Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-08, 11:00 PM   #1
Dshow28
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Crankin stick

I just ordered the BPS Crankin stick in 7' MH. I throw a lot of 200 and 300 series Bandits and I currently do not have a crankbait rod. It was on clearance for like 40 bucks so I thought it might be a good one to try...thoughts?
Dshow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-08, 12:38 AM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Good rods. I just do not like the hump handle that Bass Pro uses, so I don't use them.
Old 12-20-08, 12:44 AM   #3
Kevin
Administrator

Yea... Bass Pro Shops makes some decent rods for the price. We just got a nice crankbait rod in for Maximum Exposure yesterday from AiRRUS Rods called the Copperhead Cranking Stix. Feels like a great crankbait rod at 7'. View it in high detail with our close up photography in Maximum Exposure right now.
Old 12-20-08, 09:36 AM   #4
zooker

dam the power hump i despies that handle..

they are a decent crankin rod..

zooker
Old 12-20-08, 06:14 PM   #5
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I still have a 7' Medium and a 7'MH crankin' stick.I like the rods alot.They are alot of bang for the buck.Ivan
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-08, 10:02 AM   #6
ky southern

that is a nice crankbait rod for 40.00 dollars,as u can tell by my post im not a fan of the 200-500 dollars fishing rods.i do think the medium would have served u better with the 200-300 cranks.
Old 12-21-08, 10:13 AM   #7
CMorg

Yeah , I have seen the Airrus rod in the new Bassmaster , but I have yet to see the price...
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-08, 05:07 PM   #8
Dshow28

You may be right ky southern, however the 300 Bandits seemed a little much for my medium bionic blade. Maybe crankbait rods are different, I have never used one.
Old 12-21-08, 05:10 PM   #9
zooker

use a medium heavy with them 300 a tad more back bone to sling the larger cranks with..

zooker
Old 12-21-08, 05:12 PM   #10
Dshow28

I also plan to try some Rapala DT-16s and and maybe 20s
Old 12-23-08, 12:41 AM   #11
Rebbasser

Dshow, if you are going to be throwing a lot of big deep runners I'd get a MH. If you are just going to throw them occasionally a M action will work.
Old 01-05-09, 07:56 AM   #12
TRUMAN BASSER
BassFishin.Com Member

I am sponsored by AiRRUS and their Copperhead Cranking stix rod is awesome. From what I know they are still working out the price. The rod is exceptionally light and a dream to cast with all day long. When fishing crankbaits you are looking for a rod that isn't going to work against you and this is it. I have heard from a lot of anglers that they hate fishing crankbaits because they get worn out. This rod makes crankbait fishing easy. The rod is very light weight and it allows you to make pinpoint casts. I like to throw a variety of crankbaits and this rod allows you to throw every size of crankbait with great distance and accuracy. You can throw everything from your baby 1 minus up to your DD22's on this rod. The rod's custom features include aluminum winding checks that are practically invincible, Fuji concept alconite guides which the line just flows through, and Fuji reel seets. The rod also has a nice split grip handle so you can make long two handed casts. The reel seat puts you right in touch with the blank so you can feel every little wiggle bump your crankbait makes. When crankbaiting you need a rod that is sensitive to feel the lightest of bites yet one that won't tear the hooks out of the fishes mouth. The feel of the rod and the action is what surprised me the most. If your looking to invest in a cranking stick you might want to wait a little.
TRUMAN BASSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 02:52 PM   #13
Wishing2BFishing

Truman,

I like the looks of the Copperhead. Is it an all graphite stick or is it a composite (a hybrid of graphite and fiberglass)?
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 04:32 PM   #14
TRUMAN BASSER
BassFishin.Com Member

The stick is mostly graphite along with some secret fibers. It's really sensitive so you feel your cranks wiggle on a super long cast. It's truly an amazing rod.
Old 01-06-09, 12:22 AM   #15
jbfisherguy98
BassFishin.Com Member

I like the Custom Angle Rods for cranking. Check them out if you like.
jbfisherguy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 01:02 AM   #16
Tennessee

Default Sounds like you got a deal to me

40 rod and that kinda quality sounds like your gonna be happy with it...and the main thing is that your happy with

Let us and so keep us posted

Later Will
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 03:01 PM   #17
Wishing2BFishing

Truman,

"Secret fibers" ???

