Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-06, 10:44 PM   #26
ILfishinman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to ILfishinman Send a message via MSN to ILfishinman

what ya need to do is go to carp anglers group website. and learn to tie hair rigs and use corn or boilies on them. also you could tie up a bolt rig with sweetcorn on it with gear you have now and make a packbait to put around the weight.
my packbait is 2 cups potato buds. 2 cups bird feed with corn. and 2 cups oatmeal. to pack it on ur weight just get sum water and mix it into it when ya need it and make it into a ball you can pack around your weight. it will breakup in the water acting as chum
Old 07-17-06, 10:46 PM   #27
fishing_sniper
BassFishin.Com Active Member

take some beef bloood(can get it at any butcher) and pour into a pan bout half inch deep and set it out in the sun till it dries solid and cut it into chunks that works best for lil ones 1-4 lbs that and worms but most pple goto the easy ways these days and use preemade dough or dough balls but fer the big ones use small blue gill live or shiners dead or alive dont make to much diff
if ur little one is younger try using a corkwith a foot or 2 of line down under it (works best with spinning reels)
if hes a lil older take a leader of 20-30 lb mono bout a foot long and put a slip sinker above it (slip sinker so when he bites it he pulls ur pole not the lead) and i would suggest a weedless hook.
Old 07-17-06, 10:47 PM   #28
ILfishinman

Send a message via AIM to ILfishinman Send a message via MSN to ILfishinman

another good bait is dried chic peas(garbanzo beans) strawberri kool-aide ana water. you take the chic peas and put them in a tupperware thing with a flat bottom and lay down one layer of chic peas and put one or 2 pack of koolaide sprinked on them and put just enough water to baley cover them up and let them sit over night to soak up the water
Old 07-18-06, 01:18 AM   #29
FishySkater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to FishySkater

You should try catching one with Pizza crust. Thats what i use when i go for Carp. I ordered a pizza and saved the crust. Then i threw some out into the lake and let it sit there to see if they liked it and they did so i put a peice on my hook and just let it sit on the top of the water until it bit and then the fun was on. It Put up a good fight though ill tell you what almost ran out of line but i let it take out some drag so that it would wear out. I didnt have to becasue i use thirty pound test but i didnt want to snap my pole so i let him where himself out.
Old 07-23-06, 12:44 PM   #30
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have a buddy who puts carp in his pond every 40 yrs. Thats the life span of these type fish (as I'm told). They grow big but won't hit alot of baits. The grass has all but disappeared yet the fishing is great. These fish are sterilized.
Old 07-26-06, 08:44 PM   #31
senko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassking22
Yep thats what they did and nobody can seem to catch one of these monsters.
my biggest fish happens to be a 30 lb. carp.

i like clams for catfish...

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.