Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-08, 04:46 PM   #1
jooleyen
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen
Question Fiberglass + Livewell

My fiberglass boat has leaks. I have access to the interior of the fiberglass. Am I better off putting on another layer of fiberglass from the inside or using some epoxy or resin from the outside?

Also, I'm not sure how many tournaments I'll be fishing, but I'm sure I'll be needing a live-well sometime within the next two years. Can someone enlighten me on livewells? How much, best size, all of that stuff.

Thanks.

-it's time to work on the boat.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-08, 09:01 PM   #2
howghunter
BassFishin.Com Member

hi not sure about the leaks still tring to find out myself lol but as far as the live well i found a good cooler that was around 25 gal. then got one of those converson kits for it.just look for the kit that can pump in and out if you can.bass pro shop has them for around 40 bucks.
howghunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-08, 11:34 PM   #3
flfireman

I picked up a 30 gallon water tank for my boat. Plumbed it w/ intake and aerator. Works great, all below deck. used my smaller livewell as cooler or livebait well.
Old 03-11-08, 05:48 AM   #4
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooleyen View Post
My fiberglass boat has leaks. I have access to the interior of the fiberglass. Am I better off putting on another layer of fiberglass from the inside or using some epoxy or resin from the outside?

Also, I'm not sure how many tournaments I'll be fishing, but I'm sure I'll be needing a live-well sometime within the next two years. Can someone enlighten me on livewells? How much, best size, all of that stuff.

Thanks.

-it's time to work on the boat.
Ok before I jump in and get you headed in the right direction I need to know what boat you workin on and where are the leaks at. I can help you out but need to be more specific on what you are asking. Just putting on more resin is NOT the answer. Resin alone has no strenghth.
Old 03-11-08, 06:41 PM   #5
jooleyen

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Well, I'm posting for my dad here and he says he's not sure where the leaks are coming from and that he wants to put a coating of fiberglass on the inside to blanket the leaks...just to be safe.
He said he's 99% positive the boat is a RidgeLiner. (?)
It's really old.

I appreciate your guys' help.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-08, 05:05 AM   #6
1FASTLASER

Ok theree is no problem with that. Just remeber that just resin wont work. Get some lightweight matting to lay in with the resin. One piece will do. Coat the area with resin and then place the matting on the wetted area then work in some more resin. Just enough resin to work the air outta the affected area.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.