Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-07, 03:59 PM   #26
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Carpy, A grammar is married to your grampaw, or to dear old grand dad.It varies as to which one you have.Sometimes a grammar can be referred to as grammy, grammaw, nanna..... Carpy, the neighbor gots a new litter of kittens, wuz wonderin' if snow holler needs another kitten , or 2.Been having bear problems lately.It likes birdseed, knocks the bird feeders to the ground, tears the feeders all to hell.I took the bird feeders down and last night the bear was lookin' in the window of the house pushed his nose through the screen on the window.I keep the bird seed in a pail in the room where he was at ?He keeps it up and I am going to reload a shotshell full of birdseed and give it to him with both barrels loaded.Maybe once, or twice of that, he anit gonna want no more birdseed ? Dutch, the neighbors coon hound lit into his azz a week before, the bear whupped him every which ways.Old dutch might be referred to as tripod now.He anit been able to use his hind leg since the fight.Caint figure it out dutch couldn't hunt coon on his own, just a me too dog, will run coon all night long providing bell, or jet gets the trail started, but the idiot dutch took to bear hunting all on his own ? Well things are normal as they can be here on wheeler Hill. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-07, 08:09 PM   #27
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

JackL,
I hear what you're saying.
It was nice 'lil rant tho and I learned that the punctuation mark (!) irritates
flyrod rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-07, 04:12 AM   #28
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
JackL,
I hear what you're saying.
It was nice 'lil rant tho and I learned that the punctuation mark (!) irritates
flyrod rofl
The over-use of ANY punctuation mark is a thorn in my side. On the other hand I tend to spend a lot of commas foolishly. One of these days my 'puter is going to run out of them and then whatever shall I do?
The over-use of exclamation marks reminds me of Ol' Aesop's tale of the boy who cried "WOLF!!!". Finallly, folks quit rushing to the scene when the kid played his little prank. When a hungry lupine DID appear no one paid heed and the kid (or his sheep, I've forgotten which,) wound up as the Friday Special. Whether the wolf ordered fries with that is unknown to this day.
This particular board is not the worst, so far as "!" abuse is concerned. That honor, thus far, falls to BBC. Still, we are in second place and closing fast.
I started this mixed-result thread after struggling to decipher and decode a post that pretty much defied comprehension. T'was not the first such post, I might add. The ensuing merriment has been friendly, entertaining, and, one hopes, beneficial.
Well, I'm sick as a dog just now and haven't the strength to ramble further. Before crawling under the porch to die (if I can locate a trailer park,) I want to thank all who participated in this little discussion.

As ever,

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-07, 11:35 AM   #29
Bo Dale James Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Just wanted to add my two cents worth; I concur
Old 06-17-07, 11:51 AM   #30
CarpMan

LET US NOT CLOSE THIS VERRY IMPORTANT DISCUSSION…I would like to disect these "punkuations marks" fur dis group. Starting with this little question (?) Theres lots a times when and whur we must use this little mark (?) Mainly at the end of a direct question. Do not use dis mark (?) at the end of an indirect questionaire ( EXAMPLE) Now I wondur ifn FlyRod is gonna run fur Giovernment of Teexez…… Anothur EXAMPLE is the “RHETORICAL QUESTION” Should have a (?) at the end. These are just sum of da examples fur the queationaire mark. Theres lots more to lurn about this little circle hook looking thing, but we cant lurn everything at once, so we will go on to lessun NUMBER (2) And dat is the (APASTOL V)( ’)Notice the way I spelled ( APOSTAL V) “Wrongth”! Use this little thing when u wunt to cheat and leve letters out, called (CONTRACTIONS) Example= She is, OR She’s a Looker, Or She would have been a looker= Or she would,ve been a looker ifn that danged ole train had or hadn't hit her smack dab in the face ….. Are you getting it yet ? Notice how I put that questionaire mark at the end of that question… Now to this little Hickeydo. It is called an (EXCLAMATION POINT) here it is (!) Do not furget to use it at the end of a comand. ( EXAMPLE) “no! JB yelled. “don’t teech it that way!”. And thurs lots more to lurn about this litle tear drop, but we’ll get back to the meat of the meal later… Now lets scoot over to the (QUOTATION Marks) Here da are (“ ”) Use dese little marks when you use quoted language or sentences…. Now these are some of the more important marks that we wunt to try and use on our “bassfishen” forum….. I will get back with more of these marks at a later date, but as for now, Polly wunts me to go “Carpfishen” and I must go, cause she is da “BOSS” enjoy da lesson….. CarpMan from Snow hollow. P/S Sum of my wurds may be mispeled.

Last edited by CarpMan; 06-17-07 at 12:36 PM.
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-07, 01:53 PM   #31
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

My sister constantly uses the "word" irregardless. It drives me crazy, it doesn't make sense!

I hate when people say "I could care less," NO, it's "I couldn't care less."

Irregardless, I could care less if you guys want to seem stupid to people you will probably never meet. I never use spell check because I'm not stupid.

My respect for FlyRod has increased because of this thread.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.