Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-11, 02:45 PM   #76
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
I've already opened my gift and can say I am very pleased with what I found inside.

5pack Gamakatsu Skip Gap 3/0 Hooks

Hat Hook/Tie Clasp 5/0 Eagle Claw

10pack Lunker City 6" Slug-Go's Alewife

7pack PowerTeamLures 5" Sick Stick Watermelon Seed

10pack Yama Senkos 5" Watermelon Black/Red Flake

1/4 oz. Yellow Magic Top Water Bait Alewife

You did really good, Bubba! I really appreciate it.

Merry Christmas!

-Mark
Looks like you made out pretty good Mark. I know you will like that Yellow Magic. Bubba turned me on to them last summer and they are an amazing popping bait, they will spit water while walking the dog which gives them a different presentation than most popping baits.
Old 12-23-11, 03:56 PM   #77
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

open mine today will be out of town. thanks koory really great gifts. i got the following items

1. kvd square bill 1.0 never guess color
1 kvd square bil 1.5 black back/chart
1 lucky craft popper ms gun metal sha
2 packs of berkly havoc in pit boss skeet reese okochobee crawl andcalifornia soft plastic baits

can't wait to throw the popper and the soft plastics. the kvd i have and really killed them this fall. prety bad shape but i insure these will get a goog working this year,
Old 12-23-11, 04:14 PM   #78
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobass View Post
open mine today will be out of town. thanks koory really great gifts. i got the following items

1. kvd square bill 1.0 never guess color
1 kvd square bil 1.5 black back/chart
1 lucky craft popper ms gun metal sha
2 packs of berkly havoc in pit boss skeet reese okochobee crawl andcalifornia soft plastic baits

can't wait to throw the popper and the soft plastics. the kvd i have and really killed them this fall. prety bad shape but i insure these will get a goog working this year,
Glad you like them Don. I had to laugh when I drew your name because we had sent packages to each other quite a bit in the Ultimate Match Fishing contest and then I drew your name in the Secret Santa deal too lol.
Old 12-23-11, 07:29 PM   #79
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Hope you find good use in it Woody and it puts fish in the boat for you. I asked them to remove my name from anything but they must have left something in the box.
Old 12-23-11, 11:34 PM   #80
nobass

yes so did i when i opened the box and saw they order form
Old 12-24-11, 12:11 AM   #81
bassinbob

Didn't let on I was in on the Secret Santa. Hope my friend didn't guess who sent it. Will open mine Christmas day.
Old 12-25-11, 09:49 AM   #82
rrw4258

Well, I got mine opened up bright and early this morning. I think my SS was Anthony, but I am not sure. I got:

3 of the Elite Football Jigs from Cabin Fever Lures
Jackall Cross Tail Shads in Watermelon (always a favorite for these smallies
2 packs of Strike King Go-B-Gone's... Twinkie and KVD Kick. (I love these things... I insert a tube head in the open cavity toward the head, and drag them like a tube)
1 Damiki DC 100 Crankbait in Real Shad... (I own a couple of the 200's, but have yet to try the 100's, and it does look very promising.)
1 Rod Glove in Black ( I have been waiting to try these, and almost ordered a couple to try out, but now that I have one, it really does slip on and off the rods very easily, and I am loving it.)

Also, let me tell you guys something. The Cabin Fever Lures Football Jigs are just bad@ss jigs. Before today I have never seen one in person, but the pictures on the website just don't do them justice. The details on them are just absolutely perfect. They are by far the best looking jigs I have ever seen, and I can't wait to fish them in the spring!

Santa, what sizes are two Black/Blue Jigs, and the other color ( what is that color, by the way)?

Thanks Santa!

Ryan
Old 12-25-11, 12:33 PM   #83
Tavery5

Just wanted to say thanks to my Secret Santa, he sent me a couple of lures that are absolutely beautiful. The first is a Megabass vision 110, the other is a Yellow Magic popper, I can't wait to give both of these a workout.

Thanks again Secret "JRob78" Santa.

