Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-06, 09:25 AM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default CBBT Report Dec 1-3

Friday I left early to fish my way down to CBBT. Stopped at Sandy point and waded out on point alone and got two shorts on a little curly tail grub. Then I stopped at Choptank fishing pier and fished rip rap at roadway. Got two more shorts on the same curly tail grub. Next I went down into the Blackwater refuge to Hoopers Island Bridge. Great place to shore fish BTW. Roadway was being over run by waves and hit my truck as I approached it.

Caught four shorts on other side of bridge. Next headed for CBBT and met up with Andy (counseler) and the rest of my brothers from CCA-So MD. Good times and a hole in the hotel wall as the fun got wild. Learned about a new technique called "The Bug" for between tide rockfish. Drank a little Bushmills and prepaired for a day with Walleye Pete. Next morning seas where angry and mean. But Petes boat handled it well. Big flocks of birds and calmer seas by mid day. I think with the four of us on board we hit the 200 fish mark. 2 or 3 slot fish 28-32 returned and a big 35 came over the rail. I got a good many good fish on fly rod as well. Biggest on the fly was 26 inches. That night I went to clean a fish for Andy to take home and could not locate cleaning station. drove around a bit till I opened the window and smelled. 5 day old dumpster of fish guts was an easy scent trail to follow.
Next day I went out with Francis and Daryl and his closed cabin and bigger boat was indeed a nice trip out in snotty seas again. Fish bite was slow but the"The Bug " worked its magic and we limited out by noon.
Drove home with a cooler of fish to clean.

A martini and a hot shower later and I was asleep.
Capt Mike
Old 12-04-06, 11:28 AM   #2
skeeter944

sweet! WTG! those are some nice fish!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-06, 11:50 AM   #3
ToPwAt'R GuY
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

It sounds like you had a great day.Nice Fishies.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-06, 08:39 PM   #4
Super Fluke

NIce fish.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.