Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-06, 05:42 AM   #1
abarker
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to abarker
Question Kicktails

Has anyone used them kicktails? I was reading an article in a magazine on them the other day and had actually thought about maybe getting some. Buddy of mine is thinking the same thing. Well actually we thought about going in together and buying some since they are a little bit on the high side. But has anyone used any of them?

Auk
abarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 07:57 AM   #2
PowerBass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I beleive them to be a gimmick, you want to spend that much mone just buy Lucky Craft Lures
Old 01-22-06, 08:21 AM   #3
va_basser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to va_basser Send a message via Yahoo to va_basser

don't waste your time or money..I believe I speak for the masses when I say steer far from lures sold in magazines and infomercials.You've come to a good place to ask questions and find info.Take some tome to search this site and you'll find this and other questions asked and answered.
If I were you,and looking for baits like that to buy,I'd go with a name like Rapala.If you have the money to spend,I think Lucky Craft makes a similiar lure of MUCH better quality.Those can be pricey though.Check here
http://www.bassproshops.com and see if there's something here.There's one in HAmpton,but I don't know how far you are from there..
Good Luck!
Old 01-22-06, 08:32 AM   #4
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Got a kicktail from a friend for a birthday present one time and they work but don't last too long. They got a really fragile composition. If they were to make it strong they might be alright.
Old 01-22-06, 12:24 PM   #5
Kickin Bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Kickin Bass

Well, I'm one of those that actually bought a couple in different configurations.

The action is nice in the water. They swim like real fish. But like someone has already said here - the materials used in making them are less than desired.

I have never caught anything on them yet. This spring I will attempt to give them a workout again.
Kickin Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 01:01 PM   #6
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I've got to echo everybody else-any "as seen on tv" lure where you have to buy a kit rather than a single bait is probably not worth it. I'd spend your money on a bait you know is a good bait.
Old 01-23-06, 12:49 AM   #7
abarker
BassFishin.Com Member

Ok now I wont worry about getting them. I did however look into the Luck Lures. I might be getting a couple of them.

va_basser...I am from down in southwest va. The closet pro shop has just opened recently in seveirville tn. I plan to go down there in a few weeks. its only a 1 1/2 dr. but I think it will be well worth my trip.

I would also like to say to everyone that I appreciate everyones feed back on the threads I have started. This forum is a very informative one with good people on it. thanks once again.
abarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-06, 01:22 AM   #8
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

how far are you hampton, they have a bass pro there, i just went there yesterday.
Old 01-23-06, 01:34 AM   #9
abarker
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinfishin9
how far are you hampton, they have a bass pro there, i just went there yesterday.
other side of the state
Old 01-23-06, 02:17 AM   #10
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

oh, only reason i was there was for bassmaster university. i had to tkae advantage of being there and the 15% discount i had.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.