Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-06, 07:25 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Ken Whiting Airrus Rods

I just got off the phone with Ken from Airrus Rods. This man helped me out alot on fishing rod knowledge. I am going to order his new Pulsar rod when it first comes available in mid to late Janurary. Anyway he asked me to pass this EMail on so other people will know more about blanks and Modulus counts , I am sure some of you know all this , but I know some of us dont..

Clint,
I am going to give you two web site addresses of two articles written
on rod
blanks. One of these articles was written by a good friend of mine,
Gary
Loomis
and the other by a gentleman I do not know. I would like you to read
these
articles and then send me your phone # and let's talk. Here are the two
addresses:
GRAPHITE RODS by GARY LOOMIS
http://flw.flwoutdoors.com/article.cfm?id=141123 and the other is
MODULUS
and MARKETING by ANDY
DEAR, a custom rod builder
http://www.rodbuilding.org/read.php?2,156787
Best Regards,
Ken
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-06, 07:38 PM   #2
weaverml34
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I talked to Ken today myself. I ordered a 7'9" Co-Matrix flipping stick from them. He was really nice on the phone.
weaverml34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-06, 08:03 PM   #3
CMorg

I totally agree , very nice man , went way out of his way to help me with all kinds of questions... I will definately buy that new rod from him , one because I think it will be a great rod , and two he was very helpfull.
Old 11-28-06, 08:55 PM   #4
weaverml34
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Great articles but I'm not sure if I've been enlightened or even more confused. If IM6, IM7, IM8, and modulous numbers are poor indicators of the quality of a fishing rod how do you know where to start. I guess that's why there are forums like this. A place where you can ask questions and give opinions. This week I was looking for a new flipping stick. I had it narrowed down to a Fenwick HMG, Falcon LowRider, and an Airrus Co-Matrix. I've never fished any of them but heard good things about all of them. I knew they are all good rods because of the positive feedback I had heard about all of them. I finally decided to buy the Airrus Co-Matrix because after reading a lot of message boards and reviews I hadn't heard anything bad said about them. Not that anybody really ripped Fenwick or Falcon. That could be a by product from the fact that Airrus simply hasn't sold the number of units that Falcon or Fenwick have. I know you can't please everybody but in the end I couldn't get away from the fact that nobody really had anything negative to say about their Airrus rod.
weaverml34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-06, 10:11 PM   #5
CMorg

I have always thought they need some sort of standard for rating rod sensitivity. An outside company needs to come up with a system for measuring sensitivity from a non-biased standpoint...
Old 11-28-06, 10:25 PM   #6
skeeter944

yeah,this rod sensativity thing has gotten alot of people really confused!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-06, 12:29 AM   #7
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

I stand corrected, in an earlier post, I guessed the guys name was Don, but it was Ken who I ordered my AiRRUS rods from, and yes, I found him to be quite professional and genuine on the phone. I agree with Skeeter on the sensitivity issue, it's a factor but not one to get hung up on, all decent rod blanks will provide you with ample degree of sensitivity, but it's the overall action and performance that really matters. But back to Ken, he's a real gentleman and I would do business with him anytime. I aim to check out this new Pulsar myself now....thanks for the heads up CMorg.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-06, 08:58 AM   #8
1FASTLASER

Ah Airrus rods gaining popularity every day. I knew this would happen the first time I fished them which by the way is when they one the ICAST show in '02 and where named Sirrus. I never have looked back and everytime I replace a rod it is a AIRRUS product. As the old saying goes if you value your life dont mess with my AIRRUS.
Old 12-06-06, 06:23 PM   #9
dampeoples
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

I've got a few Sirrus' myself, and don't see my self buying any other brand than Airrus, they really are nice rods, worth more then they charge for them for sure, and as long as you don't lose them, you have a rod for life. Beat that!
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.