Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-06, 06:26 PM   #1
IL.bassin
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin
Default Nascar fans

Is it just me or is Tony Stewart the biggest meathead to hit NASCAR?

No doubt he can drive but what an idiot. That post-race interview beats all I ever saw.
"Well the younger guys need to understand that when you're getting pressure by a faster car you need to practice the give and take we talk about in the drivers meeting"

Now thats from the same guy that cried a river when he got spun last week for holding up Ryan Newman.
IL.bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-06, 06:51 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

After todays penalty he was running everyone down to get his lap back.
He's the track bully rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 02:14 PM   #3
CreekGeek22
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Talk about letting success get to your head! Ever since he's done well, he thinks he's God's gift to NASCAR! Sorry fat boy, there are more appealing drivers out there than your scruffy load of lard!
CreekGeek22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 02:43 PM   #4
bassnman30

It's a big fix. All the other drivers are out to get Tony back for winning the championship last year or bad mouthing some drivers who don't know what there doing. They either drive him up into the wall or cause him to wreck by spinning him around the track.
Tony Stewart is a super nice guy and has done the NASCAR sport a top notch in TV as well as live viewing.
What happened yest. was typical of what you could have expected from other drivers.
They bumped him into the wall without expecting to recieve any paybacks.
Like he sayed, if Dale Sr. had been out there then there wouldn't be a problem. Tony is correct in taking Dales place in Nascar.
Yes, I'm a Tony Stewart fan and proud of it. He's a hero and should be looked up to. It seems like all that all ya'll are saying is what happened after the race. He done good by getting his "questionable" penalty lap back, and then got slammed in the rear for no reason at all while in the pit's, give me a break. After all these items took place he did manage to get up to a distant 7th. In my opinion he should have or could have won the event.
Hey ya'll get over it. Its just racing.

Last edited by bassnman30; 07-24-06 at 02:58 PM.
bassnman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 03:00 PM   #5
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Tony Stewart could never and WILL NEVER take Dale's place in Nascar..there isn't anyone that can fill those shoes and there won't be another one like him, and even if there was it surely wouldn't be a pompous ***hole like Tony Stewart. Sr raced hard and did it the old school way. Tony thinks the old school way means "wreck people if you can't pass em or they don't let you by like you're in the fast lane on the interstate" and doesn't understand a thing about it. He's got talent but he doesn't know how to use it the right way.

Tony THINKS he's like Dale, but someone needs to wake him up. He's no racing hero and theres no one that should be looking up to his on-track behavior. There are no drivers out to get Tony for winning the championship...what motive do they have? More times than not, Tony Stewart is driving himself into the wall or causing his own self to spin out because he thinks he owns the track and everyone else should just get out of his way. I don't know if he truly understands the concept of "racing" but it doesn't involve moving over and letting everyone pass you...and while we're on that....when is Tony gonna learn to practice what he preaches? From the very first race of the year, Tony has been spouting off at the mouth about this and that and everything else, and then proceeds to go to the track and do the very things he's condemning in interviews. He's an arrogant S.O.B. and its gonna come back to bite him in the *** soon.

Tony Stewart is no different than several other drivers out there....its always someone elses fault and I never did anything wrong....yeah...is the racing public really that dumb? He pushes people around constantly and theres only a select few he won't touch because he knows he can't intimidate them.

and the "its just racing" line...if its just racing then why the hell does Tony get so mad when someone doesn't just lay over and die when he gets behind them? Why does he get mad when he actually has to WORK to pass someone...THATS racing. Wrecking people and thinking you should get nothing in return is not racing, thats bein a female dog. Aside from that..its way MORE than racing..its millions of dollars and the livlihood of many men working on that car in hopes that it performs well. Its not Tony Stewart Racing..its NASCAR...if he wants to run the show, he should go back to Eldora.

I do concede that off the track, he seems like an excellent guy.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-06, 04:35 PM   #6
IL.bassin

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassnman30
They bumped him into the wall without expecting to recieve any paybacks.
Nope. Tony passed Clint Bowyer on the outside of a turn and didn't leave himself enough room to clear. When a car comes off the corner it immediately slides up to the wall we all know this but Tony doesn't? Was Bowyer supposed to hit the brakes so Tony could clear?

Quote:
Like he sayed, if Dale Sr. had been out there then there wouldn't be a problem.
He wasn't saying that it would be ok to drive like this if Earnhardt was still racing. He was talking about Dale's ability to talk to the younger drivers and keep them in check. He did this because the younger drivers respected Dale. So no matter how much Tony flaps his gums about give and take and driving smart nobody listens because they don't respect him.

Quote:
He's a hero and should be looked up to.
I for one wouldn't want my kid to look up to a guy that thinks that everybody owes him something and bullies the ones that don't pay.

Quote:
He done good by getting his "questionable" penalty lap back, and then got slammed in the rear for no reason at all while in the pit's, give me a break.
When you drive down on a guy in the straightaway it's deliberate and there's nothing questionable about it. The penalty was well deserved. The only way it can even be called questionable is because they didnt penalize him at Daytona when he did the same to Kenseth.

Getting spun on pit road for no reason? Did you watch the Carl Edwards interview after the race? Let me add-lib what Edwards said. " he drove into Bowyer for no good reason which got me caught up in a wreck. I need everypoint I can get right now. As I drove past Tony I threw my arms up like what the heck. Tony gave me the finger. So yeah I was mad. Sounds like a good reason to me and Edwards got a black flag for it. But I guess we've all forgot Tony spinning Gordon on pit road a couple years ago. How bout him spinning Vickers at Watkins Glen?

Quote:
After all these items took place he did manage to get up to a distant 7th. In my opinion he should have or could have won the event.
I give him all the credit in the world for his driving ability. And yes he'd have been in alot better position to win if he wouldn't have done stupid stuff to go a lap down.
IL.bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-06, 12:36 PM   #7
adamgambill
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Tony Stewart is the new 03-04 Kevin Harvick. Sounds like a 4 year old after something dosent go his way. I used to pull for the 20 NEVER AGAIN.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.