Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-11, 03:48 PM   #1
toppwatr
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Question Whats wrong with me?

There is a lake if fish at, a nice sized 1500 acre lake full of 3 plus pound bass and many many larger ones. I know theyre in there because i see people catch them and i have caught and seen a few. But i can never seem to consistently catch 3 plus pound bass out of this lake, where for other guys a couple 3s is a bad day. For instance i was there yesterday fishing a frog in the pads and something kills it and typically i rip the bait free from the fish too soon and it pops up to the surface. A guy goes past me in his boat. He's tossing a fluke. I hear, "Oh its a big one!", as he yells to the guy with him to get the net. He pulls a four right from where i missed the fish. Typical, and yes i know i should have thrown something else in there after it missed the frog, but the hookset left me with a backlash that took 5 min to undo and i figured it was gone by then. Any way, my biggest bass this year there is ab out 4.5, which isnt really that big at all considering what is in there...(8.5 is the biggest ihave seen there). But my question is, why cant i seem to break the 2.5 pound mark. All summer the biggest i got out of this "Great" lake was a 2 pound 12 ounc fish. I went out nice and early this morning. A guy passes me telling me he just landed a 5.5 pounder, which i did see him land from a distance. A fluke was what he was throwing, of which i had none in the boat, typical. Left em at home. Anyway i ended up with 6 bass biggest around 1.5 maybe. I am fishing weeds, inside, outside, in, and deep weededges, although probably wrong with the deep ones. Anyway i tossed a 5 inch senko all day, a 3.5 inch hollow belly, a spinnerbait for a while, a jig for a few casts and a couple with the frog. Am i using the wrong baits? am i fishing the wrong kind of stuff? I honestly dont understand why people can yank fish out of a spot i just thoroughly worked over a few minutes ago. I mean is a white fluke really that different from a watermelon pearl senko? Any advice? Oh and by the way, i know there are fish in the spots i am in, that is where i know and see people get fish out of so its not like i am fishing totally wrong spots. I hope....

thanks and sorry about the long description.
toppwatr is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.