Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-09, 02:17 AM   #1
gizzardshad
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Website Videos

Would love to see a video of using electronics, specifically lowrance, as detailed as the other videos on this site. I think one of the things most anglers struggle with starting out is understanding and interpreting the symbols and functions of their electronics.

I'm in the same boat. For instance, I hear of guys dropping their drop-shot rig beside the boat, watching it on their sonar, watching the fish come up and grab it. I have no idea what they are talking about and I purchased one of the highest end sonar units available!

It's a work in progress. I've learned a lot and it's definitely an invaluable tool! I cannot imagine fishing 10 minutes without it! Also, talk about a boost of confidence for fishing deep water..
gizzardshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 02:48 AM   #2
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I prefer not to see the 10 pounder that hits my lure on the top of the water on my electronics. Course the only electronics I use are my cell phone to call all my buddies and rub it in, along with my camera so I have proof and can rub it in a week later, lol, what are friends for.
Old 01-15-09, 10:53 AM   #3
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizzardshad View Post
Would love to see a video of using electronics, specifically lowrance, as detailed as the other videos on this site. I think one of the things most anglers struggle with starting out is understanding and interpreting the symbols and functions of their electronics.

I'm in the same boat. For instance, I hear of guys dropping their drop-shot rig beside the boat, watching it on their sonar, watching the fish come up and grab it. I have no idea what they are talking about and I purchased one of the highest end sonar units available!

It's a work in progress. I've learned a lot and it's definitely an invaluable tool! I cannot imagine fishing 10 minutes without it! Also, talk about a boost of confidence for fishing deep water..
I completely agree. A instructional video on the proper use and care of a dephfinder would be what many of us could use. I've been using one for years, and I still struggle at times with proper settings for the current conditions I'm fishing.
Old 01-16-09, 03:16 PM   #4
Tall
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I third the Lowarence. I have a 522 I gps and I did learn a little from a pro at a BFLW tourny before weigh in but I did not write them down and for got a few setting tips. The most important was what to set the bottom on to show up the most. The other good one was how to set it to show a brush top which I forgot. Pretty neat how she had the demo set up of a brush top that she had just placed in a lake and how to see it. I know they have a site to go to but as good as Kevin was on how to use the map stuff I bet he could put a good video together for a lowrance too.
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.