Old 12-25-11, 02:21 PM   #84
keithdog

A BIG thankyou to my secret Santa! As you can see he was very generous! And I have to say, Anthonys Cabin Fever Lures jigs are just awsome! Can't wait to try them out. Also, the Cavitron buzzbait will replace the one I lost this fall. I was going to buy another one this spring. So thankyou again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	secret Santa 2011.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	7437  

Last edited by keithdog; 12-25-11 at 08:14 PM.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-11, 02:38 PM   #85
carolina-rig-01

Secret Santa is awesome!!! I almost gave in to temptation and opened this package early, but I am glad that I waited. Usually I am patient and good at waiting but this package really had me anxious because I remembered Keith saying he was really impressed with one of the gifts he bought and that he would have to get one for himself. Like a good boy I waited and man I am so glad that I did. The first thing that I seen in the box was a Christmas card with a very nice note in it wishing my family and I a Merry Christmas. Then once I got down to the nuts and bolts of the situation I was very pleased with the tackle that was in the package.

A Boogerman Ratchet Buzz buzzbait. I have never heard of this brand before but I have been looking for a better buzzbait the last year or so and I still am not 100% happy with any of the brands that I have used. This one is looking promising though, it has a very well designed head that should help keep the bait on the surface at really slow speeds and a long hook which I like in a buzzbait. Not to mention that it is the exact skirt and blade color combination that I would have picked myself.

A One Knocker Spook in Foxy Shad and G-Finish. Not too much to say about these baits that isn't already common knowledge. The Spook is probably the best walking bait out there even today, and the loud rattles in the One Knocker make them even better. I love the color of this bait too.

KVD 1.5 in Tennessee Shad. I have made my feelings about this bait well known, simply put they are my favorite squarebill I have ever used. And Tennessee Shad is one of the best colors I have used as well.

Bandit Squarebill in Chart/Black. I have been wanting to use this bait ever since I saw they were coming out. For some reason I just never remembered to pick one up when I was on Tackle Warehouse. I am really impressed with the looks of this bait and I can't wait to get it wet. Great color on this bait too.

Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver in California 420. The Sweet Beaver is one of my favorite jig trailers and flipping baits. In fact I caught more fish on this bait last year than ever before and I will be putting these babies to use as soon as the fish start moving shallow. I love this color as well.

Netbait B Bug in Black Blue Flake. This is another bait that I have never used but have been wanting to. I have been wanting to give this a comparison against the Sweet Beavers because they have the Netbait smell that I love. Couldn't handpick a better color myself either.

Strike King KVD Perfect Plastics Caffeine Shad in Baby Bass. I have been wanting to get more into the Fluke type baits ever since we had a few tournaments last year that I know I could have done well in if I was good with this type of bait. Personally I like the KVD Perfect really well because I believe in the Coffee scent in these baits. When it comes to fluke type baits I don't think you can go wrong with any color that has some white or silver in it so these baits should be spot on.

Keith I can't thank you enough man, you did an outstanding job and I promise you that everything you sent me will be put to good use.

Old 12-25-11, 07:36 PM   #86
WatterBoy

A big T-H-A-N-K-S to my Secret Santa for all the cool stuff he sent me!

Here is a recap and photo of what I received:

1) 10-pack of Kalin's 4" Lunker Grubs (Watermelon Seed)
2) 8-pack of Gene Larew 6" HooDaddys (Sooner Run)
3) 8-pack of Keitech Swing Impact 4" custom quality worms (Sexy Shad)
4) 3/8 oz swim jig from Dirty Jigs Tackle (Ayu)
5) 3/8 oz swim jig from Dirty Jigs Tackle (Blue Back Herring)
6) Luck E Strike Rick Clunn Suspending Jerkbait (Pro Blue)

Merry Christmas, everyone!

WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-11, 07:44 PM   #87
Jrob78

Big thanks to Virginia Secret Santa! I couldn't be happier with the stuff I got! I got 2 Lucky Craft baits to add to my LC stash. I got a RC 3.5 wake bait in Chartreuse perch color and a Pointer 65DD in aurora black. Those are two of my favorite colors and baits that I really like fishing with. I also got one of the world famous Alpha Jigs in black and blue. With all the recent hype, I have been very curious about this bait. Secret santa did great and I can't wait to try out these baits! Thanks a lot Ron, I really appreciate it!
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-11, 08:31 PM   #88
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
Secret Santa is awesome!!! I almost gave in to temptation and opened this package early, but I am glad that I waited. Usually I am patient and good at waiting but this package really had me anxious because I remembered Keith saying he was really impressed with one of the gifts he bought and that he would have to get one for himself. Like a good boy I waited and man I am so glad that I did. The first thing that I seen in the box was a Christmas card with a very nice note in it wishing my family and I a Merry Christmas. Then once I got down to the nuts and bolts of the situation I was very pleased with the tackle that was in the package.

