Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-12, 08:54 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default asking for some prayers gang.

ok....some of oyu folks may have thought i got a new phone according to my posts. well i haven't, i am jsut home.

yes, as hard as it has been for me to go through this, i am now asking for some prayers. NOTHING IS WRONG WITH MY NOR LISA'S HEALTH.

i lost my job on oct 2, 2012.

i am not asking for ANY money folks. cause i am ok so far. i just ask that ya'll pray i can find me a job soon.

i have "applied" at more than 50 places. and gotten NO results or feedback of anything available in the near future. i haven't given up, jsut losing hope some.

seems no one wants a 50 yr old anymoe. and every "job" that DOES want me wants to start me out at minimun wage. i make more staying home than that. and those jobs are only part time. not worth losing my unemployment just yet.

i have a place i WANT to go very badly, but it requires me to do a LOT of traveling, which is fine with me because of the pay. it is a union job too. so don't be hating that now ok? it is a pipeliner welders helpers job. in other words i help the welder, make sure he has all the tools he needs ot weld the pipe, clean up afterwards. sometimes i will be in north dakota or portland oregon, or new york or texas. but for $20-$30 bucks an hour, time and ahlf over 40, perdiem pay....i will gladly go. my new neighbor who jsut bought a famr down the street form us is doing this and introduced me to it. she...yes SHE made over $50,00.00 last year and only worked for a little over 6 months. now if i can do this for say...9 months ayear. i will be able to retire in 10 years.

i am already VESTED in the RSA of ALABAMA. (teachers retirement systems of alalbama) i have 14 yrs and 3 months in there. called today and was told i could start drawing form that at eh age of 60 (jan.1,2021) and grand total of $545.00 a month. not a lot of money i know, but i draw this for the REST OF MY LIFE. after 14 yrs i only put in a little over $18,000.00. but i will draw out much more than that over the rest of my life. so it'll be good.

so i NEED to do this welders helper job. if i can get in, work 9 months a year for the next 10 years...i should have a nice little egg there. then lisa and i can sell this house (after her parents pass on of course) move to the lake...and relax and gripe like bruce and doc do, lol.

meanwhile, i am still looking. but there isn't much going on here in the northeast corner of the state of alabama.

yes i blame the economy, but it doesn't JSUT fall on obama. it falls on EACH AND EVERY PEROSN IN D.C. again, jsut my opion.

sorry for the long rant and sob story. jsut tired of this, too old for this too. jsut pray i find something soon ok? and thanks ahea of time folks.
Old 11-27-12, 09:09 PM   #2
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

you got it try this site jobs@americajob it is for federal jobs world wide and in your local a lot of corp of eng jobs
Old 11-27-12, 09:17 PM   #3
bcklash

Good luck John. We are praying for "OYU" John, Just remember be a proud union worker. I am. The people that hate unions, hate unions not me. I hope anyway. GOOD LUCK.
Old 11-27-12, 09:34 PM   #4
WatterBoy

Praying, John. Please keep us posted.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 10:05 PM   #5
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

You certainly have prayers coming from south central KY. I hope you find something very soon that will be the best for you and Lisa.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-12, 01:02 AM   #6
joedog

John, Lisa my prayers have been sent and will continue !
Job is a job and anyone idiot who thinks otherwise is just that....an IDIOT!

You get that job!
You will be the best right hand man that welder ever had!
Pester the hell out of them. Call and thank them for anything and everything.
Make sure they know who John is. They will see the value.
If your close enough, drive up and stop in every other day, just to say hi and see whats going on.
They WANT someone who goes above and beyond. They want someone they know is ready and able to work anytime any place.
They want someone who when they commit to something, they are ALL in no matter what the obstacles are.
That's YOU JOHN!
Show them.
I know it sounds maybe uncomfortable but you want them to know you, remember you and know you will be there now, tomorrow till the job is done.
That's YOU JOHN!
Old 11-28-12, 09:59 AM   #7
Abbeysdad

I'm with you Bama and wish you luck. I've been outta work since July 2011. I'm resigning that I may be retired. I have a bad back (degenerative disc disease) that wouldn't qualify for disability, but drastically limits what I can do...even just standing for long periods is a problem. But enough about me.
I hope you find something soon and land on yer feet. Hang in there.
Old 11-28-12, 10:31 AM   #8
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Oyu got it Bama. I hope everything pans out for you.
Old 11-28-12, 01:03 PM   #9
Jrob78

I will keep oyu in my prayers buddy. I sure hope the welder assistant thing works out for you. Keep your head up, the right thing will come along for you.
Old 11-28-12, 04:42 PM   #10
bamabassman

thanks gang. you don't know how much this helps me MENTALY. i jsut got home from "making the rounds" again. of ocurse nothing is available till MAYBE after the first of the year. but i have faith that come january i will be back to work....SOMEWHERE, SOMWHOW...jsut got to keep at it.

again, thank you all.
Old 11-28-12, 05:44 PM   #11
bassboogieman

Not happy news John, but you and Lisa are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck in job hunting, it is not easy when you hit the 50 yr mark - it's not supposed to be so, but we all know better.

