Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-11, 06:01 PM   #26
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

thanks smitty, it is improving. i can walk onit somewhat better today. looks horrible, lol, from all the bruising though. loos worse than it feels really. swelling has gone down some too. i should be pretty well ok by the weekend. i agree wtih oyu on this kind of wound. the rusty nail did go in pretty deep. but the way it went in did not cause any nerve or muscle damage. it went in toward the heel, from right behind the ball of the foot towards the heel, if that makes sense. i did feel it go between the big toe and next toe bones. instead of an inch, it may have gone in 1 1/2"s ? i looked at the nail and it doesn't have any flesh on it, hahaha. no blood or nothing. good thing it didn't have a LOT of rust too i figure. oyu know loose rust. but like i said, it feels much better now and i am able to put some pressure on it.
lisa is keeping a VERY close eye on it. she washes it out every time i go to change the bandage. peroxide goes in to boil it out, the alchol to make me scream,lol. yeah, she knows it hurts buts laughs a little about it too. me too, lol.
Old 07-19-11, 06:17 PM   #27
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
you guys ain't gonna believer this BUT............we went to wally world after the doctors visit. and YES.....i rode in one of these the whole time we were there. there was this fella who looked at me with disgust because he had to move his cart over to the side so i could pass by. i jsut smiled and said "thank you friend, it's hard to walk around with a nail hole in oyur foot." he then said,"you stepped on a nail?" i said,"yeah, went almost cmpletly through too, rusty as all get out it was." he then laughed and said, "yeah.......been there, done that myself."

ya'll..i wish now i had taken a picture of me riding around on that thing. ya'll would have busted a gut laughing i am sure. lisa thought it was funny too. i almost ran her over a coupe of times. she tends to stop without notice. she LEARNT real quick though. lol! she stayed on one side of the aisle and i on the other. we had a good time at ol wally world. the little old ladies (door greeters) didn't think it was funny so much, kept giving me the stink eye. i didn't care, had fun doing it and might go again just to ride around on one again. see what happens. if i do, i'll take pictures of it.

Well, John, Being a bonified redneck is a never ending source of entertainment! LOL (btw, "Been there done that!")
Old 07-19-11, 07:02 PM   #28
islandbass

Quote:
you guys ain't gonna believer this BUT............we went to wally world after the doctors visit. and YES.....i rode in one of these the whole time we were there. there was this fella who looked at me with disgust because he had to move his cart over to the side so i could pass by. i jsut smiled and said "thank you friend, it's hard to walk around with a nail hole in oyur foot." he then said,"you stepped on a nail?" i said,"yeah, went almost cmpletly through too, rusty as all get out it was." he then laughed and said, "yeah.......been there, done that myself."

ya'll..i wish now i had taken a picture of me riding around on that thing. ya'll would have busted a gut laughing i am sure. lisa thought it was funny too. i almost ran her over a coupe of times. she tends to stop without notice. she LEARNT real quick though. lol! she stayed on one side of the aisle and i on the other. we had a good time at ol wally world. the little old ladies (door greeters) didn't think it was funny so much, kept giving me the stink eye. i didn't care, had fun doing it and might go again just to ride around on one again. see what happens. if i do, i'll take pictures of it.
Ha! As soon as I saw that photo, I knew it was a walmart. I guess they look the same here in the Pacific Northwest.

Sorry to hear about that! We might have a twin brother connection. I was taking apart an old wooden shelf with a hammer. So, pretending to be Thor (Yeah, I'm still working on the hammers), I raised the hammer and summoned the lightning and thunder. Every smite yielded a thunderous sound that echoed o'er the Cul de Sac. I started feeling more powerful with every blow. "Fie on thee, thou heathenous villain (aka the old wooden shelf)! SMASH!!! BAM!!!! Back to the pit, demon!" BOOM! KAPOW!

Well, one piece of shelving was off at an angle and hanging loosely. I struck it with nearly full force. Unfortunately, the blow got deflected started coming toward my shin. I saw the whole thing in slow motion and reacted just a fraction of a second slow. The blow grazed my shin (could have been a direct hit) and the hit was slight, it still hurt like H-E- double hockey sticks! There was a thin piece of skin roughly the shape of the hammer's head.

I took a deep breath after the impact and almost shouted a four letter word beginning with S but I didn't. No bruise so far but probably because it was my shin that got hit.

