Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-12, 10:26 PM   #1
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Maggot and his minions

kennethdaysale, agudoxqam0, assVVVVVs3, b0ijd1r4a3, Bassin' Gal, bcklash, bihariadv3, bilco, bkpokhsg8, bloodrml9, carolina-rig-01, cjcfoai8, ElmaBuck, fgf6fxc5df, gdfhsbdzg8, ggrggr1596, hiebertth7, Jrob78, keithdog, kelly79e, lewistalley, llVVVVls3, martelfrszs8, mnjmnj582, oslerbbvo8, pfjztvad, ritacrqe9, sawVVVdc3, sebaldxemj4, vmsajfafg8, wangjing7u, youan6jw0, zzszzs1596

Someone needs to moderate this crap or just give up and shut her down. Am I the only one who suspects the maggot is behind this crap?
Old 09-27-12, 10:32 PM   #2
Jrob78

You beat me to it. I was about to post the same thing. This is getting ridiculous. I don't think anyone is behind it. The bots or spammers or whatever have found a way to join the forum. We used to not have this problem.
Old 09-27-12, 11:14 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I would think that for as long as this site has been online, and for as much time as Kevin has invested in it up to this point that he would take measures to keep the site free of this crap. I mean I remember a few years back when there was a big deal made about people using proper grammar and there was even one member who left because he got in trouble for posting in a different color font, and we were asked to please use the search function anytime we had a question so we wouldn't have more than one thread on the same subject. The reasoning behind all of it was to keep the site neat, clean, and free of clutter or anything else that could make it confusing to navigate. Now we are dealing with this spam crap and the powers that be seemingly could care less.
Old 09-27-12, 11:26 PM   #4
Jrob78

It seems like there used to be something in place to keep these accounts from ever becoming active, now they're all getting through. Every time I look, they are trying to create new threads but most of them aren't able to....yet. It is getting way out of hand.
Old 09-28-12, 06:55 AM   #5
keithdog

This site has been here for too long to see it fall prey to spammers like this. As Kory mentioned, there should be barriers to prevent this. Kevin, we need you!
Old 09-28-12, 07:50 PM   #6
Bassboss

Ummm hmmm.

Nuff said.
Old 09-28-12, 09:41 PM   #7
Jrob78

Jrob78, bcklash, boydramcd7, burdonhggt4, carolina-rig-01, connerrjfg9, cowensspgg9, drumoitl8, evensenwh9, F16 1UB, flyyu1686, hogedeix3, inksdrgd9, kathlngaw8, keithdog, konical plasak, Lancekes, leachmaneq9, lilmule, LouisKahle, margoqfig4, martirytu5, mazzolahz9, nofearengineer, orozbr4994, sakaiswxne8, sengerqz4, tooleyuww9, walchovy5, wf0ahas1, yxmemmxci1
Old 10-03-12, 12:28 AM   #8
Jrob78

Looks like we have lots of new members registering right now!!

11:01 PM antroeky4 Registering
11:16 PM baniapmpm5 Registering
11:10 PM blosspbp4 Registering
10:53 PM canarddqe3 Registering
10:57 PM eichmanqeev3 Registering
10:58 PM essesuck3 Registering
11:16 PM gillmanmkih3 Registering
11:23 PM habichtvpcn3 Registering
11:07 PM hawkeqjzi3 Registering
11:26 PM Jrob78 Viewing Thread
Advice for this lake
11:17 PM kockzoez4 Registering
10:56 PM lavendevtc9 Registering
11:17 PM mengevhxny6 Registering
11:05 PM mikblosgz5 Registering
11:09 PM nofearengineer Viewing Index
BassFishin.Com Forums
11:12 PM pro reel Searching Forums
10:53 PM provenced8 Registering
11:11 PM randolphbfz3 Registering
11:15 PM rharnedbhf Registering
11:21 PM sdfnhsjkfdi Creating Thread
Bass Classifieds
11:01 PM siditnnk8 Registering
11:26 PM sorodcuf3 Registering
11:26 PM USMCbassman Viewing Index
BassFishin.Com Forums
11:09 PM WatterBoy Viewing Index
BassFishin.Com Forums
11:26 PM wolfmantgd Registering
Old 10-03-12, 12:47 AM   #9
nofearengineer

It looks like the Las Vegas Chapter of NAMBLA has taken an interest in us.
Old 10-03-12, 06:11 AM   #10
bassboogieman

My ignore list is gonna get BIG!

I think a petition is in order to get Kevin to either do something to protect this site from spammers, or shut it down. There are not more than a few dozen regulars on here and we can certainly relocate although I'm not looking to, or suggesting, we actually do that.

I'm all for growth, but growth related to the spirt of this website, not spammers and guys who jump in to sell something and never be heard from again. We've had several "new" members recently that are productive and welcome additions, but we also have had many of the opposite and it's those that need to be identified and weeded out. The former we need, the latter we can certainly do without.

Maybe Kevin has joined the Honey Badger family (hey, that would make me his cousin) and just doesn't give a crap anymore. Whatever the case, I am just about fed up with it. A firewall, a few simple guidelines and a moderator or two should be sufficient. I liked the suggestion to require a "member" to have 25 posts prior to access to the "for sale" forum, that will eliiminate the one shot hucksters. If moderator's are acceptable, they should have direct access to Kevin, for purposes disipline of members that get out of line, I'm not sure that power should be granted to a moderator (although I find that power acceptable in the hands of a few regulars I think could handle it).

Whatever the case, I'm getting less happy with the way this site is being administered and the only thing keeping me here are the friends I've made and wish to maintain contact with.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 12:40 PM   #11
nofearengineer

Buttman and his trusty sidekick Knobbin are not winning any hearts and minds here.
Old 10-03-12, 05:45 PM   #12
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Like I said during the last attack, everyone is welcome to the use basschat.yuku.com forum for as long as they like, or permanently, or whatever. Most forum sections already have moderators assigned and I will assign more as needed. And I can't even disappear on you guys, too many of you have my phone number!

Oh, and Bruce, there is a 100 post count minimum to use the classified section. It really does help a lot and gives people more confidence when buying/selling. It's worked great over at TT.

BB

Last edited by BigBassin144; 10-03-12 at 06:01 PM.
BigBassin144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 07:46 PM   #13
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Just let me know if that is where we go...I think BAMA and a few others have my phone #. I am all set up over there too. Would be nice for all this bull S#%T to be done with.
Old 10-03-12, 11:23 PM   #14
lilmule

Naw you aint alone,figure he had help,but like many lifes a gamble.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.