Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-06, 11:55 AM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Talking senseless posting ? or gratuitous posting?

I think that’s the correct word: Gratuitous
without cause
complimentary: costing nothing
unnecessary and unwarranted
Yeah.. that’s the ticket. Gratuitous. I have nothing to say but feel the need to increase my post count. Sure, I could reply to myself but it’s just not the same.

Perhaps it’s just me but it seems my beloved nonbassfishing forum has run amuck of late. Sadly, I can’t seem to tell if this is reality, or perhaps I’ve become disinterested. (hmm, must research disinterested)
Disinterested
In traditional usage, disinterested can only mean “having no stake in an outcome,” as in Since the judge stands to profit from the sale of the company, she cannot be considered a disinterested party in the dispute. But despite critical disapproval, disinterested has come to be widely used by many educated writers to mean “uninterested” or “having lost interest,” as in Since she discovered skiing, she is disinterested in her schoolwork. Oddly enough, “not interested” is the oldest sense of the word, going back to the 17th century. This sense became outmoded in the 18th century but underwent a revival in the first quarter of the early 20th. Despite its resuscitation, this usage does not have many fans on the Usage Panel. In our 1988 survey, 89 percent of the Usage Panel rejected the sentence His unwillingness to give five minutes of his time proves that he is disinterested in finding a solution to the problem. This is not a significantly different proportion from the 93 percent who disapproved of the same usage back in 1980.

1980. Interesting year. Most of the drugs should’ve worn off by now.
Well, maybe disinterested isn’t quite the right term but just look at how much space I’ve wasted so far! (Still with me?)

Oh sure, I could use the word games to increase my post count but the latest trends seem to indicate that bassfishin' has become somewhat of a C.B. radio… Breaker breaker bassfishin forums… gotcher ears on? WTF's going on here?

Pure Drivel
Yup. That’s what this is alright. Pure drivel. I’d like to see it grow to 8 or 9 pages and maybe even end up it the pit. This would be good. Better, would be if it gets deleted entirely – as if it never happened. Wouldn’t it be cool if newspapers could pull that off? Then, you could post a letter to the editor, publish it – and not ever give a thought to potential repercussions. That would rock.

Let’s see. I bet politics might extend this topics life… Let’s go there for a moment, shall we? I’m willing to bet that good ole George would love a feature that would allow the complete disappearance of prior statements (just be careful with the trashcan) but even more, how about our local government too? Even better than redaction! Redaction. I like the sound of this.. And, I can squeeze some good ole time religion in with it:

Redaction Criticism of the Bible is the theory that different copyists and commentators of the early biblical writings embellished and altered the biblical texts throughout early Jewish and Christian history to make them appear more miraculous, inspirational, and legitimate. An example of redaction theory would be the claim that Old Testament prophecies were modified by redactors after the fact to make them appear as miraculous prophecies. Redaction criticism reduces the quality of the biblical record, casts strong doubt on its inspiration, and implies that the Bible is not trustworthy as a historical document.

Well. What do you know 'bout that? That’s not at all where I expected to be at this point in my posts. Reading it over, it appears that I might be trying to make a point. Please please please don’t read that into this. Consider the topic.

Maybe we could set up a new Forum named: “Useless Drivel” (Nah – that wouldn’t work at all…) How about one named – “Conversations With Self”. This would allow all the trolls somewhere to express, and debate, their own point of view – with themselves. Surely, if they create enough clones, they can create the feel of validity to virtually everything they have to say. Imagine the conspiracy theories that could be created! Wah-Hoo. I’ll smoke to that! (I’ll just not drink, drive, and smoke to it)

I feel the need to gripe. Isn’t that really why most of us are here anyways? Or, maybe it’s more like why folks must be so enamored with Nascar – we just wanna see the wrecks. Or maybe we just go to show support for all of the black drivers – I don’t know.

I translated what I found to English first. I need to check my sources more thoroughly:

The cockroach, the cockroach, No longer can walk; Because it does not have, because him lack Marijuana that to smoke.

That can’t be right but here’s some lyrics for the kids to work on.

蟑螂, 蟑螂, 能不再走; 由于它没有, 因为他缺乏大麻对烟。

Impressive, isn’t it? No wonder Godzilla was always out of sync.

Are you still here?

Well. That’s my useless post for the evening.

Good day.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 01:12 PM   #2
Rebbasser

Go fishing, JB .
Old 05-11-06, 01:17 PM   #3
WTL

Reb, did you read the whole thing? I mean I feel tempted to tell JB the same thing, but I'm not sure that would be right considering I read the 1st 2 lines and figured out what that he was just doing his thing again....I mean I really appreciate that he spent that much time writing.....
Old 05-11-06, 01:28 PM   #4
Rebbasser

I did and stand by my response---Go fishing, JB !
Old 05-11-06, 02:01 PM   #5
JB

yup i need to wet a line, bad thing is 10 day rain and 50 lol
Old 05-11-06, 04:10 PM   #6
bass kicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

dont feel that bad we have the same forcast up here as well
Old 05-11-06, 11:01 PM   #7
bassguy2004
BassFishin.Com Active Member

JB, only 10 days of rain? Please help all of us and go fishing.
Old 05-11-06, 11:18 PM   #8
lizardsrule

I can't believe I actuaqlly read that whole damn piece of frivilous crap LOL

Lizards
Old 05-12-06, 12:24 AM   #9
Deacon
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hey the fish dont care they already wet.......Wow and I thought the voices in MY head had alot to say.....
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-06, 04:46 AM   #10
zooker

eww that is a chunk of useless crap if i have ever read one..put the rain suit on and go fishing..

zooker
Old 05-12-06, 06:57 AM   #11
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

JB

GO FISHING......You aint gonna melt....you might float a little...j/k...put the rain suit on and giver hell.
Old 05-12-06, 08:05 AM   #12
JB

'tain't skeered of no stinkin rain, I need to get out bad ...

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.