Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-05, 06:28 PM   #1
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Biosonix Technology must read!

Hey have you guys heard what KVD used in the Classic he was using a biosonix fish attracter. It is a electronic device that emits sound mimiking the sounds of baitfish and it can be adjusted to mimic different feeding sounds. Its like 600 bucks I heard and KVD said it helped him but do you think its right? I don't know? It seemed kinda unfair but everyone else could have used it.
Old 08-18-05, 06:34 PM   #2
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Where did u hear this id like to read it if u saw in on a website.
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-05, 06:35 PM   #3
Fishie

Go to Bassfan or Bassmaster it is all over the net or go and just type it in and you will see the site! I didn't here about it till today! You have to look under news on Bassfan and kevins win. Check it out
Old 08-18-05, 06:38 PM   #4
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

I dont think its fair to the fish myself................ I dont need some machine to help me catch fish............. I can do it just fine on my own............
Old 08-18-05, 06:42 PM   #5
Fishie

Well aaron only lost by 6 ounces and he wasn't using it but Kevin Van Dam is a fish catching machine never the less. He said he has been using it ever since his event on table rock and has used it in all of his consecutive wins.
Old 08-18-05, 06:46 PM   #6
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Its just a waste of money if you ask me................ A real fisherman dont need a 600 dollar machine to find the fish for him......... But thats my veiw of this thing..... Yall think what yall want to think.........
Old 08-18-05, 06:49 PM   #7
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I just wonder why all the other anglers didnt use it if they could have? Besides not liking it and needing it. Becasue they may fish for fun but its also there job and 200,000 is a lot of money and not evreyone can get lucky seems like theyd have one as a backup plan or sumthin if they arent catchin any fish.
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-05, 07:03 PM   #8
Fishie

i don't know if Kevin is sponsored by Biosonix I am sure he is. Someone check it out for us! I just wonder if it is like other calls where if it is too loud you spook them like in hunting deer.
Old 08-18-05, 07:49 PM   #9
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Not saying it doesn't help, but by him just saying he was using it, has already got lots of folks wanting to buy it LOL. If it helps and it's not against the rules, then use it. You would only be hurting yourself if you didn't. Fishing has come along way with technology, but you still got to hook em and get em to the boat, before they count. I think it's more of a marketing ploy from what I've seen, but it could work.

Dyas,
Do you see folks using depth/fish finders? Do you see folks using GPS, do you see folks using digital mapping to find spots? Point is that if it helps, and you make a living from it, then to say, I'm just too much of a OLDTIMER to use anything fancy, or that will make catching them easier is just plain old DUMB. You are always looking for a better bait, or better technique, same goes for electronics. So if you won't use any of the stuff, then you won't ever be successful in any competitions either. Use what they allow, everyone else will. Or at least the ones winning.

Lizards
Old 08-18-05, 07:58 PM   #10
lizardsrule

Here's a link to the Biosonix

http://www.biosonix.com/

It's still being discussed all over about whether or not to allow on some tournaments.

Lizards
Old 08-18-05, 08:44 PM   #11
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

i saw that thing awhile ago on a bill dance show. he was using it on his fishing show. i personally wouldnt buy it even if i had the money. it just doesnt seem nessacery. with all this new technology one day there isnt gunna be a fishing, but a catching. there probally have some kind of ''doo dad'' that you put in the water and it comes back with a fish LOL. that just doesnt seem fun for me. things like GPS and depthfinders (notice how i said depth finder instead of ''fishfinder'') are a very usefull tool that helps you locate depths, and helps you know where to go. neither increases your chances to catch fish. some might argue a depthfinder will, but the only thing it does is show water temp, and depth. that may give you an ''idea'' of where/what the fish are doing, but it doesnt make sounds in the water that simulate baitfish. but if you have the money, and need/want that ''advantage'' then go ahead and get it.
Old 08-18-05, 09:36 PM   #12
bassinbob

For 600 dollars I would rather buy new rods and reels and lures. I think they (sound machines) shouldn't be used in tournaments. I think they should take away depthfinders from tournaments. Pit the man against the fish. Even plane for everyone in the tournament. Just my opinion. Do bass come to chum? Maybe that is next - a liquid you squirt into the water to attract bass. Might as well go fish in one of those pools you see at shows that are loaded with trout. Maybe I am being to cynical, but i guess it's the money.

bob
Old 08-18-05, 09:43 PM   #13
JB

The last 15 years on tv you'll see commercials for crankbaits that were supposed to throw an electronic sound that attracks fish, funny how you never see anyone use them or even being sold anymore.
I can imagine they have refined that idea to some state of the art device that works, but why not just throw dynamite out there and scoop the bass up? hmm
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-05, 07:53 AM   #14
Fishie

Well if I had the money and it was legal and I was on tour with KVD I would buy one if the thing works to get a edge but come on! 600 bucks! I think you are goin to have to have some money or be a tournament angler in order to use it.
Old 08-19-05, 05:01 PM   #15
zooker

think it is a waste of money my self. i don't care if they pump out enough sound to stun the fish. 75% of my fishing is as far out as i can cast a lure. haveing seen these things the speaker-emmiter - is not powerful enough imo to push sound waves more than 20 or so feet through water . sure sound travels in water better than the air. water also magnifies the sound -like an amp - but regaurdless of this a speaker of that size does not put out the amount of sound that they claim. but what do i know i only have a master degree in electrical engineering for the hell of it..

zooker
Old 08-19-05, 08:49 PM   #16
abugarcia6
BassFishin.Com Active Member

yeah...its just like that evening secret thing....yall haerd about that?
google it and read about that...they have video but its expensive
abugarcia6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.