Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-10, 12:39 AM   #1
Strike_King 609
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Anyone have a good Light setup

I have been doing alot of night fishing over the past month. I have a 16ft bass tracker i was wondering if anyone had an Idea of the best way to install some lights on board and what would be the best kind of lights to go with. If anyone has any pixs of there light set up an feel like helping a brother out please post a pix. I have Two Piaa Hid fog lights i was thinking of hooking up on some kind of swiveil but dont know how that will go over with the bugs. Let me know thanks
Old 07-14-10, 12:52 AM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Lancer6 has a device called a nuclea-eye(sp?)pretty expensive but by far the best night fishing light I've seen. black light, UV and regular.
Old 07-14-10, 08:02 AM   #3
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I personally avoid using any lights.. Unless I hafta..

I think it spooks the fish..and where I fish back in the woods it does..

Capt Mike
Old 07-14-10, 08:24 AM   #4
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Strike King,

if your Piaa lights are truly HID lamps (metal halide or high pressure sodium, I'm assuimg MH), you wouldn't want to use them for fishing.

HID lighting is really only for applications where you turn them on and leave them on. You would be absolutely swimming in bugs if you did that.

HID lighting is not suitable for turning on and off, because there is a delay of several minutes when turning them on. The lamp has to re-establish the arc that makes the light.

As for lights spooking the fish, you could always go with a black light. UV light does not penetrate more than a few inches into the water, so is in effect, completely invisible to the fish. Your HID lighting would be visible even past 20-30 feet in clear water.
Old 07-14-10, 10:36 AM   #5
rodnreel
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I don't do much night fishing and don't have any lights on my boat yet, but a lot of guys swear by Bluewater LED's. I've heard a ton of good things about these. They last a LONG time, are easy on the eyes at night, and easy to install. Definitely something you'll want to check out if you're considering night fishing. In fact, they have a package specifically for night fishing:

http://www.bluewaterled.com/catalogdetails.php?id=19

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.