Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-12, 01:00 PM   #1
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Rebel Frog R

Purchased a few of these the other day, have not had a chance to fish them yet but they looked interesting enough for me to purchase.

Anyone used or heard anything about them?

Old 02-29-12, 01:39 PM   #2
joedog

Got some too.
They look great to me.
Probably be awhile before any real feedback from me.
Not sure but I don't think they actually hit stores till after I-Cast so the southern folks are probably the only folks to really give them a good workout?

So I'll be waiting on yours.
Old 02-29-12, 01:48 PM   #3
Tavery5

They look good, they sit kinda different in the water, with the tail end submerged and the line tie just below the water line.

Buddy of mine said that the walk very easy, guess I will find out soon enough.
Old 02-29-12, 02:05 PM   #4
WatterBoy

I just ordered one from Cabela's earlier this week, but I'll be lagging behind even Joe before I can try mine out. I have not heard anything about them, but I thought they looked cool and I needed to spend a little more to get up to the threshold for my $20 off coupon to kick in. So I bought one Frog R and a Lucky Craft G-Splash to get me there...in a way making these two items "free."
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-12, 09:07 PM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

where's the legs? for real, not joking. looks funny without legs.
Old 02-29-12, 09:09 PM   #6
Tavery5

They were victims of the annual Wichita frog hunt and fry. I find it very offensive that you would make fun of handicapped amphibians.
Old 02-29-12, 09:11 PM   #7
bamabassman

lmbo!! now taves, that was funny. so really, how do oyu retrieve it? like a spook? or like a spro?
Old 02-29-12, 09:24 PM   #8
Tavery5

It is a walking type bait, so more like a spook. Glad I made you laugh.
Old 02-29-12, 10:26 PM   #9
kennethdaysale

We talked about these on a frog thread during the winter while extoling the virtues of $30 frogs. The local Dicks has got a gutload(that's 36% more than a buttload) of them on an endcap....3.99
Old 02-29-12, 10:32 PM   #10
Tavery5

I think these were like $4 maybe a little more, but not much, maybe like 4.49 or something, but I am sure it was not $30. Definately much closer to $4. Do the ones that cost $30 come with extra legs? Because 30 is allot more than 4. Not sure if 30 is 36% more than 4 but it would have to be close, because 30-4 =26, and you could still buy like 6 more frogs for 26, because 6 X 4 = 24. Still less than 30 but more than 4.
Old 02-29-12, 10:48 PM   #11
kennethdaysale

no no no ...we were talking about high end frogs like this
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/AR_Lu...ge-ARLARF.html
Old 02-29-12, 10:57 PM   #12
Tavery5

Those are cool, but these are crazy cool and cost like 40. Damn that is as much as a good fishing combo.

Old 02-29-12, 11:01 PM   #13
kennethdaysale

[QUOTE=Tavery5;374089]Those are cool, but these are crazy cool and cost like 40. Damn that is as much as a good fishing combo.

Just refuse to let go of that....like a focused bull dog with a death grip on the end of an old beach towel swingin round and round
Old 02-29-12, 11:04 PM   #14
Tavery5

Don't know what you mean, the direction of these forums have turned to funny quippy type posts and people who are passionate about wal-mart.
Old 02-29-12, 11:18 PM   #15
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
Don't know what you mean, the direction of these forums have turned to funny quippy type posts and people who are passionate about wal-mart.
Aw T there's lot's of serious discussions going on every day. There are however lots of funny quippy type posts and posters here that may be more interested in quips and funnies than learning or teaching anything about really fishing. In my brief time here I have learned a lot of stuff or at least looked at techniques and habits and gear from other peoples perspective. But let's face it, like it or not, this is just another form off social media...OH WELL what you gonna do? I can't tell you how many times I've laughed till I cried reading some of this stuff....it's all good. The only minor irritation for me is new members and kids who couldn't break 1000 on an SAT score in their wildest dreams, relentlessly posting stupid stuff. Names withheld to avoid hurt feelings.
Old 02-29-12, 11:29 PM   #16
Tavery5

Well I agree with what you say, but will add that there are sites for people who like to do these other things. Fishing sites are most often associated with fishing, and to grow and become a better site, you need to attract new people who want to learn and experienced people who are willing to share.

