Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-07, 02:44 PM   #1
GUIDE-Jeff Kirkwood
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Lake Fork Report

Lake Fork

Water Temp: 80 - 83
Water Clarity: Clear

For the first time since the third week of March I feel confident in what I’m about to state. Fishing on Lake Fork is finally becoming more consistent!!! This has been the hardest spring I have ever encountered since becoming a full-time angler, be as a guide or tournament angler! We’ve simply had too many fronts with too much rain for the fish to bite like they should. And now that the rain is subsiding the fishing is much more consistent. For the most part this report is much like the last report except for one exception…a 1/4oz. chrome/black Rat-L-Trap. This should be a bait you should keep tied on for the remainder of the summer months as it “WILL” put some fish on the end of your line!

Pop’rs & torpedo’s have been the bait of choice, fished over hydrilla and other grasses and right up against the shore-line weed-line. Pay special attention to the bait and the ripple on the water, meaning the faster the ripple the faster you need to work the bait. The slower the ripple, the slower you work your bait. If the cloud cover remains you can throw topwaters all day long.

Once the cloud cover is out or the topwater bite is over switch over to a Bandit 100 Series in a Baby Bream or a Chartreuse Shad. Wacky-rigs are still working well in Red Bug. Secondary points and main lake banks are the key areas to hit and make sure you have plenty of vegetation around.

Also, the jig bite is on and doing very well! Good numbers and size have been coming in the boat. If you want to learn how to fish a jig now is the time to come and this bite should remain until early July, if not longer.

The deep bite is picking up, especially around the main lake points with wood cover and even on the areas leading to the creeks. Red Bug or watermelon red on a Carolina-rig with working best. Swim baits and spoons are working in the same areas. The best way to start looking for the deeper bite is to find water depth around 8 to 15 feet deep, covering that first break-line. Then moving deeper as the day progresses.

The pictures of some of our catch are on the 2007 “Fat Girls” page on my site, www.fishinwithjeff.com. All of the fish pictured are of fish over 4 pounds, unless it is a child or woman. However, in a lot of cases those pictures will exceed that barrier throughout the year.

· If you are looking to buy a Nitro bass boat or a Nitro fish/ski boat I have Nitro gift certificates that can save you from $250.00 to $500.00. Just let me know you want or need one and I’ll see to it that I get it to you.

If I can be of more help or assistance regarding a trip or “Bassin’ Class” please contact me at 972-636-7022 / 800-965-0350 or by e-mail at jeff@jeffkirkwood.com. My web site, www.fishinwithjeff.com. If your club, organization or church is looking for a guest speaker I’d be happy to come just give me a call and we’ll get it on the calendar.

It’s that time of year to start looking at your calendar for guide trips for winter and spring. The earlier you book your date the easier it will be to get the date(s) you want. I have dates available if you’re looking for a FULL-TIME guide. Available dates through June; June – 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 22, 25 - 30. So, should you want to become one of my many valued customers and a great group of fishermen give me a call, I’d be honored to be your guide. UNTIL NEXT TIME…GOOD LUCK & TIGHT-LINES!!!

Proud Sponsors of Jeff & his guide service: All Star Rods, Amsoil, Bandit Lures, KeelShield, Mercury Marine, Nitro Boats, Pflueger Reels, Rat-L-Trap, Scum Frog, Shakespeare Fishing Line, “The” Bass Fishing Forum.com, Xcite Baits.
GUIDE-Jeff Kirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.