Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-07, 01:04 PM   #1
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default What's my boat worth?

It looks like I am getting a new boat so I want to sell the old one. It is a 1992 Sylvan Woodland 16' aluminum with about a 1994 Johnson 40HP with oil injection. It will come with 2 props, old Eagle in back and a new Eagle 320c in front, 28# Minn Kota, 2 newer big marine batteries, etc. New tires on trailer with bearing buddys. I am just trying to figure out what to ask for it. I looked around the net and have not seen any others for sale. There is nothing wrong with it, I am just moving up in size a little and want a glass boat. Thanks!

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-07, 01:30 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I used bucvalu.com to see and they say 2000 bucks...is that close?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-07, 03:38 PM   #3
IowaFishin
BassFishin.Com Member

I Think That Is Is Worth About $50. And I Know Someone Who Would Love To Take It Off Your Hands... Iowa Is Not That Far Away!
IowaFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-07, 07:19 PM   #4
HOG Ranger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

It is hard to estimate because of the different areas but I would guess in the $2500 to $2800 in this region. Selling a boat can be a difficult thing and everyone wants a deal.
HOG Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-07, 08:06 PM   #5
zooker

nada.com

they list the boat and moter seperate..

zooker
Old 02-14-07, 11:05 PM   #6
lizardsrule

Just my opinion(which aint worth much), but I would say between 2k and 3k. It looks nice, has some decent extras than a typical john/aluminum boat.

Lizards
Old 02-15-07, 12:08 AM   #7
Bender

I appreciate the information. I paid $2500 (from a friend) for it 1.5 years ago and put a lot into it. I know it is things I won't get back like rebuilding the carbs, batteries, maintenance, electronics, etc. since it had not been used in a couple of years it took a lot to get it going again. I will list it for $3000 OBO. Thanks!
Zooker, even NADA doesn't have this thing listed. The closest Sylvan they have goes for $2100 w/o motor it looks like. It must be an oddball boat!

Last edited by Bender; 02-15-07 at 12:16 AM.
Old 02-15-07, 10:48 AM   #8
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

I'd say it, and all the extra's are worth close to 3K easily, but your most likely going to be getting offers around 1800.00 to 2250.00. If you wait and hold out long enough, you might eventually get your 2500 back. It really does depend on the market value in your part of the country too.
If you don't need the money before you buy the new one, take your time and wait for the price you want or am willing to settle for. If you can't wait, and need the cash for a down, then don't take less than 1900.00. Would be a great deal for someone at 1900.00 and would give you at least 50% of your money back. Once you have your new boat, this one and the money gained or loss will eventually be forgotten.
Good Luck on the sale.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 03:50 PM   #9
lizardsrule

Have you thought about trading it in? If so what will the dealer give you for it?

Lizards
Old 02-15-07, 04:29 PM   #10
bassbooger

Lizards is right on this. Take it and see what they will give you for trade in on it. You might get more for it that way. Don't let them screw you though.
Old 02-15-07, 05:55 PM   #11
flbassman

Around here, I'd say somewhere between 3 and 5k. Just my opinion....
Old 02-15-07, 06:18 PM   #12
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

In the past when I have talked trade in with boat dealers they are not even interested in seeing a boat unless its fairly new, like 5 yrs or newer. That too, depends on the dealer your dealing with, some are more aggressive than others.

In his part of the states (michigan) they may not offer more than 12 to 14 for it???? Still, it's is a nice clean boat, and somebody will definately take it off your hands for close to or more than what you paid for it if you stand firm on it.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 07:29 PM   #13
Bender

I mentioned trading it in and they didn't seem too interested. I think that I will have the best luck selling it. Now I just have to make a list of everything and put a for sale page together. It must look strange since I am also selling 2 (or 3 for the right price) of my cars that I don't use anymore. I am not going crazy, just trying to feed the monkey! (Edit: and the wife, since we moved last week and need a lot more furniture)
Old 02-17-07, 02:58 PM   #14
commanche

here in my area of pa.that boat would sell for about 1800..boats are hard to get rid of when old like your 1992 date,EVEN tho i feel its worth more..

buyers dont look at that ,they look at date of boat..

its like my chevy truck,i paid 28,000 for it in 1998,i have 65,000 miles on it, i put all kinds of things in it too..

i tried to sell it this summer for 14,000,best offer i got was 11,000....

economy is bad ,union jobs are going and the cheap labor is now happening, so, everryone is looking for ghreat deal..

what i would do with boat is find someone with a small game chance license and sell tickets that someone can win boat..

make it 2 dollars a ticket or 3 for 5 dollars..

i bought a bow that way, used it couple of times and doubled my money on drawing at our local sport club..
commanche is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.