What is this secret fiber?
Old 01-06-09, 03:05 PM   #18
bassboogieman

Talking

Ryan, it's also known as "PROPRIETARY MATERIALS".
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 03:12 PM   #19
Wishing2BFishing

Well at least give the "proprietary fibers" a name. Consider E21 for instance, at least they use the phrase "Nano-fibers".
Old 01-06-09, 03:14 PM   #20
Wishing2BFishing

Bruce, by the way, it is good to see you on the boards again. I didn't see many posts from you over the Holidays. Perhaps you were visiting some sites other than my regulars.
Old 01-07-09, 02:46 PM   #21
bassboogieman

Kistler doesn't give out any PORPRIETARY information. Top Secret blanks, you need at least a G-7 Clearance to be told what it is. Actually I can reveal, those blanks are made from leftover material form the Stealth fighter planes. HA!
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-09, 11:04 AM   #22
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUMAN BASSER View Post
I am sponsored by AiRRUS and their Copperhead Cranking stix rod is awesome. From what I know they are still working out the price. The rod is exceptionally light and a dream to cast with all day long. When fishing crankbaits you are looking for a rod that isn't going to work against you and this is it. I have heard from a lot of anglers that they hate fishing crankbaits because they get worn out. This rod makes crankbait fishing easy. The rod is very light weight and it allows you to make pinpoint casts. I like to throw a variety of crankbaits and this rod allows you to throw every size of crankbait with great distance and accuracy. You can throw everything from your baby 1 minus up to your DD22's on this rod. The rod's custom features include aluminum winding checks that are practically invincible, Fuji concept alconite guides which the line just flows through, and Fuji reel seets. The rod also has a nice split grip handle so you can make long two handed casts. The reel seat puts you right in touch with the blank so you can feel every little wiggle bump your crankbait makes. When crankbaiting you need a rod that is sensitive to feel the lightest of bites yet one that won't tear the hooks out of the fishes mouth. The feel of the rod and the action is what surprised me the most. If your looking to invest in a cranking stick you might want to wait a little.
It's hard for me to believe that there is a crankbait rod that can handle Manns 1 Baby minus up to a DT-16 and even a DD-22. If it's soft enough to handle a small/lite wht'd crank, then I've found that the bigger/heavier/way more vibration is over kill from Deeper Cranks that just over power a rod and cause me literally wrist pain. I would certainly be interested in replacing my Falcon Cranking stick for big cranks and my 7' M house rod that I use for shallow cranking with one setup. That is if it doesn't cost a arm and a leg.
Old 01-08-09, 11:42 AM   #23
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I have a ML BPS Cranking stick that I throw 100 & 200's on along with other small shallow cranks. Love it! I'm going to get either a M or MH for deeper cranks soon.
Old 01-08-09, 11:49 AM   #24
BassBandit

Have been thinking about picking up 2 of 7'6 or 7'10 MH Crankin Stick for DD22 & FFS because I like my CK662MT BPS Crankin Stick to walk the dog. Anyone tried their 7'6 or 7'10 MH? If so, how was it?
Old 01-08-09, 12:54 PM   #25
TRUMAN BASSER
BassFishin.Com Member

"It's hard for me to believe that there is a crankbait rod that can handle Manns 1 Baby minus up to a DT-16 and even a DD-22. If it's soft enough to handle a small/lite wht'd crank, then I've found that the bigger/heavier/way more vibration is over kill from Deeper Cranks that just over power a rod and cause me literally wrist pain. I would certainly be interested in replacing my Falcon Cranking stick for big cranks and my 7' M house rod that I use for shallow cranking with one setup. That is if it doesn't cost a arm and a leg."

Yep it handles both of them really good. When using this rod my wrists feel better than ever after a long day of cranking. Its really light and you don't get the hand strain like you do fishing a heavier cranking stick.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.