Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-10, 05:02 PM   #1
DaveW731
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Booyah Boogie vs. Chatterbait

Caught really good quality fish on my Chatterbaits, till I managed to lose both of them this past weekend. Definately will be replacing them, but was wondering if anyone has experience and opinions, comparing Booyah's version to the original. Thanks!
DaveW731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-10, 09:59 PM   #2
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I've fished with guys who use them. They do ok with them. The blade is a little smaller so it probably runs a little deeper than the Chatterbait. I like the original and a knock off called Kaotic Potomac Punisher. I modify mine with a custom skirt and trailer. The price of the original has dropped to $3.99 at the BPS at Richmond.
Old 10-13-10, 10:55 PM   #3
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I've used both and did ok with both. Seems like I get more hits on the origianal Chatterbait, but I catch bass on both.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10, 09:25 AM   #4
Cavs1123

Dont forget the Strike King Pure Poison too!
Old 10-14-10, 04:20 PM   #5
BrownHL
BassFishin.Com Member

Booyah Boogie Bait wins and as far as I am concerned are superior in quality. Better build with a quality hook. I bought two Chatter Baits at Gander and took them back when I saw how dull the hooks were. One was actually blunt on the point. I emailed them and explained what I found and of course, she offered to send me free baits. When I declined and told her I was only interested in them improving their quality and not freebies, she couldn't believe it and thanked me.
BrownHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10, 05:00 PM   #6
bassboogieman

Of the two I prefer the original chatterbait. I don't like the "leverage" style cable on the booyah. I've always upgraded the skirts to a custom one I like, but now I'm making my own and they do just fine. I get exactly the look & color I want, something not always available in an off the shelf bait.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10, 05:55 PM   #7
3dkicker

Haven't seen the Strike King yet. We've got a couple guys in the club who are into making their own. One has done real well with his craw colored bait. Haven't seen it yet but if he wins another tournament on the river I may have to break into his tackle box and steal myself one.....or two .
Old 10-14-10, 06:21 PM   #8
lilmule

Only the smaller sizes seem to work for me,and the booyah is best in the lil 1/8,catches white bass as well as black.1/4 does ok in the chatterbait in the fall.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10, 07:44 PM   #9
Marty

I've used both and couldn't notice a difference in the number of hits they attract. The Booyah is much better built with better components.

However, like bassboogieman, I don't like the leverage style hook. One weekend a few years ago I lost a load of fish on the Booyah. Rightly or wrongly, I attributed it to the leverage. Doesn't matter whether I was right or wrong, I lost all confidence in them and since then I have used Gambler Swim Blades.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.