Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-12, 07:59 PM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Bob Costas is an AZZHAT

I actually turned off the Eagles vs Cowboys game Sunday night after his half time anti-gun commentary. Specifically his blatant false, misleading, and incendiary comments that: IF BELCHER DID NOT HAVE A HAND GUN THEY WOULD BOTH STILL BE ALIVE - he does not know that and it would be highly unlikely. It's a dam shame what happened, but it was not the gun's fault. What bullcrap, guns do NOT kill people, you can hold a gun in your hand for eternity and it will not shoot you. Who the he!! does Costas think he is to say crap like that DURING A FOOTBALL GAME? He is entitled to his opinion and expessing it in the proper forum would be acceptable, but that crap Sunday night has really pizzed me off. I refuse from now on to watch any program that Costas is on. I think the Network should can his azz immediately.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12, 08:16 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I totally agree. Costas has always came across as a dumbass to me and that stunt he pulled lastnight pretty much proved it. There is a huge population of football fans that are calling for him to lose his job over it, and I think that any other outcome would be unfair. Hank Jr. got canned for a lot less. I am always amazed at how stupid people are that think that guns are the problem. Look around your house and see how many things could be used as lethal weapons, and I'm not talking about knives and baseball bats here. The bottom line is Belcher was a scum bag for what he did, and the gun was only the tool he chose to accomplish his cowardly act. He wanted to kill that girl and if nothing else he would have beat her to death.
Old 12-03-12, 08:32 PM   #3
Marty

Quote:
Costas has always came across as a dumbass to me
Well, he's filthy rich, earning millions per year, and we're not, so he's probably not that awful dumb.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12, 08:49 PM   #4
bcklash

They'll probably give that azzsucking scumbag POS a raise.
Old 12-03-12, 08:49 PM   #5
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

IMO, Costas is a friggin' government puppet! I bet if one was to dig deep enough he would be tied into Hilary Clinton and her anti-gun clan. To boot that SOB took air time for a football game and used his position as a commentator to spread his semantics. I am completely dumbfounded that NBC hasn't said anything about his dumb@$$ being reprimanded. Then again I've been avoiding all NBC networks and as usual I avoid the media period. This just helps solidify my reasons for avoiding it.
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12, 09:13 PM   #6
bamabassman

i totatly agree with oyu guys. costas SHOULD have had his little rant somewhere else. hopefully they will do something, but i doubt it.
Old 12-03-12, 09:47 PM   #7
Jrob78

Something else happened on Saturday regarding a NFL team employee. I haven't heard nearly as much about it but a Cleveland Browns grounds keeper hung himself in a Browns equipment shed, he was discovered on Sunday. I only mention this to illustrate that it doesn't take a gun to kill one's self or someone else. The fact that 2 NFL employees committed suicide (and murder) on the same day shows that guns aren't the issue. The Browns ground keeper should still be alive, right?? He didn't have a gun.

The idea that more strict gun control will make the nation safer is completely absurd, on so many levels. Criminals will always have guns, regardless of what laws are in place. Fortunately, things are going in the right direction. More states have concealed carry laws in place than ever before. Castle Doctrine laws have been passed in a number of states and our basic right to protect ourselves, our loved ones and our property is fully intact in most states and cities.

I've never been a huge Bob Costas fan but I've always thought he was good at his job, he's never bothered me like a lot of announcers do. I've lost all respect for him after this and agree that he should be fired. Shame on NBC if they don't remove him from SNF.
Old 12-03-12, 11:39 PM   #8
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty View Post
Well, he's filthy rich, earning millions per year, and we're not, so he's probably not that awful dumb.
HAHA yeah because anyone who makes a lot of money has to be intelligent.
Old 12-04-12, 12:41 AM   #9
nofearengineer

If we'd had tougher gun laws, OJ wouldn't have shot Nicole Brown Simpson with that knife.
Old 12-04-12, 12:48 AM   #10
keithdog

I can only echo what you guys have already said. He should have been canned by now. I would bet he has a body guard who is packing heat. But HIS protection is more important than the rest of ours I suppose. He and others like him make me sick. Maybe there should be a knife mailing stunt where everyone mails a knife to him with the blade painted red along with a note about knives kill as well as guns do. Just ask OJ.
Old 12-04-12, 09:03 AM   #11
WTL

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/k...-rights-120512
Old 12-04-12, 01:02 PM   #12
Dogmatic

Wow, the comment section of this article is off the hook, can't even read it it's moving so fast. When it comes down to it, we will never know if they would both be dead now if Jovan hadn't had a gun. That's the thing about guns, for the most part, they're easy, and quick. When it comes down to regulating them more than they are...powerful lobbyist make that very difficult, for better or worse. Tragedies like this don't seem to stick in the mind's of the public for long, by the end of next week, we will have moved on, for better or worse.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 01:25 PM   #13
nofearengineer

I mostly object to the continued overuse of the word "tragedy".
Old 12-04-12, 01:44 PM   #14
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
I can only echo what you guys have already said. He should have been canned by now. I would bet he has a body guard who is packing heat. But HIS protection is more important than the rest of ours I suppose. He and others like him make me sick. Maybe there should be a knife mailing stunt where everyone mails a knife to him with the blade painted red along with a note about knives kill as well as guns do. Just ask OJ.
Excellent point Keith!
Old 12-04-12, 02:17 PM   #15
Dogmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I mostly object to the continued overuse of the word "tragedy".
Would you prefer "unfortunate event"? I think the killing of Kasndra Williams(?), and her orphaned 3 month old, or Gabby Gifford, the 9 yr old and others killed in Tuscon could be considered "tragedies", or at least their relatives and friends might feel so.(?)
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 02:34 PM   #16
nofearengineer

How about "murder?"

I'm not saying it wasn't bad. I simply wish to reserve words for their proper applications.

"Tragic" used to imply something was brought on at least in part by a fatal character flaw. Unless the woman had dealt with a lifelong addiction to dating violent guys, it wasn't "tragic".

Much the same way the 9/11 attacks weren't "tragic".
Old 12-04-12, 03:28 PM   #17
Jrob78

Quote:
trag·e·dy noun \ˈtra-jə-dē\
plural trag·e·dies
Definition of TRAGEDY
1a : a medieval narrative poem or tale typically describing the downfall of a great man b : a serious drama typically describing a conflict between the protagonist and a superior force (as destiny) and having a sorrowful or disastrous conclusion that elicits pity or terror c : the literary genre of tragic dramas
2a : a disastrous event : calamity b : misfortune
3: tragic quality or element

Examples of TRAGEDY
Her son's death was a terrible tragedy.
The situation ended in tragedy when the gunman shot and killed two students.
The biggest tragedy here is that the accident could have easily been prevented.
“Hamlet” is one of Shakespeare's best-known tragedies.
The students are studying Greek tragedy.
an actor who is drawn to tragedy
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tragedy

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.