Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-11, 08:36 PM   #1
SaminVa
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Yesterday afternoon

Spent the AM getting the H-Bird 798 installed on my boat & then went to a local 50 acre lake close by to try it out.... man that unit is sweet...
it'll take me a while to get used to all the bells & whistles.
I ended up locating fish & catching 6 on the silver buddy in about 17 ft of water.. water temp was 42*. I lost a nice one on a rattletrap.
SaminVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 08:47 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I had a side imaging unit on the Ranger I traded in last spring. Buying it was the smartest thing I have ever done, leaving it on the boat when I traded it off was one of the dumbest things I have ever done. I will be adding one to my Triton asap!

Congrats on the new unit! You will love it and they aren't that hard to get the hang of, they are very user friendly.
Old 02-08-11, 07:23 AM   #3
SaminVa
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Next time out I'll take some screen shots & post them... was happy to just be catching
fish..
SaminVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 10:50 AM   #4
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
I had a side imaging unit on the Ranger I traded in last spring. Buying it was the smartest thing I have ever done, leaving it on the boat when I traded it off was one of the dumbest things I have ever done. I will be adding one to my Triton asap!
You traded a Ranger for a Triton? Guys, I think I've found the most intelligent guy in the world!

Seriously, they are both great boats as are most still in production. All my 'glass boats have been Triton, my best fishing buddy has always had a Ranger, and there is no shortage of busting on each other when we're on the water - all in good fun.

That was a tough break leaving a SI unit go with the trade in, I would have asked for an electronics swap by the dealer prior to picking up the boat, but you can always upgrade.

I'm switching over from Lowrance 2D units as soon as the stupid snow melts and it gets a tad warmer. I also have a 798, and after reading the manuals, and watching the CD I decided to switch out the helm uint also - I have an 1197cSI comming, should be here tomorrow. I'm itching to get them installed and give them an on-the-water trial.

Looking forward to seeing screen shots, from you guys that already have one of these units.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 10:54 AM   #5
nofearengineer

Monkey bites itch far worse than mosquito bites.
Old 02-08-11, 02:01 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
You traded a Ranger for a Triton? Guys, I think I've found the most intelligent guy in the world!

Seriously, they are both great boats as are most still in production. All my 'glass boats have been Triton, my best fishing buddy has always had a Ranger, and there is no shortage of busting on each other when we're on the water - all in good fun.

That was a tough break leaving a SI unit go with the trade in, I would have asked for an electronics swap by the dealer prior to picking up the boat, but you can always upgrade.

I'm switching over from Lowrance 2D units as soon as the stupid snow melts and it gets a tad warmer. I also have a 798, and after reading the manuals, and watching the CD I decided to switch out the helm uint also - I have an 1197cSI comming, should be here tomorrow. I'm itching to get them installed and give them an on-the-water trial.

Looking forward to seeing screen shots, from you guys that already have one of these units.
Yeah I had a 19' Ranger with a 200 Mercury Optimax on it. I was wanting a bigger boat anyways but when the Optimax blew it's powerhead and I had it rebuilt I decided to get rid of her. I traded her off and we bought a Triton 21X. The 21X is a rocket and it rides 100% better than that Ranger did. Ranger makes a good boat but I just don't think they are worth the price difference. There are a lot of boat companies out there who makes boats that will out run, out fish, and out ride a Ranger and not cost you as much as that Ranger will..............I still haven't figured out what makes Ranger worth so much money.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.