A Boogerman Ratchet Buzz buzzbait. I have never heard of this brand before but I have been looking for a better buzzbait the last year or so and I still am not 100% happy with any of the brands that I have used. This one is looking promising though, it has a very well designed head that should help keep the bait on the surface at really slow speeds and a long hook which I like in a buzzbait. Not to mention that it is the exact skirt and blade color combination that I would have picked myself.

A One Knocker Spook in Foxy Shad and G-Finish. Not too much to say about these baits that isn't already common knowledge. The Spook is probably the best walking bait out there even today, and the loud rattles in the One Knocker make them even better. I love the color of this bait too.

KVD 1.5 in Tennessee Shad. I have made my feelings about this bait well known, simply put they are my favorite squarebill I have ever used. And Tennessee Shad is one of the best colors I have used as well.

Bandit Squarebill in Chart/Black. I have been wanting to use this bait ever since I saw they were coming out. For some reason I just never remembered to pick one up when I was on Tackle Warehouse. I am really impressed with the looks of this bait and I can't wait to get it wet. Great color on this bait too.

Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver in California 420. The Sweet Beaver is one of my favorite jig trailers and flipping baits. In fact I caught more fish on this bait last year than ever before and I will be putting these babies to use as soon as the fish start moving shallow. I love this color as well.

Netbait B Bug in Black Blue Flake. This is another bait that I have never used but have been wanting to. I have been wanting to give this a comparison against the Sweet Beavers because they have the Netbait smell that I love. Couldn't handpick a better color myself either.

Strike King KVD Perfect Plastics Caffeine Shad in Baby Bass. I have been wanting to get more into the Fluke type baits ever since we had a few tournaments last year that I know I could have done well in if I was good with this type of bait. Personally I like the KVD Perfect really well because I believe in the Coffee scent in these baits. When it comes to fluke type baits I don't think you can go wrong with any color that has some white or silver in it so these baits should be spot on.

Keith I can't thank you enough man, you did an outstanding job and I promise you that everything you sent me will be put to good use.

I'm thrilled you were so pleased with your gift Kory. That buzzbait was the lure I was very impressed with. My wife got me two of them for Christmas so we'll have to compare notes, lol. I did some research on buzzbaits, and the customer feed back on the Boogerman Rocket Buzz has been very possitive. I can't wait to try mine out next spring. That one knocker Spook is a lure that I just tor'em up on this year. In fact, my biggest bass of the year came on that exact same Spook. I hope it performs as well for you. And the Strike King Caffeen Shads in Baby Bass is another bait I've always done extreemly well with, especially with bass chasing schools of shad. I work it in conjunction with a topwater popper. That 1-2 punch is just killer! Merry Christmas buddy.
Old 12-25-11, 08:54 PM   #89
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
I'm thrilled you were so pleased with your gift Kory. That buzzbait was the lure I was very impressed with. My wife got me two of them for Christmas so we'll have to compare notes, lol. I did some research on buzzbaits, and the customer feed back on the Boogerman Rocket Buzz has been very possitive. I can't wait to try mine out next spring. That one knocker Spook is a lure that I just tor'em up on this year. In fact, my biggest bass of the year came on that exact same Spook. I hope it performs as well for you. And the Strike King Caffeen Shads in Baby Bass is another bait I've always done extreemly well with, especially with bass chasing schools of shad. I work it in conjunction with a topwater popper. That 1-2 punch is just killer! Merry Christmas buddy.
I am not claiming to be an authority on buzzbaits. But I have fished them probably more over the years than any other topwater bait and I have used some really good ones and some really bad ones. A buzzbait seems so simple in theory but man it's easy for someone to overlook important attributes that make a buzzbait great or really bad. I haven't used it yet obviously but so far it has everything I look for in a buzzbait. As for the Caffeine Shads, I used to use this type of baits a lot but for some reason I just kinda got away from them for no good reason. I never really felt like I was missing much until a few tournaments this past year when I was on a good pattern that hinged on balls of shad and I know good and well I could have done some damage if I still had confidence in my abilities with them. It was already a bait that I planned to use this year so they were a great choice too.
Old 12-25-11, 09:46 PM   #90
bassinbob

