Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-05, 12:44 AM   #26
Skeeter
BassFishin.Com Active Member

YBM,

One thing I would suggest for you, as it sounds like you're a true beginner to Bass fishing, is to not try to "learn" too many things all at once. While versitility is something I'm sure almost everyone on here wants to attain or has attained, it just wont come in 1 or 2 years of fishing experience.

My suggestion would be this: you sound as if you've got a little bit of tackle geared towards soft plastic. Concentrate on learning how how to use this; ie: rigging it, where to fish it, what kind of structure to target and proper colors and weights for the conditions at the time.

These guys/gals on here will fill you with great advice. They're very knowledgeable and most know what they're talking about. However, don't try and do too much to soon. Try and have some success with one approach before trying to learn 3 new ones. I think you'll find that your interest will only grow if you have some early success with learning soft plastics. Not to say that its the best method neccesarily, but IMO, it's probably the easiest to learn in the beginning. I'm sure others may dissagree but thats what makes this forum so good.

Finally, it sounds as if you've got a ML or M action rod. You can use this for soft plastics but a MH would probably be the most ideal for this application. You may find yourself getting broke off by fish getting into cover/structure but don't get frustrated.

Skeeter
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-05, 09:34 AM   #27
Hillbilly Hooker
BassFishin.Com Member

YBM,
As an adult newbie to bassin', I'd suggest you also look at the Yum plastic worms. My favorite is the Yum 'Dinger' in a 4". I've read about others having lots of success with these too. Yum is the manufacturer of the plastics and "Dinger" is one of many plastic worms, etc. that they make. I'm experimenting with lots of baits (crankbaits, spinners, etc.) but the Yum Dinger is still my most productive and definately my 'go to' bait when nothing else is working.
Hillbilly Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-05, 03:21 PM   #28
Longworm
BassFishin.Com Member

Best advice I can give.............Go fishing......Try everything mentioned above but dont be afraid to try your own things too....Keep what works and remember what does'nt for tommorow it may.....Good Luck........Also get a second job....Bass Fishing is more addictive than any drug out there Have fun
Longworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-05, 03:23 PM   #29
Longworm
BassFishin.Com Member

Try to become proficent with a texas rig....you can then fish worms, lizards and tubes as well as flukes just to mention a few which will give you an "aresenal" if you will and will build on your t rigging strength...
Longworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-05, 11:52 PM   #30
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

hey youngbassman im pretty young too actually im the sameage as you and ihave been fishing since i was five(not bass but still i been around it)i would start with the wacky rigging technique,really good and easy to use

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.