Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-06, 11:09 AM   #1
bassintxlady
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady
Default No Place Like Home.....

Well....first off i'm thankful to be here to see the mugshots that JB gave on the thread started by betursweetbass....lol....i needed to laugh today after the time i had yesterday....

It started out as a fishing trip just me and my little boat...(basshunter)...i got on the lake at 8am.....looked good for catching some fish and feeding my need to be near the water and catching a few precious little life forms...had a nice one get my bait about 9:30....gave me a good little fight.....got him up to the boat.....saw his eyes.....went to lip him to pull him in and he spit the hook.....(shucks)....i thought....i just wanted a picture is all....and give him a kiss on the nose.....oh well, i thought there will be others.....so back to fishing.....by 10:30 nothing...so i decided to move around the point to an area where there are lots of weeds to fish.....so off i go....i get around the point and my trolling motor starts to slow down....(battery going low)....ah shoot, i thought.....well i'll just drift and anchor when i want to slow down....i thought by doing this i would rest the battery and it would give me the juice to get back around the point later .....oh contraire.....as i was fishing along the weeds....i turned around to see a storm coming across the lake....no harm i thought...it was on the other side and would pass me by.....(wrong).....it circled behind me and all hell broke loose....dangit....so a paddling i went....it took me an hour to get to the other shoreline fighting the waves.....it threw me out of my seat so many times i got frustratred and took the seat off the boat and threw it to the front and sat down and continued to paddle.....the harder i paddled the less i would get....(dang)....this sucks i thought....but the perserverence kept me going.....i got to the shore line but had nowhere i could get the boat to the shoreline....so i kept paddling to get to the point .......(the storm had other plans for me).....the boat was rocking so bad it almost capsized me.....i lost a rod....but got it back with the help of my little paddle...good thing too that was my new loomis rod dangit.....anyway....as my boat almost went over i was spotted by 2 fisherman coming across the lake .....they came over and i threw them my rope....the boat continued to rock violently and the guy said...whoaaaaa....and pulled my boat up next to theirs and said..."you stay close young lady".....well needless to say the female in me was showing and i was in tears.....so i couldn't say anything....they towed me to the boat ramp where i offered to pay for their gas for helping me.....they both said..."no way"...."we didn't mind helping a lady in distress"....of course i thanked them immensely.....and off they went and i floated onto the ramp.....i got out and pulled up the boat and sat down, shaking and crying.....and thought about all the places i could be right at that moment but there.....nevertheless.....i was there.....and it had turned to crap on me in a heart beat....

I'm glad to be here today to share this with you....and i think that the next time i go fishing alone i will make sure i have a new battery on board instead of one that i had.....for i foresee in the future it wont be my last time to go alone....and when the blister on my hand from paddling heals up i'll probably be ready to go again.....

Hope all of you had a great 4th of July.....just thought i'd share mine with you.....over all mine SUCKED!!!!!......but i'm still here ......

good fishing all of you......laters......

bassintxlady.....aka....Loretta......

oh by the way here's a picture of the storm moving in on me!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	the storm.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	530  
Old 07-05-06, 11:26 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

txlady,
nice to hear from you again, i figured the new house is keepin' ya busy ..
I had a storm come up on me in a canoe about 30 years ago, had to paddle against the wind for an hour to get back.
Those sudden storms can be scarey...
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-06, 02:44 PM   #3
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

As long as you are alright. Storms are a b$#@#. Pays to be able to pull off the damsel in distress when needed. Some of the guys on this site might try to pull it off now. That might be kinda interesting. Glad you are okay, hope you at least had a stiff drink when you got home.
Old 07-05-06, 06:38 PM   #4
bassintxlady

well i don't drink so i just had a good old fashioned snot blowing cry.....my eyes were swollen this morning and i have a blister on my hand....and aside from being a little stiff from being tossed around i guess i am very very fortunate.....and i tell you one thing....i thank the big one up above for those fisherman helping me out....or i would've been a gonner for certain......
Old 07-05-06, 06:41 PM   #5
bassintxlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
txlady,
nice to hear from you again, i figured the new house is keepin' ya busy ..
I had a storm come up on me in a canoe about 30 years ago, had to paddle against the wind for an hour to get back.
Those sudden storms can be scarey...

yeah ....i have been busy some what JB.....but i do look in now and then on everyone i just dont always say anything.....i feel for ya on the canoe....being in a little 9 ft piece of plastic wasn't too assuring for me either....but....i'm here so now i need to concentrate on getting my feet wet again and going fishing.....hehehehe......
Old 07-05-06, 09:54 PM   #6
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

agreed, i hate storms... woulda fished yesterday had it not een for the storms

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.