Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-07, 06:18 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default a yankee a come a fishin..

down here in central nc. he asked my advice so i gave it to him.. this is what i got when he returned to ny.

I just got back from High Rock Lake, and wish I had seen your advice on where to fish before I went to NC, It was abbots creek that I was on and we did fish near the holloway bridge, Most people would not like to give any advice on where to fish, so from talking to the people near cabin area etc I would say you are a exception and want you to know that you information was appreciated, HOWEVER,
I caught 1 small bass, 2 small stripers, a ugly catfish, the grandkids caught a sunny, and my boat ended up all brown, with stains from the water, there was about 4 to 5 large water snakes near the dock, the cabin was about ready to fall apart, as well as the docks and steps to the dock, the water is as you said dirty brown.
So my friend ,,, thanks for the information, I will not in my lifetime spend the time and money to fish anywhere in NC again it is a total waste of money and time.
If you ever make a trip to upstate ny, let me know and I will tell you where you can fish in clean water, catch fish until your arm is tired and you can swim without the fear of a water snake the size of a yardstick.
And your boat witll be as clean when you take it out of the water as it was when you put it in.
People will be friendly, tell you what ever information you need and won't call you "Sweety" :-)

what can i say. he choose to fished high rock not me..this IS the south the people are down right close mouthed when it comes to there fishing.

in all likly hood the stripers were white perch the ugly cat fish was a flat head..i don't know which cabin they stayed at-theres like several hundred in abbots creek-

however the docks on highrock lake are regulated heavily. i know of about 3 docks in the entire lake i personly would not trust. none of which are in abbots creek. every year the docks on all alcoa lakes are inspected. if they fail inspection you "will" pay a hefty fine and be forced to rebuild it.

personally i would not swim in high rock if you paid me. there is always snakes around the lake..and well it is high rock get used to the mud streak..

if i had a dime for every time i have been called "sweety" in the 15 years i have lived here. i could retire..lol

zooker
Old 05-16-07, 08:11 PM   #2
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

"Yankees are like hemorrhoids...when they come down every once in a while you can live with them...when the come down and stay they're a pain in the a$$." - Author Unknown, University of South Carolina, 1990.
Old 05-16-07, 08:38 PM   #3
brushhog

All us yankees aren't rude... Just like all you 'necks aren't ignorant An azzhole is an azzhole no matter where they are from!
brushhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-07, 08:49 PM   #4
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Only a yankee would be afraid of north carolina. You should have told him to come to the deep south, where snakes automaticly take a backseat when compared to gators. And complaining about his poor wittle boat getting dirty? Dont make me laugh.
Old 05-16-07, 09:12 PM   #5
pig n jig

Zooker, You should have told him you already done gots a permament invite to Upstate NY. Might git your southern fried azz to trout fish a few days as well go Bassin'.The walleye are biting pretty regular as well here, ya anit got to get to specific on a certain species here, just go fishing often before the hard water sets in again. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.