Opened mine up this morning and got some great gifts. Two spools of P-line copoly. Now I have some great line for my new reels. One of my favorite spinnerbaits-War Eagle in a new color to try, Blue Herring Shad. A pack of Rage Tail Toads in my fav color Watermelon Red. And a pack of gammy superline hooks for the ragetails. Thanks Santa. Couldn't have done better myself.
Old 12-25-11, 10:36 PM   #91
MIbasser

I would like to say a big thanks to my SS!! I can't remember everything in there (as I'm not home) but I know it had 2 1.5KVD's and a 2.5, a spinnerbait, yame's, and a couple others. I was fooled as it had a CA address on it, but upon further review I'm sure it was shipped from a small town south of Minneapolis, MN. Thanks Waterboy!!!!!

Oh, and next time I'm in town to see McNeilus I'll give you a holler!
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-11, 10:46 PM   #92
bcklash

Me and Adam togather loaded up from our secret santa from Pa. and Ohio. In our excitement while opening and eyeballing each others stash we got'em mixed up but we are very well pleased. You guys done great.

Your welcome Jrob--If I don't get you in the SS, I lose bets to ya. Between you and Adam I'm stay broke. Hope you can use them.
Old 12-25-11, 11:08 PM   #93
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Got mine. A giffy to send a reel to Kevin and I have the perfect one in mind....my Calais. I don't really have any idea who my SS was as of now. Step forward and accept my gratitude and thanks.
Old 12-26-11, 01:05 PM   #94
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to my Secret Santa, he sent me a couple of lures that are absolutely beautiful. The first is a Megabass vision 110, the other is a Yellow Magic popper, I can't wait to give both of these a workout.

I knew you liked to fish jerkbaits so I figured that would be a good one to get. I've been fishing Yellow Magics for awhile and they are great poppers. Hopefully you will be able to get some use out of them. I ordered one of each for myself too. It will be interesting to see if the Vision lives up to the hype.

Merry Christmas Tony!
Old 12-26-11, 01:11 PM   #95
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
Your welcome Jrob--If I don't get you in the SS, I lose bets to ya. Between you and Adam I'm stay broke. Hope you can use them.
Hahahahaha, I look forward to winning more LC's from you in the upcoming year.
You did great, I have 1 of the rc wakebaits already but in a different size and color and you can never have too many pointers. I've been really curious about the Alpha Jig too. I will definitely use everything you got me, thanks a lot!
Old 12-26-11, 01:31 PM   #96
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Thanks to my secret Santa! I think I know who you are.

I got

5 assorted Bomber crankbaits, all in Sexy Shad (I love that color!)
1 Zara Spook
2 packs of Reaction Strike 3" Fat Head swimbaits.
1 Rapala Rattlin' Rap
A Moto Frog. I've never seen this, it's pretty neat though.
2 Alpha Strike jigs, for business research.
A Booyah Flipstah system.

Thanks again!

BB
Old 12-26-11, 01:42 PM   #97
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
I knew you liked to fish jerkbaits so I figured that would be a good one to get. I've been fishing Yellow Magics for awhile and they are great poppers. Hopefully you will be able to get some use out of them. I ordered one of each for myself too. It will be interesting to see if the Vision lives up to the hype.

Merry Christmas Tony!
I love them, only problem is that the 110 is so nice, I don't know if I should fish it or put it in a case.

Last edited by Tavery5; 12-26-11 at 03:50 PM.
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-11, 02:20 PM   #98
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIbasser View Post
I would like to say a big thanks to my SS!! I can't remember everything in there (as I'm not home) but I know it had 2 1.5KVD's and a 2.5, a spinnerbait, yame's, and a couple others. I was fooled as it had a CA address on it, but upon further review I'm sure it was shipped from a small town south of Minneapolis, MN. Thanks Waterboy!!!!!

Oh, and next time I'm in town to see McNeilus I'll give you a holler!
You're welcome, Andy! Hopefully you can use some of what I sent you. I tried to keep my identity a secret, but you looked too closely and figured it out. Let me know if you're ever in town. Happy Holidays!

Dean
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-11, 04:08 PM   #99
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post

I can't really tell in the picture but is that the Pro Blue color on that Vision 110?
Old 12-26-11, 04:21 PM   #100
Tavery5

It is called cruising blue and my camera work did not do it justice, it is very very nice.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.