Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-05, 08:12 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default art of fishing the unknown

fishing a known place -point, river channel,rock pile,weeds is one thing. but tomarrow i am fishing a lake with the tri county club. that was voted on in december as a no prefishing lake. hence we have not had the chance to fish it yet..

i have my game plan in place i got a decent draw i am feelin quite lucky even if i have never fished this body of water before. actually i am quite pumped about fishing it. i know from vast experince that the water more than likly will be clear. and son i like them clear. this lake is known for it's smallies and spots -also has largemouth's -i planned accordingly. bait section is nautral colors and nothing bigger than 6". finesse is my thing..as at this time several members of the club float through this board -bassnman 30 ,bassenforcer,ect..-i will not reveal my baits till tomarrow evening when i return..also give a full report as to how "simalak" used a "cane pole" and beat my butt soundly...lol

zooker
Old 08-26-05, 09:06 PM   #2
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Sounds fun man Best of luck to ya!! Bring home the goodies
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-05, 07:13 PM   #3
zooker

lol i had a good time after a really bad start alarm rung at 2:30am i went back to sleep till 3:30am suposed to meet my partner at 4 am i made a 30 mile trip in 20 mintues-flying low oh yeah!!-got to the launch a single holer that was very diffacult to get into. as we were second out but the slowest boat. we went about our business. in the currant flow every lay down /flood trash pile/nasty mess we came to got worked hard and throughly not once but twice. my partner drew a good fish out of cover with a weightless senko in white and pepper. i lost a short fish off a paca craw. the bites were light to almost nothing. but when they bit they swallowed the bait. my partner hung a good large mouth off a laydown/trash pile. his first of the year. i rigged up a 4" dead ringer-green pumkin and got a single hit on it all day.i had a weightless pumkin senko rigged and worked it like it owed me money. i was rigging a french fry-watermelon seed - on my carolina rig. i had one on but came off. it was not my day.. then my partner catches a short largemouth on a carolina rig usein a lizard -blue moccisun- which was gut hooked. and after a day of continued butt spanking. he catches a spotted bass in the 2 pound range of course as was the day he also had it deep. but i never heard of a spot being caught on a carolina rig..we ran out of the river into the breeze and caught nothing the rest of the day..

at weighin i was in line loading boats for that. not once but twice. we came in second. bassenforcer really is on fire and #1 in points...hey bassman what happened?? and old simolack came up short -could not tell a largemouth from a spot-

zooker
Old 08-27-05, 07:20 PM   #4
Rebbasser

Good job on the 2nd Place-congrats! Been there and done that on the alarm thing-more than once !
Old 08-28-05, 04:45 PM   #5
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

What happened with you ? No fish but your partner had to pull it off ! Well I'm still in 4th after passing Ricky but Bassenforcer was 2/10 of a point behind me and as we saw he shot up in points. We caught ours on Motor Oil w/red flakes straight tailed finesse worms. Bassenforcer caught his on the same. My ONE fish was all over the place, in trees, brush, and out of the water, meanwhile pulling drag the whole time.
I tell ya fishing that "finesse stuff" aint necessarily in my bag. That spinning tackle is tough to master, but that was all that they would hit, after half of the day going fishless.
The bottum line is that after Falls and Jordan I finally weighed in a fish ! Hope I make the top six, I want to be a boater.
Hickory is where I have shined, two wins. However, after we practiced a couple weeks ago, my patterns so far have failed me. May not be any doves this Sat. (at least haven't seen many) so it may be practice time again.
Old 08-28-05, 06:13 PM   #6
zooker

well i more than likly wont be prefishing hickory. it being that day and all. i do get the 5th off. i don't know what to tell ya. i never fished that lake so more than likly i will be just the net guy for the day.. can you belive the spots were that far up in the river.we went up about 4-5 miles bassenforcer went well above us. i had a bunch of hits but felt like brim to me. you mean to tell me YOU did not throw a crankbait?? i did for about 20 mintues when we saw you. my arm is sore as crap from the constate pitching with that lefty rod i switched about 11 to my right handed flipping stick just to slow my arm fatiuge. according to my gps we covered 12.9 miles in 8 hours. i never even took my spinning rod. but will likly have it at hickory as i have YOUR most "favorite buddy"-you know the man with the fish and ski-as a partner.
maybe he will show me some new holes. hickory is going to be very very tough of that i have NO question..

zooker
Old 08-28-05, 06:22 PM   #7
454ss

So did you get anything for 2nd place zook?
Old 08-28-05, 06:37 PM   #8
zooker

ya but told my partner to keep it all i did was net for him.

zooker
Old 08-28-05, 06:40 PM   #9
454ss

Yea i know how ya feel. So how much did the biggest fish weigh?
Old 08-30-05, 04:25 PM   #10
bassnman30

Zook, We threw top waters, twitch baits,rattle traps, shallow cranks, deep cranks,spinnerbaits,C-rigs and regular tx rigged worms----no takers.
Kinda hard trying to fish with equipment that your not used to I.E. Spinning tackle with a wippy rod and 8 lb test. Be glad to get back to power fishing vs. that finesse stuff.
That finesse stuff is for yankees.
Old 08-30-05, 07:01 PM   #11
zooker

is that a shot at me?? or just your partner...think you got the mid western yankee did you not? besides what is wrong with a spinning out fit ?? i think you just don't like the light crappie stick you were using. i use a mh and a ml spinning rig more than likly will be using it at hickory. in addition to my other sticks. weightless senkos were working in the clear waters of kerr scott...

still aint had a talk to richard yet...

zooker
Old 08-31-05, 06:53 AM   #12
1FASTLASER

Good Job grasshopper
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-05, 01:52 PM   #13
bassnman30

Ahhhh, You may have heard that we ain't fishing Hickory. Looks like we are finally going to Badin. Your lake. Time to prove something !
Saw similac yest out there, he claimed to have caught a 5 lber on a senko but it wasn't so. All they caught were shorts. I did catch ONE that may have kept.
When are they going to stock that place with bass ? !!!
Actually, in the early morn. we did see some activity. We may have seen some breaking the water in the afternoon, if they weren't actually stripers that we witnessed.
P.S. I will be getting a more "stable" spinning rod for the application of setting the hook w/ a tx rig.

Last edited by bassnman30; 09-04-05 at 01:55 PM. Reason: p.s.
bassnman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-05, 04:43 PM   #14
zooker

i use a mh 6 footer or a ml 6 footer. and 12 pound ande-of course-i normally don't go much for distance with a spinning rod but tend to skip it around docks.the mh i have the drag set about the same as my spinnerbait rod. the ml drag locked all the way down.

yeah but early september is normally one of those months i avoid badin in.a plus is the stained -going to be muddy-water. she is quite tough in september. yeah spoke with "simolak" today all shorts -wait "A"single short- remember i aint a boater so going to places i would fish are not my choice. but i am going out to see if them fish are still there tomarrow.heard don is on the fish maybe the comeback kid right there...

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.