cover, drop offs, etc.

thanks for all the help in advance

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.