If a fishing forum becomes more about other things, then that is the type of people that it will attract, birds of a feather flock together, do you goto tacklewarehouse to shop for shoes, do you visit a cooking site to discuss politics or religion.

I guess I am just saying that at one time this site was full of knowledgeable people who openly shared great information about fishing. I see less and less of these people sharing their opinions and experience now and have to read through 20 posts of non-related material just to be criticized by someone who truely believes that a 30 dollar rod is as good as a G-loomis.

If you want a social site visit facebook, BASSFISHIN.COM the name says allot.

Last edited by Tavery5; 03-01-12 at 02:00 AM.
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 12:20 AM   #17
kennethdaysale

I understand what your saying. I participate in a forum devoted to Ford Trucks and for a long time it was pretty focused, then as time went on it became a lot like this. A core group of people that had grown comfortable with each other and began to just talk about whatever and have fun. Besides..how long till you realize that there really isn't anything new under the sun or just get plain sick and tired of explaing why F150's are prone to blow plugs?

For clarity I wasn't trying to be mean to people that can't spell or frame a proper sentence or thought. It's just frustrating to try and read some of that jibberish and I worry that when they try to get a job they're going to find out the hard way that they should have taken school a little more seriously.
Old 03-01-12, 01:40 AM   #18
joedog

The Abilene paradox is a paradox in which a group of people collectively decide on a course of action that is counter to the preferences of any of the individuals in the group.[1][2][3] It involves a common breakdown of group communication in which each member mistakenly believes that their own preferences are counter to the group's and, therefore, does not raise objections. A common phrase relating to the Abilene paradox is a desire to not "rock the boat".

I'm learning...how ever slowly.
Toney I truely do ALWAYS look forward to your great knowledge and experience and willingness to help.
I also appreciate your sincere honesty.
But you sometimes confuse me. You read alot of threads and posts but always seem to never miss a Non-Fishing related post. Why?
Today alone you had like FIVE one liners and some in the Serious Discussion areas. Some were very FUNNY. Including the one from this post! Some people find humor in alot of different forms. Some in ALL forms. But I think we all maybe quilty of exactly what you expressed YOU didn't want to happen here.
You seem to really enjoy fishing and you know your stuff. Again I personally thank you!
I'm a knowledge nut and truely do seek knowledge.
Ya Ken, I don't prove it very well or type it well.
Yes I do truely enjoy your posts (Ken) and especially when I am the recipient of your good nature.
I've been to many a learning seminar that was full of information but I never went back because of the dryness of the teacher.
Others weren't maybe as knowledgable but thru thier delivery of the information I actually retained a great deal more and with a smile, shared the gained knowledge to others.
I've had a little education and I've had a few experiencies and I'm not really out to prove anything to anyone. Where I'm at in life, I just flat out don't give a hoot who likes or dislikes me or my input.
I follow or visit alot of forums due to my early morning activities and I run across frequent humor on almost all. That includes some very serious Tounament forums. I followed this one well over a year before ever posting.
Why did a decide to join....because I felt this was a site that had a tremendous amount of knowledge, insite and the willingness to share with a grin and smile.

Now in great sense of hesitation I just got to say, " In school I NEVER could address the 'teacher' by thier first name!

I can rock the boat because I'm a 'Shore Buster' currently!

Toney, I'll see you in the morning. Ya, alot of times are signing in when I'm signing out. Man, your an early riser. Sometimes when I feel I need more info on a post I'll even hang on longer to see if you pick the thread I want more from early in your days adventure. Dang if sometimes a get nothing more than a smile or a great laugh from your posts. And that I truely appreciate too!
My life would be so much simplier if I could suffer from that dang 'paradox'.
I have gotten shoes at GANDER......
Hey, everyone have a great day, please!

