Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-11, 10:02 PM   #1
boloson
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Prespawn & spawn for MA??

Anyone knows the approximate time frame for prespawn & spawn for the MA area? Or a good website to help determine the time frame? Read on the bragging section of this site & some of you downsouth lucky bastards are already catching hogs.
boloson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 10:07 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hahahahaha boloson......i just HAD to laugh at that one pal. you are correct though..SOME of the ones down this way are catching some nice fish. not me though, nope....not me. lol. but that is gonna change i hope man.

now, have you looked up any local sites in your area? try going to fishing reorts onhere and see waht is there. i wish i could help you more buddy.

either that or you COULD come down and wear em all out. lol.
Old 03-28-11, 02:16 PM   #3
Shake n' Bake
BassFishin.Com Member

I live in New York and our spawn typically happens around the end of May/beginning of June. Pre-spawn is mid-April through May post spawn is usually mid-June. Here is a cool spawn map you may want to check out.
http://www.versus.com/blogs/bass-spawn-map/
Shake n' Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 02:30 PM   #4
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

typically it runs from the beginning of June to mid-June, but it can change dramatically depending on weather, especially if this cold freeze doesn't break soon. Last year at this time it was in the 60's and I had already opened up our camp for the season. It was 17 degrees last night and not expected to even get out of the 40's for the next two weeks...
Old 04-08-11, 10:38 PM   #5
boloson

bama u are 1 of the lucky ones to be down south.

shakes thanks for that link. lots of reading to do

jason i can't wait till june man
Old 04-08-11, 10:53 PM   #6
bamabassman

boloson, come on down man. there is room for ya here. jsut ain't no jobs, lol. but ain't none of them anywhere now a days.
Old 04-08-11, 11:08 PM   #7
boloson

i'd love to move to warmer weather year round but like u said, ain't no jobs anywhere so can't leave my secure job for better fishing time....or can I?
Old 04-09-11, 03:08 PM   #8
bamabassman

hey now..it DOES get cold here, even snows. we have had a hard winter for the last 2 years. i am sure we can find oyu a job somewhere......how about wally world, oyu can be a door greeter. tell folks "welcome to wall fart, now git yer chit and get outta here!" hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-11, 07:45 PM   #9
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well I am Texan by Birth (Thank God almighty), A Georgian by job, and southerner by choice! There were only two weekends this winter that my boat didn't back down a boat ramp and that was due to some pretty dramatic road conditions (icing and snow).
Boloson, what is your trade, dude? I thought things were pretty tough right now, but my son got an interview today, and got hired by the Cub Cadet/John Deere factory in the next town up from ours in North Georgia. He's an inspector (principally machine parts).
Old 04-10-11, 01:04 PM   #10
3dkicker

bolo - when the water temps get in the 50-54 degree mark you should be out fishing areas that had grass last year. If you find grass you'll find fish. Think of flats that are 4-8' deep. Once it gets over 60 and close to 65 then look for fish up shallow around docks, laydowns and stumps. You'll see the bucks running the shallow water. Depending on the weather you'll find a few spawning here and there or all at once. Mostly it'll be here and there. Bluegills will bed later and yellow perch earlier.
Old 04-10-11, 11:44 PM   #11
boloson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
hey now..it DOES get cold here, even snows. we have had a hard winter for the last 2 years. i am sure we can find oyu a job somewhere......how about wally world, oyu can be a door greeter. tell folks "welcome to wall fart, now git yer chit and get outta here!" hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
i assume wallyworld is the equivalent to a walmart & if i had to wear all them novelty pins on my apron i'd have to kick my own ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smith View Post
Well I am Texan by Birth (Thank God almighty), A Georgian by job, and southerner by choice! There were only two weekends this winter that my boat didn't back down a boat ramp and that was due to some pretty dramatic road conditions (icing and snow).
Boloson, what is your trade, dude? I thought things were pretty tough right now, but my son got an interview today, and got hired by the Cub Cadet/John Deere factory in the next town up from ours in North Georgia. He's an inspector (principally machine parts).
wow u only missed 2 weekends of fishing? that's awesome considering i got hit with 4 to 6 snow storms this past winter. 9 yrs in law enforcement & pretty secure in my position where a round of layoffs won't affect me, but it affects me nonetheless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
bolo - when the water temps get in the 50-54 degree mark you should be out fishing areas that had grass last year. If you find grass you'll find fish. Think of flats that are 4-8' deep. Once it gets over 60 and close to 65 then look for fish up shallow around docks, laydowns and stumps. You'll see the bucks running the shallow water. Depending on the weather you'll find a few spawning here and there or all at once. Mostly it'll be here and there. Bluegills will bed later and yellow perch earlier.
thanks kicker. just wishful thinking for me. water temp here is probably in the high 20's low 30's & slowly rising. just anxious
Old 04-11-11, 04:18 PM   #12
3dkicker

I was just up in MA two weeks ago. Beside the snow being stacked up in the parking lots and a little here and there in shady spots I didn't see any ice on the ponds??? Why aren't you out fishing????

Then again nobody understood why I fished for bass when I have fished in MA. And what the hell is a "kiver" exactly???? Sorry "kivah".......
Old 04-12-11, 08:35 AM   #13
boloson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
I was just up in MA two weeks ago. Beside the snow being stacked up in the parking lots and a little here and there in shady spots I didn't see any ice on the ponds??? Why aren't you out fishing????

Then again nobody understood why I fished for bass when I have fished in MA. And what the hell is a "kiver" exactly???? Sorry "kivah".......
i have been fishing. in fact almost everyday. just aint catching nothing. the usual blue gills aren't even out yet. vegetation is just starting to grow back. kivah? where do u see that? if i wrote that somewhere it must've been the auto correct on my celly. damn touch screen phones

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.