Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-07, 12:25 AM   #1
jooleyen
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen
Default BIG St.Croix Avid Rod Sale

I just went to Sportsman's Warehouse today and even though I have one, I checked the St.Croix Avid rod section. I don't know why, but I did. I am happy I did. Normally they're $160.00 here, and $180.00 at Cabela's, but now they're only $110! I'm getting one. Just thought I'd let you guys know. Maybe you should check your local SprtsmnsWrhs.

Last edited by jooleyen; 08-10-07 at 12:57 AM.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-07, 04:28 AM   #2
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooleyen View Post
I just went to Sportsman's Warehouse today and even though I have one, I checked the St.Croix Avid rod section. I don't know why, but I did. I am happy I did. Normally they're $160.00 here, and $180.00 at Cabela's, but now they're only $110! I'm getting one. Just thought I'd let you guys know. Maybe you should check your local SprtsmnsWrhs.
Jools,

Are you CERTAIN your aren't mistaking the Premier for the Avid? All Avid model designators begin with "A"...AC66MHF (Avid, Casting, 6'6", Med-Hvy Power, Fast Action.) If there's no "A" it "A"in't "A"n "A"vid. The two lines look VERY similar.
READ THE FINE PRINT ON THE ROD!
The Premier is a great stick for the money, but not so sensitive as the Avid.
I own 4 Avids and would gladly starve in order to own more.
Jus' askin'.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-07, 08:40 AM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRod View Post
If there's no "A" it "A"in't "A"n "A"vid.

FR
Well RyFlod, we meet again. That little.. lets just call it a sentence for simplicity's sake.. anyways it's a great way to keep a moron busy for a minute. Sure worked on me so If you need to a quick get away from a moron, just write this down and tell 'em to read it outloud.

441BB
Old 08-10-07, 11:38 AM   #4
jooleyen

Yeah Flyrod. IT IS AN AVID SERIES. YA KNOW THE REALLY EXPENSIVE ONES? Lol They are only 10 dollars more than the Premier series. I know. Doesn't it seem like a mistake? Seriously. They're the Avid series. All of them are for sale. The one I'm getting 7'M is $110!
Old 08-10-07, 03:44 PM   #5
leroy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to leroy

One of the other sites I visit mentioned this too. It is the Avid ones. Wish I had one of those stores in Alabama.
leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-07, 09:04 PM   #6
FlyRod

That's great, Jools!
I went to our local Sportsman's Who...Warehouse today and no sign of a sale.
Must be a regional thing.
Had they been on sale I'd have snapped up one or two, but no matter. Rods? I gots dem rods!

Congrats!

FR
Old 08-14-07, 10:20 PM   #7
StetsD
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Yahoo to StetsD

Anyone near charlotte know where a sportsman wearhouse is.........(zooker)
StetsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 05:49 AM   #8
FlyRod

UPDATE!

Jools was right!
Yesterday, after lunch with a nice lady and running into Reb at Academy, I wandered over to Sportsman's W'house to exchange a faulty lure. While there, I asked a young employee if their Avids were on sale. He knew nothing of such.
On a hunch, he scanned a 160.00 Avid and, sure enough, it scanned at 109.00! I didn't buy it. Frankly, I wanted an Avid 7' Spinning rod in Medium/Fast or Medium Heavy/Fast for tossing unweighted (well, 'cept for the rattle,) 5" SnikiTix...er...TikiStiks or Senkos. They didn't have one AND even if they did it might not have scanned for a lower price.
The young chap guessed that only certain Avids were affected by the price reduction, the slow movers, of course.
There were two Avid baitcasting rods that sorta intrigued me. One was an AC66MHM, the other an AC 66MM. The former might be great for tossing larger cranks and lipless cranks and the latter super for tossing smaller examples of same. Had I not already possessed rods for both types I'd've snapped them up. The moderate action would satisfy those crankbaiters who fear ripping the lure outta the bass's mouth and still afford the increased sensitivity and lightness (ahhhhhh, lightnesssssss...) of a high-grade 'phite rod.
So, congrats to Jools. I just hope the price break didn't seduce anyone into buying a rod that isn't really suited to their purpose.

FR
Old 08-22-07, 02:44 PM   #9
jooleyen

Yes! And BTW, I love my new rod. It works perfect for the crankbaits I've been throwing. It's a 7' Medium Power - Moderate Action Rod.
Old 08-22-07, 09:18 PM   #10
kg8985
BassFishin.Com Member

thanks for the info, i'll have to check them out
kg8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-07, 12:21 AM   #11
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooleyen View Post
Yes! I love my new rod.
In a purely platonic sense, I desperately hope!

FR

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.