So brother bama, you weren't alone in receiving pain this weekend although your pain was more severe. On the bright side, at least you had shoes. I shudder at the thought if you were barefoot.
Old 07-19-11, 10:31 PM   #29
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbass View Post

Sorry to hear about that! We might have a twin brother connection. I was taking apart an old wooden shelf with a hammer. So, pretending to be Thor (Yeah, I'm still working on the hammers), I raised the hammer and summoned the lightning and thunder. Every smite yielded a thunderous sound that echoed o'er the Cul de Sac. I started feeling more powerful with every blow. "Fie on thee, thou heathenous villain (aka the old wooden shelf)! SMASH!!! BAM!!!! Back to the pit, demon!" BOOM! KAPOW!

I've actually got a very clear and hilarious mental image of this battle. I bet there won't be anymore blackguard wooden shelves around your castle after what you did to that one. His sudden and ghastly demise will serve as a warning to his descendants for generations to come.....
Old 07-19-11, 11:10 PM   #30
bamabassman

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! island.....mannn i too can SEE this as it happens. i have played THOR before as a kid. and while outside when the it is about to start a thunder storm. i look up at the sky and say this line i read in a comic book years ago, "COME YEE RAINS, COME........QUENCH THE UNQUENCHABLE!" hahahaha!

i know others have done what i did. just wanted to remind everyone NOT to do it ,lol.

yeah, bob......guess i am BONAFIDE, hahahahaha!! lisa jsut looks at me and shakes her head.
Old 07-20-11, 04:08 AM   #31
islandbass

You guys are too funny! My imagination was running wild indeed until I grazed my shin.

That heathenous shelf is now in pieces in the bed of the truck awaiting the next trip to the junkyard.

As for the hammers, they've been primed with white paint and ready for the kids color.
Old 07-22-11, 10:32 AM   #32
Top Tiger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

How's the foot, John? Hopefully, getting better. Don't forget, you've still got some wiring issues waiting for you.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-11, 06:46 PM   #33
bamabassman

the foot is MUCHO better. been back to work the last 2 days now. still a little sore but dadgumit......ain't gonna rot off so's i can get me a cushy job behind a desk.lol. the bruising is almost gone now. just tender around the "hole" that hasn't closed up yet.

and yeah........been thining aobut the "issues" for some time now. me and ol ssippiboy have been talking bout it. gonna get out there in the morning and try a couple things. it is either a bad battery, or bad wires. gonna find out in the morning.

thanks for asking about me top. ol daniel kept telling me it was gonna have to be amputated, hahaha.
Old 07-24-11, 03:37 PM   #34
Bassboss

Quote:
the foot is MUCHO better. been back to work the last 2 days now. still a little sore but dadgumit......ain't gonna rot off so's i can get me a cushy job behind a desk.lol. the bruising is almost gone now. just tender around the "hole" that hasn't closed up yet.

and yeah........been thining aobut the "issues" for some time now. me and ol ssippiboy have been talking bout it. gonna get out there in the morning and try a couple things. it is either a bad battery, or bad wires. gonna find out in the morning.

thanks for asking about me top. ol daniel kept telling me it was gonna have to be amputated, hahaha.
lmao! Sounds like something my dad would say. haha. glad to hear you're going better, and getting back on your feet john.
Old 07-25-11, 12:20 PM   #35
66KingFisher

I hope your doing better big John....I remember doing something simular when I was young....buried a sixteen penny nail in the bottom of my foot too, only Daddy just had me soak it in a bucket of Karosene.....lol.....That was his "Cure all".....Gotta admit, that stuff worked wonders on cuts, punctures and busted knuckles....lol.....Although Momma did take me into get a tetnus shot the next day....lol

As you know I've been living a barefoot lifestyle for over a year now, and I finally had me a run in with some glass while helping the wife remodel a restaurant she started managing......Anyhoo, I stepped on a tiny shard of a broken drinking glass that buried in a tough part of my forefoot behind my big toe....I couldn't see it...just feel it with every step I took...Extremely irritating to say the least....Puttin on my cushy workboots (ie:flipflops) helped me finish working thru the day. And in typical Hillbilly fashion, when I got home and was able to clean up my foot, and then use a magnifying glass and an X-acto knife to dig out the glass...lol...All was better the next morning....So much fer my sore foot story....lol

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.