Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-06, 06:37 AM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, the cool weather has been a nice additive to the Lake Fork fishing. After the record setting heat just a couple weeks ago this cool down is a welcome site. The fishing is great right now. Just about any pattern you like will work right now. Top water, crank baits, Texas and Carolina rigs, weightless baits, and lipless crank baits.
The lake is about two feet low and the water temp is holding about 73. Most of the creeks are clear or just slightly stained. The main lake is in great shape as the water is very clear. On cloudy mornings I have started on windy banks with buzz baits and top water. I have been throwing the Lake Fork Tackle Zig Zag around floating and submerged grass. The Wave Shadick has been good in and around the the same areas. Once the sun gets up I am moving out to the deeper water on points and humps. Carolina rigs and Texas rigs with the Lake Fork Tackle Baby Ring Fry have been very productive for me. The drop shot is another good presentation when the fish don’t bite but are there. Your electronics will be your best friend from now on as finding large schools of bait and fish on the deep structure. Some are dragging big crank baits over humps and catching some nice fish. The swim baits are good on the humps when you find suspended fish. Count the bait down and swim it through the school and hold on.
I have hopped some jigging spoons and caught some nice fish. Like I said earlier just about anything you like to throw is working.
I still have some dates open in May if you are planning a trip to the Lake and wanting to book a day give me a call.
I have May 24, 27, 28, 29, 31 open if any of these will work for you give me a call.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088
jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.