Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-07, 10:30 AM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default Odd Structure

The last time we went Musky fishing in Lake Hudson, MI, I noticed a small "wall" type thing near the shore. I asked my dad's friend who we went with and he said it was originally built to stopt he shore form eroding. Now, after about 3 feet of shore has eroded form behind it, there is a space between it and the shore. It looks ot me as if it's made out of wood, with a metal frame. Some of the wood is missing so it has gaps in it. It is also accessible to fish from either end there it stops. I don't know how deep the water is between in and shore, but I'd assume not very.

Anybody think this might be a good structure for bass that we should try out next year? Or has anyone seen something like this before? (It can't be the only one in the world.)

Thanks again,
BB
Old 10-27-07, 10:52 AM   #2
zooker

well hell fish it on occasion and find out.. don't just hit it once. hit it 3-4 times a year this is one of those right time right place things..once ya catch fish there note water temp and date.. odds are like clock work the bass will be in there at the same time and temp all the time..

zooker
Old 10-27-07, 02:02 PM   #3
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

BB, I know exactly where you're talking about, saying that I fish here oh, 20 times a year. That place is very shallow, about 6" at normal lake level, but it is like Zook said. For instance, if the water is three feet high, check it out, and if you catch one, note it, and come back and fish that area at the same time,same level, same everything. Don't forget though, you can also fish this in different months if everything is the same too.

-ll
Old 10-29-07, 07:05 PM   #4
3dkicker

There's a spot like that on the Potomac at Quantico Creek. There's an old pier/retaining wall off the point in 4-5' of water and you can only see it at low, low tide. It runs along the shore for 30 yards or so and drops off to 25'. The point holds bait fish all the time. Only problem is most people don't know it's there and would rip their boats up on the nails and metal if they got too close to it. For some reason I've never caught a bass off it. I've seen one bass caught on other wood pilings near it in shallower water but not off it.
Old 10-29-07, 07:35 PM   #5
zooker

test me kicker bass hold off it...

in badin lake there is a place called the indian graveyard.. it is just THAT piles of stones stacked up over the deceased..-old western movie style- these are still on the bottom of the lake at varing depths. it is one of my favorite areas to drag a c-rig thru but the water level has to be "perfect"...

zooker
Old 10-31-07, 06:29 PM   #6
3dkicker

Zook,
Let me know the next time you're in the neighborhood and I'll put you right on top of it. I'd love to see a bass come off of it.

Of course you have to bring your boat but I'll provide the life jackets. Those pilings have some sharp spikes and the waves can get right nasty.
Old 11-01-07, 10:36 AM   #7
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Bass like man made structure or cover. Here at Norris we have a lot of old stone fences that were built by setlersd in the old days. They really work. Fish2win
Old 11-01-07, 06:50 PM   #8
zooker

kicker
ya never would know when i just "may" take you up on that offer..

zooker
Old 11-06-07, 03:43 PM   #9
3dkicker

That "may" be the best time of the year to be on the water. Fishing for pre and post spawn on the river is fantastic. Plenty of traffic on weekends but if you can get out mid-week....oh baby! I just "may" have to take a day or two off from work.

C'mon up and visit!
Old 11-06-07, 04:52 PM   #10
JB

brookville lake has plenty of man made structure, a few small towns were moved and some foundations are still there, maybe only sticking up a foot or so, but it holds walleyes this time of year. Plus many other foundations, old ponds, cemeteries, and objects in the water. In wolf creek is a hay rake/wagon
with steel wagon wheels thats been there for as long as I can remember .
And of course the Ohio river have everything in it you can imagine, sunken or floating barges, tires, barrels, trees, and on and on. Theres a sink, a safe, and a washer in the creek west of tanners, just imagine what all you could really see if the river wasn't so dern dark and murky.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 07:27 PM   #11
pig n jig

I bet Zooker thought there was some odd looking structure ...... and then he realized it was his own reflection off from the water. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 07:36 PM   #12
zooker

nope but i do have a picture takin of a CERTAIN person tring to climb back into his boat. after he FELL into the west river..

any one want to see it??

zooker
Old 11-06-07, 07:43 PM   #13
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

I'd be fishing for that safe, JB. Who knows what could be in it. Anyways that all sounds interesting, I'd ove to find some stuff like that in the lakes around here, but I doubt there is much. All the lakes around here are shallow and natural, I doubt anything too interesting lurks beneath.
Old 11-06-07, 07:48 PM   #14
JB

probably was owned by some dirt poor river rat hillbilly rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 07:51 PM   #15
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

Haha, I dont know, if there was a need for a safe soemthing rather valuable must have been kept inside. Curiosity would have me pulling it up, and gettin' into it.
Old 11-06-07, 08:34 PM   #16
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I'd probably try to get it up too, just to see what waas in it. Even if There wasn't anything interesting you could think of it as cleaning up the creek.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.