Last edited by joedog; 03-01-12 at 01:48 AM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 02:28 AM   #19
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
I understand what your saying. I participate in a forum devoted to Ford Trucks and for a long time it was pretty focused, then as time went on it became a lot like this. A core group of people that had grown comfortable with each other and began to just talk about whatever and have fun. Besides..how long till you realize that there really isn't anything new under the sun or just get plain sick and tired of explaing why F150's are prone to blow plugs?

For clarity I wasn't trying to be mean to people that can't spell or frame a proper sentence or thought. It's just frustrating to try and read some of that jibberish and I worry that when they try to get a job they're going to find out the hard way that they should have taken school a little more seriously.
It is rather unfortunate that some of those incoherent, gibberish, rather idiotic posts have turned into some of the more productive threads recently. It illustrates a sad state of affairs. I'm not sure what bothers me more, the poster who is either too careless, too stupid or too lazy to proofread posts and try to make them remotely understandable or the incessant questions about every single solitary thought that pops into their brain. Have people lost the ability to think for themselves or have an intelligent conversation with logic and reasoning?
Old 03-01-12, 02:41 AM   #20
Tavery5

Joedog, I am impressed that you took the time to look it up. The Abilene Paradox, is a strange phenomenon that occurs somewhat often in business environments. There is so much pressure to be part of the team that the voice of the individual is lost.

Conflict is generally perceived as a bad thing, but in the right situations it is a tool to open the door for learning. I would rather participate with a group that is passionate and speak their minds than a group that just drinks the company cool-aide, so to speak.

Joe, thanks for the nice things that you said, it means allot. I want to share something with you, allot of what I know is a direct reflection of my involvement with this site and the willingness of many knowledgeable people here to share their opinions and experience.
The thing that concerns me is many of the people that I respect for their knowledge both fishing and otherwise have participated allot less lately. Guys like Jrob, C-rig, Nofear, BB144, CamG, Pro Reel, Bubba, Waffle, rrw4258, Watterboy, Bcklash, Woody, Keithdog and a host of others that I have both shared with and learned from. We have not always seen eye to eye on things but I feel comfortable saying that we respect each other and value each others input.
I am going to end by saying that if you can get one of these guys to provide input on a topic, it is worth listening, they know their stuff, if you want to learn more about fishing start a topic and solicit their opinion. These guys are a valuable resource that I hope this site never loses.

Last edited by Tavery5; 03-01-12 at 03:01 AM.
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 02:44 AM   #21
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
It is rather unfortunate that some of those incoherent, gibberish, rather idiotic posts have turned into some of the more productive threads recently. It illustrates a sad state of affairs. I'm not sure what bothers me more, the poster who is either too careless, too stupid or too lazy to proofread posts and try to make them remotely understandable or the incessant questions about every single solitary thought that pops into their brain. Have people lost the ability to think for themselves or have an intelligent conversation with logic and reasoning?

Joe, I think I feel the same way, but as usual you put it into words allot better than I could have.

Thanks
Old 03-01-12, 02:57 PM   #22
IUbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Just had an idea... I am sure they make them but a frog crankbait? Mainly for shallow silt and sand.... coming off of shore and bumping them around the bottom to stir up some sand and such.... hmmmm
IUbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 04:08 PM   #23
jig fisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:

