Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-07, 09:43 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default braid vs. mono

Denny and me just put the boat up and got home and Hudson is in the pond swimming, So, I have time to give tonights fishing report.
We had a 3 week drought and 90 degree weather, so nobody I knew had been out much, including us, it was nice to get back on the water.
Denny threw the ribbit and buzzbait tonight, I had the horny toad and buzzbait.
The fish wanted nothing to do with the buzzbait, this being after a good day of rain for the first time in June,
They did show their faces on the frog bite tho, and I got to see and hear the ribbet doing its thing. We got about 6-7 14 inchers tonight a some short fish.
On my quantum baitcaster I hadn't noticed that the braid I tied on two years ago only had about 50 yards left till it was tied on to mono that backfilled the spool.
I broke off after a long cast and was left with only mono, something I hadn't fished with all year, but had it on my frog rod setup.
So after re tieing we got more casts in, the first thing I noticed was the mono was smoother in casting and reeling, but my MAIN concern was it was going to break, something that never has happened to me with braid. I got several more fish just swimming the toad and letting them run with it before I set the hook and no more broken line, but I am sure going to buy more tomorrow and put it on, mainly for the confidence level I've enjoyed with braid.
Towards the later part of the evening I switched to some crankbait fishing and got 3 fish, but only one to the boat....I had some dull trebs and got out the trusty file and touched them up(should have done that before I got to the boat huh?)
It sure was great to get out, makes ya forget about all the stupid shyt that bugs ya.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.