AND I DON'T GRIPE.

well, maybe just a tiny bit.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-12, 08:42 PM   #12
woody

John, I'm really sorry to hear about the job loss.

I've been there too... I know the feeling my friend, so I can truly sympathize with you.

But take heart, I can also pray, and kneel beside you and Lisa, remembering also, God's promise to those who love Him...

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 KJV

When you get the time, John, take a listen.

http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-...or-good-part-1

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-12, 08:51 PM   #13
keithdog

I'm very sorry to hear all this John. I wish there was more that I could do, but you know you and Lisa will be in our prayers. I hope that this welders assistant job works out for you! It sounds like a pretty good deal. I know it would be even nicer to find something close to home. I've been looking around here for a couple years for a better job, and there just isn't much out there. And they always want to start me out for about 60% of what I get payed now. Or it's part time, or ..... you know. I'm only a phone call away buddy if you need to vent.
Old 11-28-12, 08:57 PM   #14
lilmule

One does what one must do,it pays well due to away work have to have a place to stay and sometimes travel back.
It beats selling everything you own one thing at a time for ten cents on the dollar.
Years ago went thru all that plus had to file bankruptsy chapter 13.
If assured you can get on id take it,beats trying for min wage jobs against 50 others wanting same position.
I dont think you need my prayers just yet as sounds promising what you need is talk it over with Lisa then decide.
Simply because the lord helps those who help themselves,he provides a means we choose the paths.And if im not mistaken 59 1/2 you can pull on that ira without penalties.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-12, 11:25 PM   #15
Bender

Life on the road isn't that bad as long as you have some time at home, as it sounds like that job does so I really hope you get it. I haven't talked to the company that I know in Gadsden for a long time so that probably means they aren't busy, but if you are interested in factory work I'll give them a shout to see if they are hiring.
You and Lisa are great people and I'm sure that you will make it through this.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-12, 12:24 AM   #16
bamabassman

thanks everyone. i am so glad to have TRUE friends such as ya'll. the welders helper job isn't a lock though. i am on a waiting list really. i DO want it though. with the way we are now, and the money i could make doing it...i could retire at 60 and NEVER have to work again.

and chris, YES...if there is anything you can do. i would forever be grateful. i have done factory work before, and i'd do it again. a job is what's important, and health insurance, lol.

the insurance is why i stayed witht he little city and county jobs for so long. NOT the money. wasn't any money to speak of really. and i thought i was secured in a JOB. but now i see it doesn't matter WHERE oyu work, oyu can be released at any time. politics are HORRIBLE in government jobs. i hate politics too. thought it was bad in the general workforce, but it i 1,000 times worse in government work.

but after making my "rounds" today, i DO think come january i will be "bak at the ol grind stone". or at least i pray i am.

again, thank you gang. once again....ya'll have lifted me up and helped me keep my chin up.
Old 11-29-12, 09:43 AM   #17
MIbasser

Hang in there John, something good will come along. Prayers sent!
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-12, 09:38 PM   #18
WTL

I'm praying for you John. Hope you get the job, hell I'd come visit you in Portland, take you to the Clackamas river. You will find one even if this one doesn't work out, I know you are a great worker and person, and theres still value in that, no matter how sad the times seem.
Old 11-29-12, 09:41 PM   #19
flfireman

Always willing to add you and Lisa in my prayers. Keep your head up, the right job with the right company may be a phone call away. God has a plan for everyone, it's not always visible or understood, but it's always there.
Old 11-29-12, 09:52 PM   #20
carolina-rig-01

You and Lisa certainly have our prayers John. This economy is horrible and it seems like it is usually the good hardworking people that get the short end of the stick while the lazy people who don't want to work come out smelling like a rose. Keep your head up buddy, you are a good hard working guy and someone will see the value in having you on their payroll.
Old 11-29-12, 10:13 PM   #21
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Prayers Sent. Tough all over.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-12, 11:37 PM   #22
Bassboss

So sorry to hear John. As you know our family's be down that road as well. It's tough, but with faith and a little good fortune you guys will pull through I promise. I'll be praying for you and Lisa bud, hope everything goes well!
Old 11-30-12, 11:03 PM   #23
bamabassman

again, thank oyu ALL. i think after the first of the year things will get better.
Old 12-01-12, 05:10 PM   #24
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

John, So sorry to hear about this! We'll keep you and Lisa in your thoughts and prayers.

BB
Old 12-02-12, 03:49 AM   #25
nofearengineer

John, keep slugging away at it. I know things will work out for you and Lisa. Nobody deserves it more.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.