Joe, thanks for the nice things that you said, it means allot. I want to share something with you, allot of what I know is a direct reflection of my involvement with this site and the willingness of many knowledgeable people here to share their opinions and experience.
The thing that concerns me is many of the people that I respect for their knowledge both fishing and otherwise have participated allot less lately. Guys like Jrob, C-rig, Nofear, BB144, CamG, Pro Reel, Bubba, Waffle, rrw4258, Watterboy, Bcklash, Woody, Keithdog and a host of others that I have both shared with and learned from. We have not always seen eye to eye on things but I feel comfortable saying that we respect each other and value each others input.
I am going to end by saying that if you can get one of these guys to provide input on a topic, it is worth listening, they know their stuff, if you want to learn more about fishing start a topic and solicit their opinion. These guys are a valuable resource that I hope this site never loses.
Whenever I do a search in the forums for information it is often their names, and a few others that provide the most helpful and useful information. Anyone else who has done some searches has probably noticed what you said and I often find a lot of good information from posts that are 2+ years old from members that hardly visit or don't at all anymore.
jig fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-12, 05:16 PM   #24
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
AWWW Shucks, we need a blushing smiley LOL. I hear what both of you are saying and honestly I think I agree with both of you. Personally I am consumed with fishing to the point of it probably being unhealthy. Outside of my family there is nothing in my life even close to being as important to me as fishing. I don't want this to come out the wrong way but I feel like I am above average as an angler and also as far as fishing knowledge goes. I am not claiming to be the best or know the most, not even out of the members on this site. There are a host of guys on this site that are above average, both as anglers and other topics as well. A lot of that I owe to learning experiences on the water and also a lot of that is because of this site as well as a few others. The irony to me is that sometimes I come to this site and never even look at a single post that isn't in the non fishing related forum. I guess I like to hear jokes or talk real world topics with guys who are like minded. I mean as fisherman we all, or I guess I should say for the most part all of us share the same type of sense of humor and usually have the same point of view on most topics. I wish I could be on here more than what I have been lately. But with us building the house and also me needing to find a job with March 30th being the day that my employer closes its doors, I have been spread pretty thin lately. I also think that possibly the reason that there hasn't been as much fishing talk on here lately is because there isn't as much fishing being done. I have noticed just like Tony that there hasn't been much fishing talk on here lately but I always assumed it would pick up once spring got here, at least I hope it does.
Old 03-06-12, 11:12 AM   #25
MississippiBoy

Tony, I hear what you're saying, and I agree up to a certain point. This site has a ton of information on it, between Kevin's videos, his emails/newsletters, etc., and even more in this forum. There's 10+ years of searchable information on here, from some extremely knowledgable and experienced anglers. Zooker comes to mind as #1, but Reb, 1fastlaser, pignjig, BobSmith, and a bunch of others have been (or in some cases, were) participating for a long, long time, and have shared a lot of knowledge for all to see.
To me, this site has typically been more about the people involved in it versus the information contained in it. That's not to say I think that it should turn into Facebook or Myspace or something, but I think that the interactions we have between members is important and healthy to the forum. Message boards always have their own personalities, an amalgamation of the members that post on it, and their individual personalities.
I do agree that there are a lot of posts that don't have any particular purpose, and that some members tend to "talk to themselves" when they post something. Matter of fact, a few years ago, Kevin really tried to focus down on the posting pretty severely. He banned a few long time members (1 or 2 of whom I listed above) temporarily, or restricted them from posting on the "Serious" topics for such infractions as misspelled words, poor grammar, and derailing threads. THAT went over like a ton of bricks, and he soon backed off. He would also try to get people to expand on their ideas more, by asking open-ended questions to their original post. Like if someone asked "What's the best 7" worm?" in the thread topic, someone else would respond with "Culprit." Kevin would quote the "Culprit." post, and ask, "Why do you feel the Culprit worm is the best 7" worm?" That never really worked well, probably because the answerer would kind of feel like he was being called out and asked to prove himself in front of the class. Kevin really cares a lot about this site, and wants it to really grow and seem "professional," but it's extremely difficult to herd cats, almost as tough as it is to keep a random group of individuals on a message board focused.
I don't really know what I'm trying to say here, or how to come to a conclusion......I would say my train of thought derailed, but I never really had one to begin with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
I also think that possibly the reason that there hasn't been as much fishing talk on here lately is because there isn't as much fishing being done. I have noticed just like Tony that there hasn't been much fishing talk on here lately but I always assumed it would pick up once spring got here, at least I hope it does.
I think the "winter blues" definitely play a factor in the type and number of posts this time of year. Plus there are several new members that are trying to figure out where they fit in and what's appropriate to post.
I think we can all agree that the "Non-fishing" forum is the catch-all forum, and the goofy/funny/off-topic posts should go there. But there's room for joking and ribbing and all in other places, too, just maybe not quite so much.....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.